Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

Six Flags Great Adventure Seeks Performers For New Commercial

Six Flags Great Adventure Seeks Performers For New Commercial

Source: NJ Stage originally published: 2016-05-13 13:04:46

TheJoker.jpg

(JACKSON, NJ) -- Six Flags Great Adventure, is seeking performers aged 18-25 for a commercial shoot promoting the park's new "The Joker" roller coaster on May 21. They are looking for non union talent only. Performers must love riding roller coaster as they will be riding The Joker several times.

This will be an all-day shoot on Saturday, May 21 with a rain date of Sunday, May 22. Performers must be available all day into early evening as times may change prior to the shoot. The pay rate is a buyout of $300.
Please email a headshot or current snapshot and a resume if possible to be submitted . Casting will be done in the next few days. Email information to rjzum@aol.com, attention Jenna.

Boooo I'm too old, would have loved to do this

And I am too young.

Wish I didn't work weekends. I'd jump at this opportunity if I were able to.

Hopefully I get to see the commercial shoots in person as I'm going. If anybody is participating, you may see me get close to the shots but not in them.

I've been in the commercial shoot the past 2 years, but this time I'll be at Cedar Point. :P

It's interesting that they're paying now and going through whatever agency (I think?) this is. "Email Jenna at some @aol.com email address" sounds a little sketchy.

(Not saying this isn't real. This is definitely real, just a little strange)

Edited by Matt Kaiser

^Jenna is closely related to the entertainment department and has directed and done stuff with entertainment shows in the past. She also helps with safari by doing acting exercises as she's an acting coach which is why I'm guessing the park is using her.

From what I remember from the Zumanjaro commercial she wasn't there. I think I have a feeling who you're talking about and if I'm right, she's a part of marketing I believe.

(JACKSON, NJ) -- Six Flags Great Adventure, is seeking performers aged 18-25 for a commercial shoot promoting the park's new "The Joker" roller coaster on May 21. They are looking for non union talent only.

Age Discrimination!!!!!! :tt2:

I guess there is liability they have to pay insurance on and that may dictate the age range. That and demographics.

Edited by scott

My friend got an email back. The shoot was actually moved to today (Monday) with a little bit of recording yesterday (Sunday). He got an email very short notice to be at the Monday shoot. He ended up replying too late and missed the opportunity. lol

Well I can say now that footage and photos were released, I attended both Sunday and Mondays shoots and will upload and post some pictures here. I could also do some kind of a TR if anyone is interested?

Look forward to it. Post em

From the sound's of it they just used a Casting Agency/Agent to cast the commercial. Commercial's usually pay really well, hence the $300 buyout. That just mean's they can use it forever and not have to give anymore compensation. Most commercial's do a year Buyout, as almost all ad campaign's never last more than a year. Unless it ends up being a "hit", then after that 1st year if they still use it, you get another payment. I worked in NYC as an BG Actor for 8yrs now (i'm SAG, have an IMDB Page)

From the sound's of it they just used a Casting Agency/Agent to cast the commercial. Commercial's usually pay really well, hence the $300 buyout. That just mean's they can use it forever and not have to give anymore compensation. Most commercial's do a year Buyout, as almost all ad campaign's never last more than a year. Unless it ends up being a "hit", then after that 1st year if they still use it, you get another payment. I worked in NYC as an BG Actor for 8yrs now (i'm SAG, have an IMDB Page)

They did cast some to be the main talent, but didn't necessarily follow that considering i wasn't brought in as a main 'talent' but ended up being used as one.

Onto photos and TR--

IMG_9513.JPG

First train out for the shoot. Also first ride!

IMG_9508.JPG

Waiting while the 2nd group rode. My phone was stolen for selfies.

IMG_9517.JPG

From the Connoisseur FB page .

IMG_9522.JPG

random shot

LHqctIb.jpg

Mounting cameras for close ups and rider shots

I have other photos but I'm not quite sure if they're sharable just yet......

As for the report--

I was in both the shoot on Sunday and Monday.

Sunday 5/22

This was a short day compared to Monday. We were only there for about 4 hours, with 3 - 3 1/2 of those hours being shooting. All shots from this day were distance and not too close of shots via drone.

Arrival time was 8am. Once arrived we had to check in and fill out our release forms. They also had breakfast and drinks for us. Once everyone checked in we just sat waiting for the call that it was time to walk over and ride.

About 30-45 min later we walked over to the ride. Due to the low amount of people, they had to split us up into groups based on shirt color and sex since there was not enough people to completely fill multiple trains, they split us up in a group of 8 to ride first. I was lucky enough to be sent in this group while others had to wait in the plaza and watch.

Once we got into the station they had to do finish up their safety checks and we were ready to begin filming. Like i said earlier it was all done via drone so the first few rides it was starting far away from the ride and flying in. After a few rides and shots, we switched out the groups, and the drone people repositioned to get more shots elsewhere.

For the second round of people they had the drone hovering next to the lift. As the shoot went on, people started switching on and off and they eventually started having the drone hover over and flying near/around the ride.

This was basically the day and only lasted a few hours. We were done around 12. Tomorrow was the big and long shoot.

Ride estimate- ~15-20

Monday 5/23

Arrival time was yet again 8am and followed the same start as Sunday. Check in, release forms, and breakfast. There was a lot more people today, along with the small group they brought in via the performer site. These people were originally brought in to be the ‘performers’ in the commercials— the closeups etc while everyone else was basically seat and train fillers — extras. I was apart of the extras group, but that changed later on as you’ll see.

Just like Sunday, about 45 min after arrival,check in etc we got the OK to walk over to the ride plaza where we met with the production crew. I was happy to see it was some of the same people who shot the zumanjaro commercial as they were good to work with when we did that shoot. Once there they just kind of went over briefly what we will be doing and everything like that.

They then first separated us by sex, swapped out some peoples shirts so there wasn’t too much of one color , and then combined males and females into 2 groups - A side and B side. I ended up on A (green) side. At this point the recruited performers were not riding, and just waiting outside in the plaza. We were ready to load and just had to wait for cameras to be set up. The first shots being done were of the first raven drop. Camera crew and photographer went up into a high reach and filming began.

The first hour or two was just of these shots with the high reach moving around here and there and then eventually a camera started recording from the ground while the photog and another camera remained in the high reach. After that hour or two they brought in the recruited people(ill call them the talent since thats what they were referred to), and they loaded one train with them and continued to film near the first raven drop.

During this segment while we had some down time here and there waiting for the camera to be ready, or high reach to move positions, is when someone in the production crew (i don’t know her official title, but she managed the riders, who rode where etc) noticed me from the zumanjaro shoot and was happy to see I was there. While still sitting in the station she continued to mention me to the guy who seemed to be running the whole shoot and heard them overtaking how she liked me and thinks I’m a good fit etc etc. So at this point I’m sitting here hoping i get pulled to do camera stuff even though i wasn’t in the “talent” group.

Once the drop filming and photos were done they continued to film from the same area in the high reach but seemed to be filming the train as it went through the ride instead of just filming the drop. After those shots were done we got a little break as the crew was going to attach go pros onto the ride- on the stairs/platform on the break run. During this break they took the “talent” and had them ride on the purple side for a ride or two, I’m guessing because the GoPros were mainly pointed to that side.

After that it was time for a break and most of us got lunch while some of the crew and ‘talent’ stayed back at the station. I didn’t want to eat much so i just ate half a sandwich knowing we still had a lot more riding to do so once i was done i didn’t want to sit there and wanted to go sit in the sun, so i went to the bathroom and walked back over to the ride as i planned on to sit over there and just wait, but once i walked through the fence and towards the ride I was approached by an employee saying they(the crew) wanted me.

So off i went looking for where and what i was wanted for and i was sent over to the purple side where I was greeted by the woman that remembered me from the zumanjaro commercial, saying she wanted me over there to balance out the guy- girl ratio. At this point they were mounting up go pros onto the train and i was now part of the ‘talent’ group.

Once the cameras were mounted we were ready to film. They did pairs of 1 guy one girl and i was i want to say the 3rd group to go and film. The girl i was partnered with just showed up and was thrown into her first ride on camera and the production people wanted us teamed up since we both did the zumanjaro shoot together.

Once all the rider footage was done, there were 2 other shoots but ill just leave it at that……

Once said shoots were don’t they went to more of a POV shot with a camera mounted in between the seats on one side, and just like the earlier shoot, started off with girl guy pair, then girl girl pair, and was going to end with guy guy, but time was running out so they skipped guy guy.

At this point the shoot was almost done and just had a few more shots to go and they unmounted the cameras and brought a high reach over near the lift and got a few more shots and that was a wrap at about 4:30 or so.

Ride estimate ~ 25-30+

Great report, it sounds like it was really cool to be in the commercial shoot.

Sounds like a great time, did anyone get sick from riding that much? Lol

People definitely felt it. I know I did. After riding Sunday j knew if I was going to last all Monday I needed to try some Dramamine or something. I took some before we started, and one more about 3/4 through the day when we did close ups.

I ended up sharing with a few others as well but majority seemed to be fine and I give them a lot of credit.

I may have overlooked where you wrote this it in another post but how was it?