Sign in to follow this  
GAcoaster

Day 14- Encourage Safari Drivers to Go Off-Road

Only if they double the number of trucks. I have a feeling that if they go more off-road, then the ride will be longer and the waits will be longer.

Also: OFF TOPIC!!!!! What kind of fuel do the truck use?

From the look of the truck and tank, I would say diesel with the latest emission add-ons.

Not to sound mega hippie, But what about Hybrid trucks to make it better for the animals?

That costs more, Six Flags doesn't even make enough to get good coasters from RMC.

I'd also love to see them slow down some especially to admire the animals. Several times this season we didn't stop or slow down until we reached Camp Adventure. They even had gatekeepers keeping the trucks flowing from section to section. It shouldn't be a race just to increase capacity at the expense of the experience.

If capacity is the case, maybe they can have a upcharge attraction where people can get a extended private tour in maybe a jeep and build some dirt hills and what not and make it a real off road experience. That would be awesome.

If capacity is the case, maybe they can have a upcharge attraction where people can get a extended private tour in maybe a jeep and build some dirt hills and what not and make it a real off road experience. That would be awesome.

They offer a VIP Safari Tour. https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/store/vip-private-tours

VIP Safari Tour
  • All the basic tour benefits
  • 2.5 hour off road, Range Rover tour
  • Preferred parking
  • Off road, up close viewing of exotic animals
  • Visits to some of the winter animal homes
  • Meet and feed the animals
  • Up close viewing at tiger and lion dens
  • Additonal animal shows and attractions

I'd also love to see them slow down some especially to admire the animals. Several times this season we didn't stop or slow down until we reached Camp Adventure. They even had gatekeepers keeping the trucks flowing from section to section. It shouldn't be a race just to increase capacity at the expense of the experience.

That is why I preferred driving my own car vs being driven on a bus. I don't have a time schedule to keep and can take my sweet time looking at the animals.

Not sure about driving off road in those 5 ton surplus trucks. They were not designed fpr people to sit in the back, the army designed them for troops to stand which is why the suspension is so stiff and harsh on them.