• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

It's GAH's 10th Anniversary!

gallery_2_595_3591.png

And we are just getting started! Be sure to stay tuned for a ton of new and exciting things all year long!

• New Spotlights from the park's nearly five decades including the Great Arena, Zumanjaro, Great Lake Grandstand, Construction of the Great American Scream Machine, Quest for Camelot Nights, and the planned but never built Great Adventure Hotel.
  • Updated Spotlights with tons of new photos and media including ShockWave, Batman and Robin: The Chiller, Right Stuff: Mach 1 Adventure, Roaring Rapids, Lightnin' Loops, and the Batman Stunt Spectacular Arena.
  • New features including a Great Adventure Concerts Database and a new extensive Shows Library.
  • Completion of our History Timeline Spotlight series.
  • Updated features like an expanded Great Adventure Television Commercials collection featuring over 400 TV ads.
  • New games and trivia challenges in our Goodtime Alley feature.
  • Additional Safari and Hurricane Harbor Spotlights.
  • New Forums and Gallery content and features.
  • An entire new series of Retro Trip Reports not to mention 2017 Trip Reports all season long from opening day to Holiday in the Park.
  • And so much more!

We are happy that you are part of GreatAdventureHistory.com and we look forward to an exciting year ahead!

• Like 1

IBOK    28

Thanks for all that you guys do. It's got to take a great deal of time and dedication to pull this stuff together. Then to keep doing it for a decade is extraordinary.

Yoshi    96

Congratulations, I don't think there is another site out there that has this much information about a theme park as this one and this site is also one of my favorite websites to visit.

RC98    28

Congrats on 10 years, this site is great and I'm looking forward to all the stuff to come!

Mr.Six    33

I remember back in 2010 I saw a Great Adventure Website and kept viewing it and then joined the forums 6 years later ;). Congrats!

GAcoaster    78

To sound like a total jerk, Can there be historical tours of the park too?

I'd love to do them, but I live 1000 miles away now. We may try to organize something in the future though.

I can't believe it's been 10 years...it's been 13 years since I launched my initial site which then branched off to become this. I think there's still a couple of our oldest spotlights with the old "gahistory.amusementpics.com" watermarks on them from before GreatAdventureHistory launched.

To sound like a total jerk, Can there be historical tours of the park too?

Oh, you never know! :P

Thanks everyone for your very kind comments. Obviously this site is something we enjoy so keeping it going won't be an issue. We have so much more to share and to fine tune that it should keep us busy for years to come. I know I am excited!

Here are some photos of the exciting things we have planned for our 10th Anniversary!

gallery_2_25_36980.jpg

Batman And Robin: The Chiller Construction

gallery_2_25_207506.jpg

Right Stuff Mach 1 Adventure's Test Yard

gallery_2_25_817611.jpg

Lightnin' Loops

gallery_2_25_125360.jpg

ShockWave Stand Up Coaster

gallery_2_25_100405.jpg

Roaring Rapids 1981

gallery_2_25_365121.jpg

Batman Stunt Show 1992

gallery_2_25_756619.jpg

Northern Star Arena

gallery_2_25_856274.jpg

Zumanjaro Parts Arrive 2013

gallery_2_25_850382.jpg

Great Lake Grandstand Pre-Opening 1983

gallery_2_25_1028281.jpg

Great American Scream Machine

gallery_2_25_494697.jpg\

Quest For Camelot Nights Show

• Like 1

Yoshi    96

That Chiller hand picture is really cool.

Mr.Six    33

Must had been an empty day in the park for that Lightning Loops photo!

GAcoaster    78

I believe that photo is testing the ride after it was closed from the accident. The new orange restraints with the big handles indicate that it was one of the last seasons it ran.

Even though I don't post as often as I used to, I still follow the site on a very religious basis.

It still feels like yesterday that GAH used to be a little page on AmusementPics.

Really looking forward to all the new features!

CanobieFan    0

Hey everyone!

I think I've posted once a while back.

ANYWAYS!

I've had a great time the past 3 days reading the ride spotlights and really think it's quite amazing to read about some of the ride's locations and histories around the park.

Really well done!

dougdrummer    49

Congratulations, I don't think there is another site out there that has this much information about a theme park as this one and this site is also one of my favorite websites to visit.

I agree - I wish I had found this site years ago - it blows me away with all the amazing information and photos from the past.

Mr.Anarchy    0

Id love for you to branch off and and launch another history website like Geauga lake,cedar point,six flags astroworld. Btw congrats on 10 years, i remember seeing the website in 2011 but just realized this tear that there was a fourms section... if i only knew:(

Happy to hear you guys found our site and are finding it interesting!

Given the amount of photos and information we still have to share about Great Adventure and that to date we have only shared a fraction of it, it's not too likely we will be putting the historical spin on another park anytime soon (even though we have SixFlagsHistory.com site waiting in the wings)!