• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

harry2004

2019 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

On September 19, 2017 at 10:24 AM, Lemur said:

I think it's a Return on Investment situation. SF has to make the decision based on where their revenue stream is coming from.  Is it coming from passholders who will come to the park on crowded days to go to the shows?  Or is it coming from the day-trippers who are coming to spend the money single day admission and a Flash pass to go to the front of the line on the coasters?  From that perspective, the emphasis on bigger and faster rides provides a better ROI.  They're better off investing their show budget into things like Dead Man's Party and other special event shows.  

Yes great points Lemur. Understood.  No doubt the investments are spread out and I have absolutely NOOO issue with that being dedicated to major thrill attractions. I personally pine for the coaster war days but as well all know those days are beyond us. What I suppose I'd like to see is less turnover. I know that is vague and I guess that comes with constant changing of SF ownership.  I understand things change and some attractions come and go but hearing things like Medusa/Bizzaro is on the speculative chopping block due to it's location and lower attendance has got me really freaked. If anything I would say Green Lantern should take the hike as it may be the only B&M I've ridden that has the potential to be painful especially to the knees and lower legs if not affixed properly.  I must say though, that I was previously rather harsh on the matter of the park and, upon returning to the park several times over the course of the last month, I've really noted so much of it's appeal and several unique attractions.  While I can't stand the uncharges especially for haunted mazes I have to say I was completely BLOWN AWAY by UNLEASHED in the Showcase Theater.  I might just pay admission just to see that show! Post a little all over and not to the point I do apologize.

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 3:28 PM, dougdrummer said:

The Showcase could get innovative and hold talent-type contests, if they don't want to pay for professional entertainers.  We were there one day this summer and we heard music coming from the theater.  It was hot outside, so I convinced my wife to go inside and see what was going on.  They were having some type of cheer-type dance contest, and there were teams from all over the tri-state region.  Although cheerleading is not really my thing, it was still mildly entertaining to watch the kids for about 45 minutes.  I never saw the contest advertised, even in the park.  There were a few hundred spectators in the theater - mostly relatives of the participants.  I'm sure these people spent money while there.  All it cost SF was air conditioning, electric and a few staff to run the lights and sound.

Imagine if they did some variant of America's Got Talent or the X Factor?  They could advertise the heck out of it, and attract people from all over.  Especially if they were to use some local celebrities as judges.  I think the return on investment would be significant.

The types of events they could hold at Showcase are pretty vast.  I'm not sure why they don't hold concerts in there for local bands or bands that are up and coming, and can't fill a larger or outdoor theater yet.

I think doing something along these lines can give Great Adv. and SF in general  a "shot in the arm".

The cheerleading event I think would be a no-brainer:the park has a "special event" that weekend at a bare minimum of expense.I mean-who doesn't like cheerleaders?

Maybe for Holiday In The Park Great Adv.  could have some sort of "gospel sing-off" where local choirs compete for either donations to their charity or free season passes.

Also I think it was Disney/MGM that had an American Idol LIVE! show for a few years-basically ANY local person or tourist who had the nerve to get onstage could perform,and supposedly a few were actually good or at least interesting to watch.

I think that these "thinking outside the box" events might be good for Great Adv./SF -especially in "off seasons" like late spring or September before Fright Fest.

On 10/29/2017 at 1:13 AM, ericthewanderer said:

I think doing something along these lines can give Great Adv. and SF in general  a "shot in the arm".

The cheerleading event I think would be a no-brainer:the park has a "special event" that weekend at a bare minimum of expense.I mean-who doesn't like cheerleaders?

Maybe for Holiday In The Park Great Adv.  could have some sort of "gospel sing-off" where local choirs compete for either donations to their charity or free season passes.

Also I think it was Disney/MGM that had an American Idol LIVE! show for a few years-basically ANY local person or tourist who had the nerve to get onstage could perform,and supposedly a few were actually good or at least interesting to watch.

I think that these "thinking outside the box" events might be good for Great Adv./SF -especially in "off seasons" like late spring or September before Fright Fest.

They already do those thing - https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/special-events?qt-events=1#qt-events 

Click on the "Special Group and Education Events" tab. 

Unleashed was excellent!

My daughter's company will be setting up tents for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.  She'll be there this Wednesday.  The tents will be erected in the HH parking lot.

Edited by dougdrummer

If Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster is success at SFFT next year, could possibility our park will getting RMC Raptor or T-rex coaster in 2019 or 2020? My bet is RMC Raptor or T-rex for 2019.

It's possible, if they like either (or both) designs they can roll them out across multiple parks a la The Joker.

This is interesting if it’s true.

http://coasterforce.com/iaapa-2017-round-up/

The final train reveal at the show was for another Six Flags coaster – Harley Quinn’s Crazy Coaster due to open at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom early next year. The manufacturer of the ride, Skyline Attractions, unveiled the Skywarp coaster concept at IAAPA 2016 and, aside from the one pictured above, they have sold another to Six Flags Great Adventure.

If it ends up being the 2019 addition, it would be 4 out of the last 5 additions that go upside down. 

Im hoping that it is a tie in for 2018 with Cyborg if it’s real.  I feel like 2 thrill rides in 2 different years (2018 and 2019) can really hurt the park.  Together they won’t (Just 2018).

On 11/17/2017 at 10:15 PM, Six Flags FUN! said:

^ Or they will announced it next year that Skywarp will be addition with Cyborg Cyber Spin for next year.

They'd have to go to Jackson now (as in like tomorrow) for approval so they can start machining the parts and laying the foundations.  Which, they very well may have in the works.  It looks like it requires a relatively small footprint and wouldn't require anything extraordinary like an environmental impact study.  Heh.  Who knows?  Looks like fun. 

Edited by Lemur

A Skywarp Eclipse would be a nice way to finish off the build out of Old Country or the Lakefront.  I remember Jim Reid-Anderson saying on a conference call that the one thing he wanted to change when he came back as CEO is to increase the speed that Six Flags executes their strategy.

Here is an image with two potential locations of a Skywarp Eclipse at approximate scale.

M8O9Jpu.png