• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
Six Flags FUN!

Six Flags Additions for 2018

Alright, let's talk about new additions for the parks in 2018.

Six Flags Great Adventure -

Six Flags Hurricane Harbor (NJ) -

Six Flags Magic Mountain -

Six Flags Over Georgia -

Six Flags America -

Six Flags Great America -

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom -

Six Flags New England -

Six Flags St. Louis -

Six Flags Fiesta Texas -

Six Flags Over Texas -

Six Flags Mexico -

La Ronde -

Great Escape -

I'll start first....let me see. I predicting Great Adventure might expansion new Metropolis section with new flat ride package to take over rest former Old Country section I think since Justice League is very popular this year.

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

Medusa42    26

I put the 5 Record Breaking/North America's First additions in bold.

Six Flags Great Adventure - Zamperla Giant Discovery near Justice League & 2nd Wave Pool for Hurricane Harbor (Possible nearby waterpark within 100-150 miles taken over by Six Flags to ease capacity concerns.)

Six Flags Magic Mountain - World's tallest Skyscreamer by former Riddler Revenge gas station & where Tidal Wave's entrance used to be.

Six Flags Over Georgia - S&S 4D Free Spin replaces Axis Arena

Six Flags America - V2 relocated from SFGAm replaces The Penguin's Blizzard River

Six Flags Great America - Mack Rides Power Splash (Pulsar clone) replaces V2 and Yankee Clipper

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - S&S 4D Free Spin

Six Flags New England - Justice League: Battle for Metropolis replaces Gotham City Gauntlet: Escape from Arkham Asylum

Six Flags St. Louis - S&S 4D Free Spin

Six Flags Fiesta Texas - Mack Rides Power Splash (Pulsar clone) replaces Poltergeist

Six Flags Over Texas - Skyline Attractions Skywarp themed to Two-Face

Six Flags Mexico - Skyline Attractions Skywarp themed to Two-Face & Zamperla Giant Discovery

La Ronde - Poltergeist relocated from Fiesta Texas and replaces Cobra

Great Escape - Gotham City Gauntlet: Escape from Arkham Asylum relocated from SFNE replaces Skycoaster

Waterworld California - Proslide RocketBlast/Flying Saucer water coaster (Thunder Rapids clone)

Medusa42    26

Not sure I buy into that rumor because RMC doesn't normally use green paint to mark rides and green paint is used for marking drainage or sewer lines.

dougdrummer    49

Not sure I buy into that rumor because RMC doesn't normally use green paint to mark rides and green paint is used for marking drainage or sewer lines.

yup, along with blue for water mains and yellow for electric lines

Pineracer    3

Great Adventure- Huss Discovery themed to Two-Face or Poison Ivy, relocate Sawhbuckler right next to JL with Wonder Woman theme, Water Park in 2019

Great America- remove V2 and Yankee Clipper, Ok a Power Splash [first in the US]

New England- Justice League (clone of Magic Mountain's) where Kryptonite is

Great Escape- Kryptonite

Over Gerogia- clone of Full Throttle where Mindbender is themed to the Joker (close Gerogia Cyclone for RMC in 2019), White Water projects

Over Texas- Power Splash [First in US]

St. Louis- 4D coaster

La Ronde- Free Spin or V2 (not where Cobra is), remove Cobra

Mexico- Scarcrow (Zamperla Air Race) [first in Latin America, that's a record]

Discovery Kingdom- Justice League and Waterworld projects

Fiesta Texas- a ride that's at Canada's Wonderland that's not in the US yet [first in the US, that's a record]

Magic Mountain- Two-Face (Discovery) and Scarecrow (Air Race)

America- Scarecrow, Close Roar for RMC in 2019

Medusa42    26

Sorry for the double post.

http://skylineattractions.com/?p=press&i=20170706-skyline-attractions-sells-first-skywarp

Skyline Attractions Sells First Skywarp
Scheduled to be Open 2018

1 July 2017

Orlando, FL, USA - Skyline Attractions has altered the landscape of thrill rides with its latest scream maker- Skywarp. As part of the company's third anniversary, Skyline is excited to announce the sale of their first of many Skywarps, which will make its public debut in the summer of 2018. This exciting experience offers 32 passengers a unique journey as they board the competing ride vehicles. The train begins rocking back and forth, building up to full speed before completing several thrilling forward and reverse rotations through the twin Immelmann inversions.

The unique concept was first shown to the world at the 2016 IAAPA Attractions Expo in Orlando, Florida. This annual event is the world's largest showcase of rides and Skywarp was one of the most unique concepts displayed. This innovative attraction combines the speed, inversions, and capacity of a big coaster with a fraction of the necessary investment needed. The clever design of Skywarp allows it to deliver the thrills a modern rider expects, with the reliability, ease of maintenance, and ultra-compact footprint that fits in nearly any park.

"Skywarp has everything that operators of all sizes desire: Big impact, big thrills, big visibility, and big capacity with a small footprint and a small price," said Evan Souliere, founding partner of Skyline Attractions.

The small 120 foot by 30 foot footprint allows for the placement of the attraction in nearly any location, and topping out at 62 feet in height it can even fit in many indoor locations.

"The flexibility of Skywarp, combined with the excitement it delivers to guests, makes it a great addition to any park. We are thrilled to be placing the first of what we believe will be many Skywarp attractions," commented Chris Gray, Vice President at Skyline Attractions. "Stop by and see us at booth 5808 at the 2017 IAAPA Attractions Expo as we unveil where the first Skywarp will be taking guests on a wild ride," he continued.

Ride Entertainment is the sales partner for Skyline Attractions.

Ride Stats
Height: 62 feet (19 meters)
Footprint: 120 feet X 30 feet (37m X 9m)
Track Length: 360 feet (110 m)
Instant Capacity: 32
Hourly Capacity: 800 pph

Medusa42    26

New Fiesta Texas clues, starting to sound like a ride relocation to another park.

Are you ready? #SFFT2018

19748676_10213914880930711_8405215877456

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10213914880930711&set=gm.1274545196006048&type=3&theater

Here we grow again... you will be thrilled! #SFFT2018

19554751_10213915100016188_5390309271979

19894665_10213915100096190_6326312373237

19702286_10213915100136191_4045212273916

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10213915100096190&set=pcb.1274562372670997&type=3&theater

Matt Kaiser    141

Just want to give the backstory behind this post. Jeffrey made a post the night before saying that he would post 3 more clues if the post got 300 likes. It reached the goal, then he announced the next day that he would post the next clue at 3:33pm. He then posted this 30 min countdown image at 3:03pm.

There's obviously a theme of 3's, but this post itself was more of a hype post than really providing any new clues.

If I didn't know better, I'd call this Sky Warp a vertical Alpen Blitz from the days of Swartzkopf! Edited by Daved Thomson

Mr.Six    33

Six Flags Great Adventure - Giant Discovery near Autobahn + Marci Gras

Six Flags Hurricane Harbor (NJ) - New "Bonzai Pipelines" next to Big Wave Racer

Six Flags Magic Mountain - New Light/Firework Show and record breaking Hurricane Harbor complex [Record Breaking Slide]

Six Flags Over Georgia - RMC I-Box Georgia Cyclone themed to Flash [First roller coaster themed to Flash in North America]

Six Flags America - S&S 4D Freefly

Six Flags Great America - Sky-Screamer (V2 gets dismantled) + Mardi Gras

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - S&S 4D Freespin

Six Flags New England - Justice League: Battle For Metropolis

Six Flags St. Louis - New S&S Ride concept [First of its kind in the world]

Six Flags Fiesta Texas - V2 gets rebuilt here

Six Flags Over Texas - Mack Power Splash [First of its kind in the world]

Six Flags Mexico - Zamperla Fire Bridage Kids Aqua Attraction [First of its kind in Latin America]

La Ronde - New Upcharge Attraction

Great Escape - Year round Haunted attraction

Medusa42    26

^Overall pretty good guesses, but it doesn't sound like Fiesta Texas will get a relocated ride.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2017/03/14/unprecedented-additions-planned-for-six-flags-sa.html

“What we have planned for this year and the next few years is unprecedented for the park,” Siebert told me during an exclusive interview. “The past 25 years have been great, but there is no doubt that we are absolutely going to wow our guests with what we have planned for the future.” As is typically the case in the theme park industry, Fiesta Texas officials won’t show their hand. But Siebert made it clear that Six Flags intends to use its San Antonio park to premiere new rides and technology over the next few years.

“In 2018, 2019, 2020 and beyond, with the rides and attractions ... you will see a pattern that we are introducing more world’s firsts and America’s firsts. You will see more technology being debuted at Fiesta Texas,” Siebert said.

Over Texas is planning to build out the rest of the old strip mall site over the next couple of years and a Mack Power Splash is about 200 ft too long unless they remove Batman.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/leisure/2016/09/01/arlington-six-flags-park-get-new-joker-coaster

The addition will mark a further expansion of the park's Gotham area and will move the theme park into the last several acres of undeveloped land Six Flags owns adjacent to the existing park. (The company also owns land offsite.)

The undeveloped area could host yet another coaster in the coming years, as the park looks to step up its appeal to teens and young adults. They now make up about a third of the guest count.

This year, the park launched a three-plus acre expansion to accommodate two new rides -- The Riddler Revenge and Catwoman Whip.

"We will continue to add to this general section of the [park] over the next few years," Martindale said.

Medusa42    26

Interview with Sally Corp CEO John Wood.

http://www.coaster101.com/2017/07/11/how-sally-corp-builds-top-end-dark-rides-to-regional-parks-with-john-wood-and-rich-hill/

C101: Are you able to tell me if there are any more Justice League rides coming for Six Flags, or any other projects for Sally coming up?

JW: I think that Six Flags is going to pause. I’m hoping it’s just a pause, but after three good hard years of rolling these out I think they’re going to step back and see how the results are. But, we’re very hopeful that there’s more in the future.

And which of these attractions at Fiesta Texas will be destroyed forever?

https://m.facebook.com/groups/339175786209665?view=permalink&id=1279660648827836&refid=18&_ft_=qid.6442086186936131874%3Amf_story_key.1279660648827836%3Atop_level_post_id.1279660648827836%3Atl_objid.1279660648827836&__tn__=%2As

Yoshi    96

My guess is the Top Spin, with how many other parks have been removing those rides from their parks recently.

Mr.Six    33

Well Georgia Cyclone is closing July 30th as stated on Fox5 Atlanta. I would think this would mean RMC Iron Horse.

Medusa42    26

I am starting to think the GCI 2018 blueprint that was quickly removed from the Texas Thrill Seekers Facebook group was real. It showed a GCI wood coaster on the quarry wall at Fiesta Texas and was in the space currently occupied by Power Surge and Pandemonium.

Fiesta Texas just announced on their Facebook page that Power Surge is closing forever on July 23rd, 2017. Perhaps Pandemonium is relocating to Great Escape.

Matt Kaiser    141

I am starting to think the GCI 2018 blueprint that was quickly removed from the Texas Thrill Seekers Facebook group was real. It showed a GCI wood coaster on the quarry wall at Fiesta Texas and was in the space currently occupied by Power Surge and Pandemonium.

I think they weren't real engineering blue prints/renderings. The angles weren't correct. Whether that coaster is real or not, I think those images were made to start a rumor.

Medusa42    26

The new ride announcement video should be better this year.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170718005829/en/Reid-Anderson-Named-Chairman-President-CEO-Flags

Six Flags Entertainment Corporation today announced its board of directors has appointed Jim Reid-Anderson, who has been serving as Executive Chairman of the company since February 2016, as the company's new Chairman, President and CEO effective immediately, replacing John M. Duffey who has retired from the company. Reid-Anderson formerly served as Chairman, President and CEO of Six Flags from August 2010 through February 2016. Under his leadership the company set a new strategic direction, achieved all-time high guest and employee satisfaction ratings and significant operational improvements, and drove a ten times return on investment for shareholders