• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
29yrswithaGApass

Disney Parks additions

Hearing that makes me feel better about missing the ride this past summer. It sounds like the old version was better.

It finally happened, Disney is going to charge for extra FP+ selections.

https://www.clickorlando.com/theme-parks/disney-world-to-roll-out-new-fastpass-option-for-select-deluxe-resort-guests

Club level rooms only, $50 per person per day for 3 extra selections, 3 days minimum. They can also book their reservations 90 days out instead of 60 for other on site guests. I wouldn't be surprised if they expand the program to all on site guests eventually. It's tough enough to reserve the more popular rides, this will make it even more difficult. It will also probably be more difficult to get 4th, 5th and more free reservations after you use the initial 3 reservations for anyone not paying for this since less will be available.

Our good friend's daughter is leaving for Orlando in another week.  She has enrolled in the Disney University program, which lasts about 9 months.  I asked her what she is going to do at Disney, and she says she is scheduled to sell merchandise at Animal Kingdom.  She was originally scheduled to be a ride operator, but was ruled out because she is currently being treated for a back issue.

On 1/11/2018 at 5:46 PM, Yoshi said:

Hearing that makes me feel better about missing the ride this past summer. It sounds like the old version was better.

It finally happened, Disney is going to charge for extra FP+ selections.

https://www.clickorlando.com/theme-parks/disney-world-to-roll-out-new-fastpass-option-for-select-deluxe-resort-guests

Club level rooms only, $50 per person per day for 3 extra selections, 3 days minimum. They can also book their reservations 90 days out instead of 60 for other on site guests. I wouldn't be surprised if they expand the program to all on site guests eventually. It's tough enough to reserve the more popular rides, this will make it even more difficult. It will also probably be more difficult to get 4th, 5th and more free reservations after you use the initial 3 reservations for anyone not paying for this since less will be available.

Not surprising, I figured they would have additional upcharge fastpasses. Its $50 extra a day on top of staying in a high tier hotel room.