• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Six

Favorite Hurricane Harbor Slide

Mr.Six    33

So, most of the slides at Hurricane Harbor are great (but are always jam packed). What's your favorite. Mines actually one of The Falls slides.

The Master    38

The toboggan raft slides are my favorite at HH, though I only was able to ride them once last season because of the long, slow moving lines.

Viper26    11

I haven't went in nearly two years but I'd say the Jurahnimo Falls slide is the best because of its 80 foot drop.

dougdrummer    49

Do they have a regular pool you can just lounge around and wade in the shallow end, or is it a wave pool?

Edited by dougdrummer

The Master    38

Wave pool, and they kick everyone out after the wave cycles.

Viper26    11

Wave pool, and they kick everyone out after the wave cycles.

I never get why they kick everyone out of the pool every hour. It makes crowd problems worse.

Viper26    11

I believe that is a safety thing.

If I remember, it is to help the lifeguards practice safety drills and to clean the water.

The Master    38

It is a very bizarre practice, only other waterpark I am aware of that did this was the former Wet and Wild Vegas. The vast majority of water parks normally do not kick people out of wave pools between cycles. Of course most water parks also do not have tube rentals either, even Disney disbanded it at their water parks.

GAcoaster    78

I believe they do it because there have been a couple of times where kids have drowned in wave pools because the lifeguards couldn't see them in the crowds. This is like a periodic safety check to make sure everyone in the water, make sure things are clean, and then let everyone back in.

Viper26    11

I believe every SF park does it. Six Flags America also does it too.

Mr.Six    33

I guess they have to. I'm going to think it gets a little crazy in that wave pool. I try not to step in at all costs!