• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   10/07/2017

Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

Under Funstruction for Your Future Enjoyment

Please remain seated.... your ride vehicle may begin moving again at any moment.

Or as we say in the world of GAH, we will be doing an upgrade to our Forums and Galleries over the next several days. If you try to access the site and it is down, check back as it will be up and running again soon.

Our main home page will remain open for your viewing pleasure during our rehab!

Do you have any plans to clean up the redirect malware that is in some of your forum databases?

You have to delete your browser history to see this issue with the site. Then do a google search so that a link to the forums comes up in the search results. I searched for: greatadventurehistory bizarro relocated. Click on one of the links to a topic in your forums and you will encounter the redirect malware which will redirect traffic to http://url4short.info/e8b34e26 , which is a malware site. It appears your forums may have suffered a php code injection that is a pain to remove.

More info can be found here:

Is something different with this site or my phone? I generally post with my iPhone and can no longer see what I'm typing. I have to blind type on the pop up keyboard, hit done then check my work. Pretty weird. Any advice?

I have never had that happen either.

Interesting. My fast reply doesn't show what I'm typing but the regular reply does. I can make due. Just weird that the page doesn't shift up to show the fast reply box anymore. I'm using the google app to access this. Wonder if that has .something to do with it. No worries

We may experience brief site outages this weekend as we transfer to a new server which will provide us with greater systems capabilities. Be sure to check back as any downtime will be temporary.

• Like 2

As you have probably noticed, there haven't been many new Spotlights or features on our site for the past several months. Sadly, it is not the way we had hoped to celebrate our 10th Anniversary of GreatAdventureHistory.com.

Our major hold up has been the migration of our site to a new more powerful and robust hosting service that will best accommodate our site. According to our provider GoDaddy, because of the amount of files and data we have coupled with its traffic volume, we need a "business-level" hosting package which also comes with a 400% annual increase in cost. While we aren't excited about the extra cost, there is no way we would let that stop us from having this site. And yes, it will remain ad-free because I hate those things!

GoDaddy received payment for the new plan back in June and so far it has taken them over two months to attempt to migrate to our new server and I honestly doubt we are any further along than we were in June. To say their support has been pathetic would be an understatement. You would think upgrading servers would be something they could do with their eyes closed.

In any case, we have been in contact with them constantly - I know GAcoaster is tired of talking to them and getting the run around as much as I am hearing their excuses and false promises. It is something which we expect to have resolved shortly otherwise GoDaddy may be "GoneDaddy" if we decide to pursue a new host. In the end and once migrated, our forums and galleries will take on a new upgraded look. We have plenty of cool things waiting in the wings to add to GAH to make it even more interesting, informative, and entertaining.

Stay tuned!

• Like 2

Is there any chance you would be able to allow us to click on more year park maps to view them in detail?

It's a shame to hear GoDaddy is being so problematic. I can't believe how horribly some companies have been treating their customers lately (I could write a whole essay on how bad Verizon was this past 6 weeks and add in another part about Best Buy).

It's a shame to hear GoDaddy is being so problematic. I can't believe how horribly some companies have been treating their customers lately (I could write a whole essay on how bad Verizon was this past 6 weeks and add in another part about Best Buy).

I did not like GoDaddy's service many years ago when I hosted a band page on their network.

My wife had Go-Daddy issues when she was trying to keep a small web page open for the local rec cheer team up and running. It was very small with only a little bit of information but they always gave her trouble when she tried to make changes.

As far as I can tell there hasn't been many issues with this site going down but I don't know what trouble you have had in the background if any before now.

GoDaddy was heavily into NASCAR and Indy sponsorship with drive Danica Patrick up until about 2 years ago, and now have vanished from the sport.

WELCOME TO OUR NEW SERVER!

I apologize that we went back in time and lost a few of the most recent posts.

Please report any problems you might find (dead links, etc.) here.

What is this Six Flags History thing? I'm so confused. Seems I can't get onto the actual GreatAdventureHistory website.

Edited by Mr.Six

Refresh your link. If you click the link on the top of the forums it will take you to the homepage.

There is a settings hold on our galleries which prevents photos from being uploaded to our photo libraries. This is just temporary. We will let you know when it has been corrected.

So, in case you haven't noticed, we finally got our Forums and Galleries updated!!!

If you spot any issues, please let us know here...

• Like 1

I hope everyone is liking the new Forums/Galleries/Calendar as much as I am!

I love that when you click the "Unread Content" button it shows you not only the new replies on the Forums, but new things posted to the Gallery as well as when something new is added to the calendar. It's great because you won;t miss something new being added anywhere. 

I also like that after you read something the thread goes away so you don't have to remember which one you just read without having to do a new search. 

• Like 3

We have fixed the permission settings for several topics (including this one) that you may have been locked out of from replying.  

If you discover anything where you can not post or reply to a topic please let us know so we can remedy it.