• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   10/07/2017

harry2004

2019 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

On September 19, 2017 at 10:24 AM, Lemur said:

I think it's a Return on Investment situation. SF has to make the decision based on where their revenue stream is coming from.  Is it coming from passholders who will come to the park on crowded days to go to the shows?  Or is it coming from the day-trippers who are coming to spend the money single day admission and a Flash pass to go to the front of the line on the coasters?  From that perspective, the emphasis on bigger and faster rides provides a better ROI.  They're better off investing their show budget into things like Dead Man's Party and other special event shows.  

Yes great points Lemur. Understood.  No doubt the investments are spread out and I have absolutely NOOO issue with that being dedicated to major thrill attractions. I personally pine for the coaster war days but as well all know those days are beyond us. What I suppose I'd like to see is less turnover. I know that is vague and I guess that comes with constant changing of SF ownership.  I understand things change and some attractions come and go but hearing things like Medusa/Bizzaro is on the speculative chopping block due to it's location and lower attendance has got me really freaked. If anything I would say Green Lantern should take the hike as it may be the only B&M I've ridden that has the potential to be painful especially to the knees and lower legs if not affixed properly.  I must say though, that I was previously rather harsh on the matter of the park and, upon returning to the park several times over the course of the last month, I've really noted so much of it's appeal and several unique attractions.  While I can't stand the uncharges especially for haunted mazes I have to say I was completely BLOWN AWAY by UNLEASHED in the Showcase Theater.  I might just pay admission just to see that show! Post a little all over and not to the point I do apologize.