• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

dougdrummer

Justice League - the Opening 6/15/17

Wow - I've never seen a Log Flume that doesn't have a rotating platform! .

log flume at Dorney Park doesn't have one. It has a duel loading platform and each log comes to stop to load and unload. That log flum happens to also be one of my favorites also lol

The staff working the Hershey Tour ride must end up walking many miles during a shift, because you constantly have to be on the move to keep up with the rotating platform.

So, what about the "Virtual Loop" that was advertised??? I guess it wasn't that spectacular since no one even mentioned it in their report (unless I missed it). Seems like an exciting ride, though. I'll post some aerials of this section of the park after my next flyover.

• Like 1

So, what about the "Virtual Loop" that was advertised??? I guess it wasn't that spectacular since no one even mentioned it in their report (unless I missed it). Seems like an exciting ride, though. I'll post some aerials of this section of the park after my next flyover.

The virtual loop happens so fast, that most people don't even realize it until halfway through or afterwards. (Kinda like an "Oh, THAT was the loop!" realization) It's not that spectacular.

BUT, the virtual roll is pretty cool. Makes up for the loop.

Wow - I've never seen a Log Flume that doesn't have a rotating platform! And I believe the Chocolate World tour ride also has a rotating platform.

The one at Kings dominion doesnt. It's duel just like at Dorney.

What is the virtual loop?

On a screen, one of the scenes towards the end shows the vehicle you're on doing a loop. As it's a virtual loop, you don't go upside down but it does feel like you are.

On a screen, one of the scenes towards the end shows the vehicle you're on doing a loop. As it's a virtual loop, you don't go upside down but it does feel like you are.

There's also a corkscrew moment virtually too

There's also a corkscrew moment virtually too

It's a barrel roll in the subway scene.

Ah ok, exactly what it sounds like. Also so an ad last night that had which helped explain it lmao

Lol - I just got to the launch site in 10 minutes, only for the ride to break down. "We are experiencing technical difficulties and do not know how long it will take to fix".

Edited by dougdrummer

Dougdrummer- we must have been in line with you!!

At least it was a quick fix

Figures - I bailed after about 10 minutes - my wife was waiting for me outside. When the mechanics showed up I thought that it was going to be a long wait....

We've ridden it 6 times today lol Highest score I got was 220,000. My son got 190,000.

Fun fun ride. I don't think I'd wait hours for it, but my kids LOVED it!

I scored 182,00 the other day, but it was only me and my wife in the car, so less people fighting over targets. It told me I was in the top 40% of all time, which I don't think is all that much of a compliment. LOL