29yrswithaGApass

2018 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

For anyone who didn't click the link: that's for all of Six Flags, not necessarily Great Adventure.

As displayed on the upper right of the slide ;)

My wild guesses for the 5 records/ North America's first:

Magic Mountain: World's tallest Skyscreamer between Tidal Wave exit and Riddler's Revenge

Fiesta Texas: RMC Raptor coaster or S&S prototype coaster possibly replacing Poltergeist(relocate to La Ronde)

Over Texas: Skyline Attractions Skywarp in the old strip mall land by Joker

Great America: Mack Powersplash (Pulsar) replacing V2(relocate to America) and Yankee Clipper

Over Georgia: Mack Powersplash (Pulsar) replacing Georgia Cyclone

As displayed on the upper right of the slide ;)

Great Adventure slides probably only have the generic Six Flags logo too. I wouldn't go by that :P

Magic Mountain: World's tallest Skyscreamer between Tidal Wave exit and Riddler's Revenge

Fiesta Texas: RMC Raptor coaster or S&S prototype coaster possibly replacing Poltergeist(relocate to La Ronde)

Great America: Mack Powersplash (Pulsar) replacing V2(relocate to America) and Yankee Clipper

^ Hey, what about Great Adventure? What our park will get for next year? RMC T-Rex? Flat ride expansion? Revamp kiddie areas?

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

Great Adventure slides probably only have the generic Six Flags logo too. I wouldn't go by that :P

Ah yes. So true but would a generic Six Flags slide be promoting record breakers for non Six Flags parks? :Sherlock:

Pay me no mind. I'm sitting at my desk at work and enjoying the posts as they come up. Don't tell.

I have never seen the Six Flags logo stamped on the Great Adventure slides, they might put it on the slide if they build a record breaker like Thunder Gun Express.

Magic Mountain is probably adding a Dive Coaster for next year, as it's been rumored for awhile now and I think it would complete their coaster line up. Plus it would be their 20th coaster.

Fiesta Texas already has an RMC coaster in their park so adding another one would be useless.

I don't know how well this will fit into the current discussion. But recently I went to Great Adventure and I decided to ride The Joker. I was in line and saw one of the ride operators wearing an orange shirt instead of a standard blue one. Must be of a higher rank. But I over heard him and his buddy talking about their coaster counts. When my restraints were getting checked, I decided to jokingly ask if he had any insight on a 2018 attraction. I was expecting to be told something along the lines of, "I can not talk about that," as that is the response I have gotten many times. But the ride operator said, "It is probably going to be a flat ride of some sort. We need it." As for right now, I can only believe that more than anything else because it was coming from a staff member that must have extended knowledge about the park. I still take it will a grain of salt, but there ya go.

^Awesome, I predict seven months of people asking for construction pictures on a weekly basis and Six Flags won't start construction on the flat rides until March or April. Do you have pictures of dirt pile construction?

• Like 2

I see a flat ride happing over a coaster for sure

I'm not sure if there would be much additional benefit by adding another coaster, unless it were a smaller woodie.

Now the question is what flat ride and where??

I'm not sure if there would be much additional benefit by adding another coaster, unless it were a smaller woodie.

There would definitely be benefit to another coaster, specifically a relatively high capacity one. The park has only added 2 short clones and a relocated standup the last 10 years, while removing both tracks of Chiller, GASM and both tracks of Rolling Thunder. Thrill rides will always be our park's bread and butter. They have been filling in much needed gaps the last 5 years so a new, big coaster would not be unreasonable. I do feel there are other areas that could use investment before a coaster, but adding a coaster would be far from overkill.

Id love a new woddie

Honestly I think it is time for a major roller coaster for us. Joker is a clone, Green Lantern ( possibly the worst coaster in the park) and an indoor wild mouse are the last 3 coasters we got. It has been ten years since we got a top level roller coaster

The only real question would be its location. There's a pretty decent space near the former spot of the lake grandstand that could be used. I guess the only problem would be the loss of the firework viewing area and then the required tree removal.

The only real question would be its location. There's a pretty decent space near the former spot of the lake grandstand that could be used. I guess the only problem would be the loss of the firework viewing area and then the required tree removal.

There really isn't as much space as you think over there. It is a very thin piece of land that could barely fit Joker.

My bet for the location of the next coaster will be either in RT's old footprint or somewhere around Freefall's old location. The other option is removing a current coaster, which would likely be Bizarro.

I would hope they don't remove Bizarro. Could they add something next to it. Maybe going into the front part of the Safari that doesn't seem used anymore?

They could also do something crazy with their land. They could relocate the slingshot, go karts and the swing ride and that frees up a lot of land while removing the simulator building. I would also like see them take a Hershey park take on how their coasters are laid out. Like above the midways or over water. They could also remove the arena next to Bizarro.

They could also do something crazy with their land. They could relocate the slingshot, go karts and the swing ride and that frees up a lot of land while removing the simulator building. I would also like see them take a Hershey park take on how their coasters are laid out. Like above the midways or over water. They could also remove the arena next to Bizarro.

that old simulator building is a blight

I was going to say the same thing about Hershey how they are able to fit in rides even without much space. It's the same thing with Grona Lund. Not much space with many coasters and they are still adding a B&M invert in a few years. https://rcdb.com/9352.htm#p=33107

I don't think we will be getting a major coaster anytime soon. Six Flags seems to be adding fewer expensive coasters in the past 6 years and with a park that already has so much variety in coasters, I think they are going to address other needs first.

I don't think we will be getting a major coaster anytime soon. Six Flags seems to be adding fewer expensive coasters in the past 6 years and with a park that already has so much variety in coasters, I think they are going to address other needs first.

I hope you are right!

So I heard a few days ago, I think on FB, that someone saw some kind of fence put up in HH. Can anyone confirm? Except for a massive expansion I couldn't see them starting anything HH-related this early but you never know. After the last two years of early construction clues this year has been very quiet.