• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

Pineracer

Dead Man's Party

I was watchng the Grove Show last Thersday (10/6) and Doc said New England used to do Dead Man's Party. I searched up Dead Man's Party Six Flags and also saw that Over Georgia does it as well. Question 1. Do any other parks do this? and 2. Do all of the parks do the same show (so both Great Adventure and Over Georgia are doing Graveyard Rock)?

They are not nearly the same. I am 99% sure that Great Adventure's is the original, and the others don't even come close to the scale or budget of ours.

They share some songs from our previous DMPs, but really the names of the shows are pretty much the only thing similar about them.

I believe it's only SFNE and SFOG. Maybe 1 or 2 more, but it's definitely not a chain wide thing.

Edited by Matt Kaiser

I believe SFA used to have DMP for a few years.

Other parks have had similar shows (zombie make up, bad lip-synching, fire) under different names, as well. Many of SF shows, in FF and the regular season, are microwaved versions of things that were once good at one park.

For some reason I Saw St Louis was doing it in 2016 too, could have been last year or two years ago.

Is this the show that takes place in front of the abandoned Stunt Show Theater at SFGAdv? If so, I was not impressed with it last year.

Is this the show that takes place in front of the abandoned Stunt Show Theater at SFGAdv? If so, I was not impressed with it last year.

There's no show in front of the "abandoned theater"

There's a show inside the theater, and that's Dead Man's Party

I feel Dead Man's Party will be the only reason we might not see the Batman stage get torn down for a bit. As Raptor/T-Rex coasters get more complex (or if Dark Knight is sent to another Park and we get a spinning coaster), they could use both the stuntman and stage areas for that.

I didnt realise it was inside. I must have nto gotten over there last year. Last I remember it was outside of the stunt show arena.

I didnt realise it was inside. I must have nto gotten over there last year. Last I remember it was outside of the stunt show arena.

Yup - two years ago it was outside, if this is the show I recall, which was my original question. The lip syncing was dreadful, and not in a good way. LOL

Last time I even paid attention to DMP it was still at the big wheel and I vaguely remember it outside the Stunt arena