• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

29yrswithaGApass

Photo Trip Report: July 27th, 2017 - Summertime Fun!

I've been meaning to ask why they roped off the lake shore area, especially with the tall wooden framework in several locations? They look like gates of some sort.

My wishful thinking: Hinting at Superman leaving?

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's....

2017_07_27_IMG_4845%20copy.jpg

Hmmm... Where did he go?

2017_07_27_IMG_4917%20copy.jpg

I've been meaning to ask why they roped off the lake shore area, especially with the tall wooden framework in several locations? They look like gates of some sort.

They use to have a picket fence around the area (to let the grass grow and keep guests away from the water) but that created issues during the fireworks with people fenced in. They have now opted to put chains up which can be removed during the fireworks.

2016_07_09_IMG_0978%20copy.jpg

From what I can see from your photos, the park is certainly looking improved. The Metropolis area looks good. I like the new Music Hall Hall facade (although a regularly used facility would be nice) and I think the wide open area of cement could have benefited from some trees. The bridge to the area immediately brings images of the Great America parks to mind. I think the area around the lake is also looking very nice and appreciate the use of the themed photo booths in both Frontier Adventure and Lakeside near the Bucaneer. I think it going without saying that the Congo Rapids advertising is a bit overpowering, but at least it doesn't come off as totally cheesy. Landscaping that I could see looks nice, especially the area near El Toro that seems to really pop. Hopefully I'll be able to see it all sometime in late August.

How much were the Batman experience videos?

How much were the Batman experience videos?

I didn't take a picture of the sign but zooming in on the shot from the trip report it looks like $9.99.

gallery_2_35_117275.jpg

That is a great price, Talon's on ride videos were around $24.99 and that was 10 years ago.

Excellent pictures as always, it is nice to see the new sign at Swashbuckler.

Unless their 2018 addition involves removing the Batman theater (Autobahn is more likely), I don't see the Showcase being used anytime soon.

It is a shame people have to be so destructive. It was similar in Chillers queue where people scratch the signs and pulled off the fake brick panels.