29yrswithaGApass

2018 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Not to try to cha he the subject, but I just recently got back from great adventure and saw that they painted over spots on nitro where bare metal was showing in the hand rails and poles in a silvery gray. Hopefully that means a paint job along with a world's first ride

Does GA have to get township approval/permits for anything they build or demolish on their property? Obviously the state must inspect anything ride related. I wonder if they have to file for environmental/NJDEP permits also. Typically when you disturb any land, you have to calculate and prove that you are not increasing any stormwater runoff by increasing impervious area (replacing grass or dirt with asphalt, concrete, etc). But they may already have a s have toptormwater management plan and general permit with the state.

I know they did have too. and I belive they still do. And tree removel is still a big deal. Im still hoping that what they take out for the solar farm is replaced with in the park as well.

Not to try to cha he the subject, but I just recently got back from great adventure and saw that they painted over spots on nitro where bare metal was showing in the hand rails and poles in a silvery gray. Hopefully that means a paint job along with a world's first ride

That must have happened very recently, because when I was there last week those handrails and supports were still chipped and rusted. Sounds like a primer coat, but the question is will they follow up with a repaint or is this just a stopgap measure.

Didn't any tell them you are supposed to paint from the top and work your way down

Those Raptors have horrible capacity. That seems to be 100% out for ANY six Flags park.

Those Raptors have horrible capacity. That seems to be 100% out for ANY six Flags park.

It would be a great fit for TGE.

Since there has been no reported land clearing, markers or attractions closing yet, where does everyone think this new attraction will go? I think/hope they will continue building up the former Old Country area, although it wouldn't surprise me if they threw us a curveball.

Interesting development. It still makes me nervous with 0 indication of any land clearing which would have to start soon for any type of coaster, but I still have my fingers crossed. I almost hope they wait a year if that's what it takes to get the upgraded version in the T-Rex, but I'd go crazy for a Raptor track as well. The capacity does scare me, though.

Yeah I'd think we would have seen somebody kind of markers in the park. And I agree. Let them work out all the kinks with the raptor and hopefully we'll get the T Rex next year.

It would be a great fit for TGE.

TGE sure gets crowded. That goes for any major chain park in general. I don't know how SFFT is going to pull it off honestly. Well, time to book a flight to San Antonio next year ;)!

Interesting development. It still makes me nervous with 0 indication of any land clearing which would have to start soon for any type of coaster, but I still have my fingers crossed. I almost hope they wait a year if that's what it takes to get the upgraded version in the T-Rex, but I'd go crazy for a Raptor track as well. The capacity does scare me, though.

Remember when people kept saying this about the S&S 4D Free Spins? Everyone thought we would get the bigger 10 inversion one and were shocked when Six Flags dropped the exact same ride here that Fiesta Texas received. I would expect to get an exact clone of this Raptor track coaster too. T-REX looks like it will provide a way to build cheap Giga coasters, so that might be down the road.

Edited by Medusa42

Remember when people kept saying this about the S&S 4D Free Spins? Everyone thought we would get the bigger 10 inversion one and were shocked when Six Flags dropped the exact same ride here that Fiesta Texas received. I would expect to get an exact clone of this Raptor track coaster too. T-REX looks like it will provide a way to build cheap Giga coasters, so that might be down the road.

I always expected the standard 4D. Word on the street back in 2014 was that GAdv was slated to get Joker the same year SFFT got Batman, but they went over budget with Zumanjaro and got El Diablo instead. I do think it is very possible we get a Raptor instead of a T-Rex, but I am holding out hope that these Raptors will set the stage for T-Rex's at GAdv and SFMM. With that said, I don't expect SF to go anywhere near 300ft with the T-Rex track. I would expect 160ft-220ft.

Oh, come on! What our park will get new addition next year? Since SFFT annoucing new RMC Raptor coaster named Wonder Woman Golden Lasso, maybe the large theme parks like SFGadv will get RMC T-Rex coaster with larger track or the flat ride package. My bet is RMC T-Rex or flat ride package next year I can't think about how amazing RMC Raptor is coming to SFFT. Oh come on, SFGadv! I want RMC T-Rex so badly next year!