• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

2017 Theme Park Map

Matt Kaiser    140

I compared the 2016 and 2017 maps. I realized there are a few things they added to the map this year that have actually existed for a while, such as the Dippin' Dots in front of the Parachutes.

I wouldn't be surprised if Antique Photos went away, especially with the switch from DigiPhoto to Six Flags running their own photography.

Edited by Matt Kaiser

scott    48

Could it be - Antique Photos is gone.

WOW. That's a shame but then again I cant think of the last time I saw someone in the Antique Photo.

Speaking of photos, has anyone heard anything about season photo passes? We were told at the end of last season they couldn't sell them yet. I'm not sure what the issues is.

I also see, and this may have been mentioned before in another post but the Justice League gift shop is now Gotham City Gifts.

scott    48

I wouldn't be surprised if Antique Photos went away, especially with the switch from DigiPhoto to Six Flags running their own photography.

I guess this could be the answer to my question about the season photo pass.

Matt Kaiser    140

I guess this could be the answer to my question about the season photo pass.

Yup, the fate of DigiPhoto (The vendor SF used) was up in the air at the end of the season. Now it's said and done, with Six Flags taking over.

They actually just started selling 2017 photo passes. https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/store/digital-photo-passes

There's conflicting info, though; The description says it's only valid at Great Adventure, while the passes on other SF park websites says it's valid at all SF parks.

SFGadv123    23

It says JL is opening summer 2017. Does that mean it won't be ready for Memorial day weekend? They seem to be moving along with construction pretty quickly

Mr.Six    33

It says JL is opening summer 2017. Does that mean it won't be ready for Memorial day weekend? They seem to be moving along with construction pretty quickly

Thats what they say with everything. It should open around Memorial Day or early June.

Matt Kaiser    140

I've noticed them freely interchange "Summer" and "Late Spring" in past years, still both meaning Memorial Day, so I wouldn't look much into it.

YoungPup    35

There's conflicting info, though; The description says it's only valid at Great Adventure, while the passes on other SF park websites says it's valid at all SF parks.

I'd love to know the actual details of it. I want to get a photo pass, and I'll be at America next month, so I want to use it there too. I think someone says it has to be processed at the park, so if America's photo pass can be used at any park, I'll just get theirs and have it processed there.

Edited by YoungPup

Here are some of the differences between the 2016 and 2017 maps:

Kingpin Bowl-A-Rama is gone.

Heroes shop (near SkyScreamer) omitted.

Adventure Alley Snacks (near Granny's) omitted.

Wild Things shop (near Skull Mt exit) omitted.

Justice League: Battle for Metropolis added

Justice League Headquarters renamed Gotham City Gifts

DC Superheroes Store added (exit of JL)

Macho Nacho Express added to map (opened in 2016)

Metro Grill and Munchopolis food stands added.

Carousel Snacks added to the map (updated stand)

Runaway Mine Train named Runaway Train

Frontier Snacks added to the map

Season Pass Processing removed from listing

Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs (in Boardwalk) renamed Boardwalk Steak & Fries

Flight Line Dippin' Dots added to map.

The Joker Cart renamed Funhouse Gifts (on map)

Seafari Theater referred to as Safari Discoveries

Antique Photo Emporium omitted.

Leather Treaty omitted.

$10 and Under shop added (site of Antique Photo Emporium)

Go Fresh Cafe renamed Go Fresh Express.

dougdrummer    48

$10 and Under shop added (site of Antique Photo Emporium)

Interesting - I wonder what will be sold for under $10? Stuff you would find in a Dollar Store elsewhere? LOL

• Like 1

Viper26    11

Interesting - I wonder what will be sold for under $10? Stuff you would find in a Dollar Store elsewhere? LOL

Back around 2007, the park ran a $10 and under shop in Batman & Robin the Chiller's gift shop. They basically sold excess merchandise from prior seasons that wasn't sold.

Yoshi    95

Then a few years later there was Big Wheel Deals. I got a mug there with all the coaster logos on it, including some that were already removed at the time such as Viper. Hopefully this new store has similar types of older merchandise.

dougdrummer    48

Back around 2007, the park ran a $10 and under shop in Batman & Robin the Chiller's gift shop. They basically sold excess merchandise from prior seasons that wasn't sold.

When I was there for HITP one of the stores had a discount rack, but with items not of much use. We bought Marvel can coolies for the kids for $2.99.

Edited by dougdrummer

Viper26    11

When I was there for HITP one of the stores had a discount rack, but with items not of much use. We bought Marvel can coolies for the kids for $2.99.

I went to the park in early November and a store near Kingda Ka had a clearance rack that sold merchandise from several years ago.

Viper26    11

So whats the deal with runaway mine train being re named? New sign? Re tracked? Or just a typo?

Probably a typo.

YoungPup    35

So whats the deal with runaway mine train being re named? New sign? Re tracked? Or just a typo?

Idk, if it's not a new sign, I'm not sure why they'd rename it, but even with a new sign it's confusing.

scott    48

That just puts it in line whit what I call it. I don't think I ever had the mine in the middle when I call it out. It has always been the Runaway Train in my head

FlumeOp1974    5

I do belive that the first 2 years it was "The Runaway Train"