harry2004

2019 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

but if they get a rmc raptor or rmc trex

they could put it in golden kingdom in where rolling thunder used to be, and maybe they move the safari enterance from frontier adventures to the half of rolling thunder lot, and they could put a flat ride in where the current turn around for safari is and rebuild the wagon next to it

6 hours ago, MitchCaltabiano said:

I honestly don’t know when you’re going to come to the conclusion that an RMC Raptor just isn’t happening. For the past year now you’ve been shunning EVERY rumor that isn’t an RMC. There is a 99.9% chance that the park gets a Giant Discovery and the evidence for that is in this very thread right here. Just read closely. Also, I had the opportunity to try out Magic Mountain’s Giant Discovery and it was awesome! I’d be so thrilled to have one as it would be a ride I’d come on every single trip and it would look amazing in the skyline at Great Adventure. It would easily be the best flat at the park. An RMC Raptor is not happening, maybe in 2020, but it’s still way to early to speculate. Just trying to give you a little heads up that you’ve been saying the same post over and over and over again for over a year now and that the park isn’t always gonna add a coaster every single year. 

^ Look, I'm gonna listen, but we have ever not hear not confirmed that we will not getting a Giant Discovery. It will probably be surprise for us because it's 45th anniversary of Six Flags Great Adventure next year. Whatever it's going to be a new coaster or another flat ride or not.

Whatever Great Adventure gets is going where Freefall used to be. We were in the park last Friday and the surveyor was taking elevation shots in that area and he told us that is where the new ride was going. Its a pretty decent sized area around 4 acres. I would put my money on a Giant Discovery, it would be a good fit and would look good swinging out over that whole paved area. Second maybe a Skywarp  or even an S&S Screamin' Swing. Third by a long shot would be a coaster, either a Raptor or Chance (since track was spotted heading this way, but probably going to the port for shipping). 

On another note: It would be nice if Six Flags played the national anthem each morning to open the park like the Cedar Fair parks do, just sayin'.....

20 minutes ago, coliwood_studios said:

Whatever Great Adventure gets is going where Freefall used to be. We were in the park last Friday and the surveyor was taking elevation shots in that area and he told us that is where the new ride was going. Its a pretty decent sized area around 4 acres. I would put my money on a Giant Discovery, it would be a good fit and would look good swinging out over that whole paved area. Second maybe a Skywarp  or even an S&S Screamin' Swing. Third by a long shot would be a coaster, either a Raptor or Chance (since track was spotted heading this way, but probably going to the port for shipping). 

On another note: It would be nice if Six Flags played the national anthem each morning to open the park like the Cedar Fair parks do, just sayin'.....

We're probably going to get a coaster this year, most likely a Raptor. Some rumors about the Chance Morgan track is that it's going to Rye Playland but it's not confirmed.

Also I agree that Six Flags should play the National Anthem at opening. Only went to the park at opening once which was for a class trip and they do nothing during opening. All they do is open the gates and let you go to where you want.

According to my calculations, which may be wrong but I did double check. Given the dimensions for a regular Giant Discovery 40 on Zamperla's website, a regular Giant Discovery takes up 10,004 square feet. Which is about .229 of an acre. I don't know if Zamperla included the queue line or any other pathways within the dimensions. Or even the furthest point at which the pendulum will swing to the side. But my point is, If it is a Giant Discovery, it must be a huge one to take up 4 acres.

I could not find the dimensions of Wonder Woman Golden Lasso coaster or Railblazer so I went to Google Earth and VERY roughly measured out the area for Wonder Woman at Fiesta Texas, and it came to about 5 acres. Plus there is too much land clearing to be done in too little time to put a Raptor Track coaster there.

I also roughly measured out the S&S Screamin' Swing, Thunder n' Lightning, at Lake Compounce, and it came out to just barely above half an acre.

I lastly VERY roughly measured the spot for which Harley Quinn at Discovery Kingdom sits on, and the land area came out to about 14,926 square feet. Or about .342 acres.

So, it is either going to be a very big addition, but smaller than a Raptor, or the addition could be a new area. I do fully doubt it would be a smaller Raptor. All given if 4 acres is accurate. I can say that I am stumped at what it could be now. I was sold on Giant Discovery. Unless it is a Giant Discovery with a few other rides or a new area. Either way, we just have to look out for shipments or just wait till the announcement. 

Edited by Squidy2201

1 hour ago, Squidy2201 said:

According to my calculations, which may be wrong but I did double check. Given the dimensions for a regular Giant Discovery 40 on Zamperla's website, a regular Giant Discovery takes up 10,004 square feet. Which is about .229 of an acre. I don't know if Zamperla included the queue line or any other pathways within the dimensions. Or even the furthest point at which the pendulum will swing to the side. But my point is, If it is a Giant Discovery, it must be a huge one to take up 4 acres.

I could not find the dimensions of Wonder Woman Golden Lasso coaster or Railblazer so I went to Google Earth and VERY roughly measured out the area for Wonder Woman at Fiesta Texas, and it came to about 5 acres. Plus there is too much land clearing to be done in too little time to put a Raptor Track coaster there.

I also roughly measured out the S&S Screamin' Swing, Thunder n' Lightning, at Lake Compounce, and it came out to just barely above half an acre.

I lastly VERY roughly measured the spot for which Harley Quinn at Discovery Kingdom sits on, and the land area came out to about 14,926 square feet. Or about .342 acres.

So, it is either going to be a very big addition, but smaller than a Raptor, or the addition could be a new area. I do fully doubt it would be a smaller Raptor. All given if 4 acres is accurate. I can say that I am stumped at what it could be now. I was sold on Giant Discovery. Unless it is a Giant Discovery with a few other rides or a new area. Either way, we just have to look out for shipments or just wait till the announcement. 

The plot of land a RMC Raptor takes up is roughly the size of a Vekoma Boomerang. It wouldn't take long to clear land of that size, and the actual installation of a Raptor is very, very quick.

With that said, I still would put my money on another flat or Skywarp. It looks like SFMM and SFGAm are the leading candidates for new coasters, and SF hasn't been adding much more than that the past few years. I hope I am wrong as the only coasters we've added the last 9 years have been a relocated standup and 4D clone, while removing GASM and RT in the process. We are due for a new, quality coaster.

Rumor I heard is SFGAm is getting an S&S coaster (clone of the one that Kennywood is getting), and that SFMM is getting one too. Could we see three of them? 

17 minutes ago, GAcoaster said:

Rumor I heard is SFGAm is getting an S&S coaster (clone of the one that Kennywood is getting), and that SFMM is getting one too. Could we see three of them? 

If SFGAm gets S&S coaster and SFMM is getting a new coaster, my bet is SFGadv might getting a coaster (aka RMC Raptor/T-Rex) too!

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

3 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

If SFGAm gets S&S coaster and SFMM is getting a new coaster, my bet is SFGadv might getting a coaster (aka RMC Raptor/T-Rex) too!

Dude, why are you so obsessed with the idea that we’re getting a coaster?

I’ve been lurking in this thread for a long time, and literally every single one of your posts here is just calling for a coaster, even though we’ve had literally no credible rumors or support of that claim. 

• Like 1

We have had the new for 2019 Raptor/T-Rex/roller coaster discussion before in this thread. It seems that a little more than half or even more do not think a roller coaster is coming. Me included. There is nothing new to be said unless something major changes at the park or the US Import Data shows a ride company importing to the park. Time to move on.

We have some of the biggest coasters at GA so it would really take a substantial roller coaster to be as truly impressive as to fit the description below.  On the other hand, we don't have many exceptionally sized flat rides.

2019.jpg

Im definitely leaning on the side of an actual new type attraction for next year. If you pay attention to a regular Giant Discovery, you can see the supports shaking. Normal for a ride like that but I was standing at a distance and still noticed. It makes me question if a Discovery can be scaled any higher than CraZanity. But I wouldn't be surprised if their version of big is an attraction the size of a Skywarp

41 minutes ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

We have some of the biggest coasters at GA so it would really take a substantial roller coaster to be as truly impressive as to fit the description below.  On the other hand, we don't have many exceptionally sized flat rides.

2019.jpg

Another “hint” that it’s a flat ride. Still thinking that it’s just a “really big” giant discovery. But honestly it could be anything, we haven’t had much teasers to what it could be at all. Anyway, I tend to take these emails with a grain of salt ever since Six Flags literally trolled everyone by calling Cyborg a world’s first literally because it’s the world’s first Cyborg themed attraction. 

7 hours ago, MitchCaltabiano said:

Another “hint” that it’s a flat ride. Still thinking that it’s just a “really big” giant discovery. But honestly it could be anything, we haven’t had much teasers to what it could be at all. Anyway, I tend to take these emails with a grain of salt ever since Six Flags literally trolled everyone by calling Cyborg a world’s first literally because it’s the world’s first Cyborg themed attraction. 

^ I guess this is a big mystery. Whatever it's going to be a flat ride but larger version of RMC Raptor or RMC T-Rex would be big surprise!

But guys we just got a new flat ride this year. We don't need another flat ride next year, this is could be big one than another new flat ride, like a new coaster (RMC T-Rex/Raptor) would be awesome!

Edited by Six Flags FUN!