Sign in to follow this  
SatansHockey

Hershey Park 2018 new rides

12 minutes ago, Matt Kaiser said:

Waiting for the platform to clear usually isn't the case--only if guests are blocking the air gates. (So tip: if you want to re-ride in a different row, don't walk along the air-gate side of the train)

Six Flags doesn't have any formal policy on re-rides and so it's not formally covered in any employee training. It's just something that new employees learn on the job or is passed down from the supervisor if a new operator/attendant questions a re-rider. It's just a common sense thing that employees pick up on, which is why your mileage may vary. Every ride/crew/supervisor could be different. If the crew doesn't let you re-ride, it's simply because the operator/supervisor was never taught or never picked up about re-rides and made their own judgement call that they're probably not allowed.

As for the last train of the night, I believe there's again no formally trained policy, but the employees want to go home so they make everyone in the station fill up the entire train so they can close quicker.

I never walk on the air gate side of the platform because the gates block the rest of the platform.

One time a newer employee on El Toro did question me about re rides and the supervisor told me to stay on since my row had a single rider. Even though Great Adventure has no policy regarding re rides, Six Flags New England does have policies preventing re rides and operators there will ask you to get back in line if caught.

I remember several times at Nitro they didn't allow rerides, even with an empty station. The op would annnounce over the speaker every time a train pulled in that its SF policy for no rerides, no rerides, no rerides. It was often a short hair woman and every time she was the op on Nitro, no rerides. 

Dark Knight is pretty good about rerides if there is no line. 

13 hours ago, The Master said:

I remember several times at Nitro they didn't allow rerides, even with an empty station. The op would annnounce over the speaker every time a train pulled in that its SF policy for no rerides, no rerides, no rerides. It was often a short hair woman and every time she was the op on Nitro, no rerides. 

Dark Knight is pretty good about rerides if there is no line. 

I never seen anyone on Nitro say no re rides in the past season or two. Is that ride op a supervisor? As Matt said above, if someone says no re rides, then they probably weren't taught about allowing re rides by their supervisor and decided to make their own call.

No idea if she was a supervisor, but she sat in the control booth and used the loudspeaker. I didn't see her this season. But when she ran Nitro, she would not allow rerides. 

Going by past additions, I hope it will be something great. Maybe a RMC wood or hybrid coaster?

Breaker's Edge supposedly doesn't allow single riders. Very disappointing when a couple of months ago Hershey had said single riders were allowed. I had just expected when you got to the loading area they would let you ride with a group of 2 or another single rider.

I thought maybe it was for capacity reasons with them not wanting to take extra time to group people together in the station but that doesn't seem like an issue with the similar type rides at Volcano Bay and Holiday World. Holiday World even has a single rider line for their water coaster.

Maybe safety concerns or PA mandate? They had to stop single riders on the Ferris Wheel due to changes in PA law. Society tends to not to be friendly to single people. Either way it stinks.

Edited by The Master