harry2004

2019 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

I think Great Adventure is getting a T-rex and a water park expansion.  I don't say a raptor because they're meant for smaller parks, and Great Adventure certainly isn't that.  

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:31 AM, Pineracer said:

Does anyone else think they'll shorten El Toro like Boss?

I hope not, but either way I doubt they would.  El Toro is too good of a ride for them to mess with like that.  The most they'll do is retrack the rougher sections.

On 5/15/2018 at 2:47 PM, Squidy2201 said:

Believe it if you want. I'm not. I am just going to keep the idea of a Riddler themed RMC in my head but Lakefront doesn't have enough room. Its really not the biggest spot. Unless they go over the water. There is just more dry land by justice league and over by the recently opened abandoned path. 

Don't forget that anybody can write what they want on wikipedia.

They could remove Joker, it doesn't even work lol

Does anyone know what's going on in the blue tent? Looks like they're finally putting something new in it now that the old arcade is out.  The best thing they can do in this area is reopen the original midway path from the tents to the carousel which would bring more foot traffic into that area making those two tents viable money makers again.

As for the next coaster, I believe it will be the first T-Rex (the raptors just don't have enough capacity for us), but the only place I can see it going is between El Toro and Ka where the insanely long path to Zumanjaro is.  They can use all the space from the former footprint of Rolling Thunder going back to the old section of the safari that doesn't seem to be used anymore. If they're putting it in the area of Splash Water Oasis and Bloodshed , it would have to be extremely small and compact unless they plan on building over that part of El Toro. And please for the love of all that is good, I hope it's not called The Riddler 🙄

I bet next year is going to be RMC T-Rex coaster at SFGadv. My guess they will put where Picnic area or former Musik Express near by Justice League. I guess we might gonna hear RMC T-Rex rumors sometime this year.

21 hours ago, coliwood_studios said:

I don't say a raptor because they're meant for smaller parks, and Great Adventure certainly isn't that.  

That isn’t true, the RMC Raptor was designed for small parks and big parks according to the video linked below.

https://vimeo.com/155035864

I feel like Raptors are a just fine fit for the park.  Considering Wonder Woman has 24 riders per 3 train cycle and a gerslauyer Coaster only has 16 riders per a 2 Train cycle I’m sure we would be fine as long as dispatches are fast if we were to get a raptor coaster.

I wonder we will get new ride next year? RMC T-Rex or Raptor would be big surprise to be addition for the park.

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

Here’s a rendering of a possible spot for a T-Rex/Big Raptor I made that fits where Rolling Thunder used to roar.  It fits perfectly in that spot.  I’d definitely rather see a Coaster than a flat package over there.

71F17E0D-2AC3-471A-86A5-C7279AE26E34.jpeg

I’m insterested to see if everyone agrees with me that it’ll be a RMC T-Rex or Raptor in 2019 or 2020.

21 hours ago, coliwood_studios said:

You also have to bring into consideration Plaza Del Carnival and the Golden Kingdom which aren’t present in this recreation.  It’s not really a perfect fit if you account for everything in my opinion.

22 hours ago, coliwood_studios said:

Here’s a rendering of a possible spot for a T-Rex/Big Raptor I made that fits where Rolling Thunder used to roar.  It fits perfectly in that spot.  I’d definitely rather see a Coaster than a flat package over there.

I’m insterested to see if everyone agrees with me that it’ll be a RMC T-Rex or Raptor in 2019 or 2020.

Where would the entrance be? There isn't really any space for that since El Diablo took the spot of Rolling Thunder's entrance. While the track may fit there, the queue and entrance don't seem to have a place to go

^ It could be done although it would be rather remote.  I am not sure why they would want it that far off the beaten path.  The current entrance and exit to Zumanjaro would need to turn into general pathways with the entrance to Zu moved closer to that ride's queue house. 

I wonder if one of Rocky Mountain Construction workers were at the park for RMC T-Rex or Raptor tease for SFGadv in a few months to look for new coaster's spot over former Freefall spot or near by Justice League dark ride for 2019? If it was RMC T-Rex is coming to the park in next year, who knows?

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

Nice job on the rendering!  Well done!

Do we not think that a 2019 debut might be a bit optimistic?  The site has to be identified, designs need to be created, as does an engineering study, permits need to be obtained, the coaster needs to be manufactured, and then it needs to be installed.  With that said, I really do not know how far in advance they plan capital projects. Maybe some of this has already been completed.

On 5/21/2018 at 11:50 AM, APeX3181 said:

Does anyone know what's going on in the blue tent? Looks like they're finally putting something new in it now that the old arcade is out.  The best thing they can do in this area is reopen the original midway path from the tents to the carousel which would bring more foot traffic into that area making those two tents viable money makers again.

As for the next coaster, I believe it will be the first T-Rex (the raptors just don't have enough capacity for us), but the only place I can see it going is between El Toro and Ka where the insanely long path to Zumanjaro is.  They can use all the space from the former footprint of Rolling Thunder going back to the old section of the safari that doesn't seem to be used anymore. If they're putting it in the area of Splash Water Oasis and Bloodshed , it would have to be extremely small and compact unless they plan on building over that part of El Toro. And please for the love of all that is good, I hope it's not called The Riddler 🙄

I 100% agree with it being in the footprint of Roller Thunder, and Six Flags has just sent out some surveys for a new name and I couldn't help but noticed that they mentioned that exact space.

52 minutes ago, Chrislovescoasters said:

I 100% agree with it being in the footprint of Roller Thunder, and Six Flags has just sent out some surveys for a new name and I couldn't help but noticed that they mentioned that exact space.

When did they mention that space?

The same survey is for all of Six Flags, not just Great Adventure, and it covers a wide variety of topics and audiences. You can't conclude much by focusing on that one aspect.

2 hours ago, Chrislovescoasters said:

Sorry I meant that they mentioned it being catered towards teenager. This leads me to believe it will truly be something big this year.

^ Something big might be RMC T-Rex because it was gonna be big one.

I'm surprise we haven't got a RMC in the park yet.... Is this possible we will ever get RMC in SFGadv in next year or 2020? I bet there will be a dueling RMC T-Rex coming to the park in next year maybe....

Anyways I found this:

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

Looks like we're getting closer to Six Flags 2019 Theme Parks News on two more months, I bet we are getting a new coaster next year like RMC T-Rex or Raptor! Any more new hints about new coaster in next months?

That fence has been up since they opened the path again. which its been at least a month at this point. My guess is they are gonna do some construction around the path to get it to look less abandoned. but at the very least, those walls are to hide the old concrete pads from Balins and to hide the old rotting building.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Squidy2201 said:

That fence has been up since they opened the path again. which its been at least a month at this point. My guess is they are gonna do some construction around the path to get it to look less abandoned. but at the very least, those walls are to hide the old concrete pads from Balins and to hide the old rotting building.

thanks for the heads up there.  saw that earlier today on another site and was curious.