Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

The Great Adventure Graveyard of Past Rides

Great Adventure Defunct Rides  

49 members have voted

1. 1. There are 50 rides in the Great Adventure Rides Graveyard. How many of these have you ridden?

• All 50!
    • 40 - 49
    • 30- 39
    • 20 -29
    • 10 - 19
    • Less than 10

I hate to do it, but it's their time. This has to be one of the biggest graveyards around! :lol:

Some of them it is their time unfortunately I will relent. I don't like the sheer numbers involved but when it's your time I suppose it's your time.

Digging is pointless, ill meet all of you in the Steel Mill ;)

I too also have ridden under 10...

Out of all the rides ever built and removed from GA whats your favorite one? Mine might have to be free fall. i remember one year durring season passholder day in oct riding freefall like 80 times before having to get off for someone else to ride. to bad theres only one free falll in op today. its at cp. do u think free fall is in the boneyard next to all the other great flats?

ok ive been on alotvipersplashdownshockwaveenterpriserotorchillerlittle wheeljoust aboutlooping starshipsareivo bobsledlightninlopsultra twistermonster spinmusik expressswiss boball the river ridesel sumbrerotilt a whirlmovie town water effectcondorfree fallim sure theres more just cant look at page and write them all down. my most missed is got to be free fall #1 enterprise #2 and swis bob #3. did you know swis bob almost made it back into the park. the pent a ton of cash and refirbished the track and repainted cars too. but it still sits next to tilt a whirl in the bone yard. lets petiton to bring back flats!

did you know swiss bob almost made it back into the park. the spent a ton of cash and refurbished the track and repainted cars too. but it still sits next to tilt a whirl in the bone yard.

It almost came back twice actually. Once on Shockwave's spot and one on Ultra Twister's.

I've been on

Calypso...worth dancing over!

Chaos...you created so many problems but you should have been given another chance

Condor...you were closed on my visits to SFGAm

Chiller...you had your day

Spinmeister...I'm no trekie or German, but I liked you anyway

Evolution...one time at GA and one time at SFSTl is not enough

Freefall...you were awesome man

Splashdown... You were spacey with your many name changes, but you had a nice hump

Joust-a-Bout...You rocked!

Jump...your closure made me criss cross!

Lil' Wheel...big things come in small packages

Monster Spin...they did you dirty

Spinout...Keep climbing...keep shinning!

Pendulum...you should swing back sometime.

Pirate's Flight...

Rodeo Stampede...insurance agents suck

Rotor...you spun me right round baby

Sarajevo Bobsled...even your sport makes a good coaster

Scrambler...you definitley didn't suck

Shockwave...you were my first looper, but you kinda sucked

Supersidewinder...better than a boomerang and allot more original

Swabinchen...too bad I never knew your real name!

Swiss Bob...you were always open, your replacement is not

Tilt-a-Whirl...every park has one (for a reason)

Traffic Jam...i never minded waiting around for you

Turbo Force...I whored out for you and you made me scream

Time Warp...just a step and you left

Viper...I was bitten and I liked it!

I wish I tried the African, Asian and North American Towers and Lightnin' Loops, Spinnaker, Slingshot and Ultra Twister.

I don't know if I ever rode Fender Bender or the paddle boats.

I have been on a total of 2 (not much I know), Flying Wave and the Hydro Flume. I looked at all the removed rides and if those rides were still here, I would have ridden over half of them. It's sad to see so many great rides especially family rides were removed now and there are hardly any similar rides left in the park now.

Edited by Yoshi

You know, this might be a bit odd, but I think it would be a cool little nod if the park during Fright Fest placed tombstones throughout the park with the names of former rides on them. It would be a nifty little nod not only to the park's past, but to a site that keeps people so informed about it past and present. Just a thought. I love coming back to check this topic out and the graveyard itself though it is depressing that things get added each year to it.

Chris, I know Dorney and Cedar Point do this during Halloweekend. I'm not sure if any other CF parks follow.

If this park does it, I hope they call it the Garden of Marvels. ;)

I really don't like to see any ride go but theres a reason I'm sure. I rode space shuttle,enterprise II,pendlum,viper,chiller,freefall,scrambler.I really miss freefall and wish I rode lightnin' loops. Its really weird without chiller and freefall. I used to spend alot of my day between chiller and freefall. I really hope someday they buy a new enterprise thats one of my favorite flatrides.

Last time I went to GA was the summer of 98. Wish I got to ride some of the rides from the War on Lines, especially Evolution, Jumping Jack Flash, Pendulum, and Time Warp. I rode Chaos one year down Wildwood. Wish I could ride it again.

Big Fury

Calypso

Condor

Chiller

Enterprise ll

Flying Wave

Fender Bender

Freefall

Hydro Flume

Great Train Ride

Little Wheel

Lightning' Loops

Looping Starship

Monster Spin

Matterhorn

Rotor

Scrambler

Splashwater Falls

Super Sidewinder

Swabinchen

Swiss Bob

Tilt-A-Whirl

Traffic Jam

Viper

I was just wondering if you guy's have found a pic. of the Super Cat yet? Going on that ride is one of my earliest memories of the Park.

I was just wondering if you guy's have found a pic. of the Super Cat yet? Going on that ride is one of my earliest memories of the Park.

Yes, we were finally able to get our first (and only) picture of the Super Cat! Watch for the world's smallest Spotlight soon!

I'm not exactly sure if this is the right place for this but... I was searching youtube when i came across this video that pays homage to some of the rides that were removed from the park: ^_^

Edited by GAcoaster
Video removed. This video is composed of other people's photos (including mine)

Guest racinggal17

Next time I hear about the big inflatable spider of doom coming, I have to bring some thumbtacks. reddevil.gif

What about that GASM coaster, I hope that you will add it to the graveyard soon

I've been on: 

Flying Wave
Free Fall 
Hydro Flume 
Koala Kanyon 
Looping Starship 
Rotor 
Splashwater Falls 
Simulator Building (Dino Island II, Right Stuff, Spongebob and Fly Me to the Moon) 
Autobahn 
Musik Express  

Also the many lost flats of Balin's Jungle Land and Bugs Bunny Land ^_^

Edited by Tbone112499