29yrswithaGApass

Justice League: Battle for Metropolis to Debut in 2017 at SFGA

That's incredible to think about!

June 17

Just in case you missed Thursday and Friday, Season Pass holders will receive exclusive Early Ride Time on JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis, BATMAN: The Ride and THE DARK KNIGHT coaster from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.

June 15th if you are a pass holder.

given that half of attendees are pass holders, I would think it is going to be mobbed.....

• Like 1

But the 15th being a thursday and some schools will still be open it may not be that bad

But the 15th being a thursday and some schools will still be open it may not be that bad

Even if schools come, most of the kids probably won't have Season passes

given that half of attendees are pass holders, I would think it is going to be mobbed.....

When Joker "opened", it wasn't super packed when we were waiting in line for it.

Ugh, I was at the park on Sunday and the path was open to get to the picnic area. I was going to try and get another exterior shot to see the progress just a few days to opening but I waited too long and the gate was closed. I could kick myself if I was younger and still had the flexibility.

So disappointed.... I have something that I have to go to tomorrow so I am going to miss the JLBFM media event. :(

It is the first ride opening event I have missed in 10 years.

Sorry to hear that, Harry!

^ Oh no! Who's gonna do trip photo report about JLBFM media event tomorrow?

You can do a photo trip report if you're going to the season pass preview!

Finally made my first visit to the park today. JL definitely exceeded my expectations. I saw a POV of one of its clones last year, however POV's do not do this thing justice. There were a lot more practical effects than I expected, and those last few scenes offered some great vehicle movement that synced perfectly to the screen. The exterior and queue were also very nice aesthetically.

There were a couple of issues, though. First, and this has nothing to do with the ride itself, but the area around the ride is extremely empty and bare. They did a good job of repainting/retheming buildings on that strip but there is so much empty concrete space. The fact that the cut through to the Big Wheel is still blocked off make it even more...odd. I have obviously been rooting for a new coaster next year, but in all honesty they need to funnel that money into adding more flats, shops and landscaping to this area. Secondly, there should really be an attendant where the line splits for groups of 1-2/3 or more. It kept backing up there as people were checking to see which line appeared shorter as opposed to following direction. Lastly, there were technical issues during my 2nd ride. It had a 10min breakdown while I was in line, and on the last screen where the scores were displayed the graphics stayed frozen.

Overall, amazing addition to the park. We have needed a dark ride for years and this really blows away almost every non-Universal/Disney dark ride I have been on.

What's the future of the Showcase Theater? Are they going to have shows in the building this summer? I have yet to see anything in there since Holiday in the Park, except for some dance competition a couple weeks ago, which had nothing to do with the park.

What's the future of the Showcase Theater? Are they going to have shows in the building this summer? I have yet to see anything in there since Holiday in the Park, except for some dance competition a couple weeks ago, which had nothing to do with the park.

I don't understand it either. They own the rights to Looney Toons, so why not just play some episodes a couple times a day for a half hour while they don't have any shows going on. Put something in there so we have some show to watch while it's really hot out.

They don't own the rights to Looney Tunes, they pay licensing fees to use them. Showing them in a public space like that would require paying extra fees.

Rode it twice today, got around 89,000 first time and over 90,000 the second time.

Currently nothing planned except for some events.

Six Flags FUN!, did you get a chance to ride Justice League yet? After following its construction so closely, I am curious what you thought of it.

• Like 2

I'm headed to the park today to try the ride for the first time. It's supposed to rain all day so good thing it's an indoor ride lol. This is also gonna be my first time driving to the park because I just got my license yesterday!

Thank you! I thought Justice league was very fun and a really cool ride. The parts where the ride went right up to the screens were very immersive.

Thank you! I thought Justice league was very fun and a really cool ride. The parts where the ride went right up to the screens were very immersive.

I love the part where you are chasing the subway train.