harry2004

2019 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Cell Block 6 will be returning for Fright Fest 2018 in Freefall’s spot.  This would mean you couldn’t start even the basic construction until after Halloween.  Bloodshed won’t be returning to the park which sits on a lot of land in the Golden Kingdom.  Maybe that space could possibly house the 2019 addition.

1 hour ago, Mr.Six said:

Cell Block 6 will be returning for Fright Fest 2018 in Freefall’s spot.  This would mean you couldn’t start even the basic construction until after Halloween.  Bloodshed won’t be returning to the park which sits on a lot of land in the Golden Kingdom.  Maybe that space could possibly house the 2019 addition.

Cell Block 6 is listed as being in Golden Kingdom now.  It was already removed from the Freefall location.

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/attractions/cell-block-6-new-2016

5 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

As we know, the rumors might be we are might not getting a Giant Discovery afterall. The new 2019 addition could be anything but no Giant Discovery.

My bet the RMC Raptor rumors might be true or not. There could be any 2019 addition will be surprise for us.

A raptor would be a horrible idea. We get crazy attendance, with an awful throughput as the Raptors have, you'd be looking at 2+ hour lines at least on busy days. Again, if we were to see a coaster next year, there would be more construction. Think about it, Magic Mountain and Great America, two parks that are extremely likely to get some form of coaster next year, already have land cleared and there are markers already on site. Even if a Raptor were coming, the land would be cleared, markers will have shown up, and we would have a clear understanding of where the ride is going. Six Flags Great Adventure has added nothing but LARGE throughput rides in the last decade.

Cyborg: large throughput

Justice League: large throughput

Joker: Good throughput

El Diablo: Pretty good throughput

Zumanjaro: large throughput

Sky Screamer: large throughput

The list goes on and on; a raptor coaster would disrupt the flow of guests throughout the rides. At best, you would be getting less than 500 riders per hour. If anything, a TREX is most likely for the park because it is a larger model. A giant discovery can fit up to 40 people in one cycle alone, equivalent five trains filled on an RMC Raptor. I think our next additions will go a little something like this:

2019: World's Tallest Zamperla Giant Discovery (DC theme, maybe WW or new character)

2020: Capsule Slide Complex (Dive Bomber) /Family Rides

2021-2023: More Thrilling Flats, perhaps a smaller family coaster

2024: 50th Anniversary, RMC TREX in the former spot of Green Lantern called Titan

I think a larger raptor (the TREX) is slated for the park in the future, but not next year. For me, there isn't enough evidence for me to hop on that boat.

1 hour ago, Medusa42 said:

Cell Block 6 is listed as being in Golden Kingdom now.  It was already removed from the Freefall location.

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/attractions/cell-block-6-new-2016

There it is guys! The future site of our 2019 thrill ride!

OH I GIVE UP ALREADY, A GIANT DISCOVERY IT IS FOR 2019!

So RMC T-Rex is very likely coming to the park in 2020 instead guys? That's RMC is start making them by time in 2020....

Or they can have to wait to clear area by Justice League and Cyborg or area in Golden Kingdom in early November for RMC Raptor/Giant Discovery thing.

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

I think it would be cool to have a Giant Discovery themed to The Penguin. The theme would be very easy to do to. Have a queue line that looks like you are in a snowy tundra. Maybe even have one of those "snow machines" that just spray out little tiny bubbles that look like snow and blast the line with air conditioning. The colors could be white and blue or white and purple. Repave the area in front of the stadium and have the surrounding buildings look like they are in the snow that really sells the feeling of being in the cold.

or the penguin theme could also work better on a twist and splash or splash battle

3 hours ago, Ben C said:

2019: World's Tallest Zamperla Giant Discovery (DC theme, maybe WW or new character)

2020: Capsule Slide Complex (Dive Bomber) /Family Rides

2021-2023: More Thrilling Flats, perhaps a smaller family coaster

2024: 50th Anniversary, RMC TREX in the former spot of Green Lantern called Titan

There it is guys! The future site of our 2019 thrill ride!

I doubt we'll have to wait that long for a coaster. Six Flags doesn't care enough about anniversaries.

6 hours ago, Squidy2201 said:

I think it would be cool to have a Giant Discovery themed to The Penguin. The theme would be very easy to do to. Have a queue line that looks like you are in a snowy tundra. Maybe even have one of those "snow machines" that just spray out little tiny bubbles that look like snow and blast the line with air conditioning. The colors could be white and blue or white and purple. Repave the area in front of the stadium and have the surrounding buildings look like they are in the snow that really sells the feeling of being in the cold.

At that point, I would love to see them theme it to Mr. Freeze, that would be a cool Giant Discovery!

6 hours ago, Tower said:

I doubt we'll have to wait that long for a coaster. Six Flags doesn't care enough about anniversaries.

Yeah, maybe not. I just figured we'd added thrilling attractions a lot, then again Cyborg and Justice League are family rides so (Cyborg is so boring)...Either 2020 or 2021 would be a better fit.

how about this one like in warner bros movie world spain:
hqdefault.jpg

its theme to mr freeze and it could fit in gotham city area

3 hours ago, harry2004 said:

how about this one like in warner bros movie world spain:
hqdefault.jpg

its theme to mr freeze and it could fit in gotham city area

We already have one of those rides but it's on steroids (Sky Screamer) so adding it isn't necessary.

8 minutes ago, Tower said:

We already have one of those rides but it's on steroids (Sky Screamer) so adding it isn't necessary.

but some six flags parks have 2 swingers rides

I’m totally happy with a Giant Discovery but I’d rather it be for 2020 and the Coaster for 2019. I’m liking the flat ride additions but we got Cyborg this year and we’re just waiting for a new coaster. Now we’re gonna have to wait even longer. It’s been 12 years since an original coaster an it looks like it’ll be at least 14 till we see another one. 

Edited by CoasterNick

Say....I found this on SFGamworld forums..

If this picture shows RMC Raptor on SFGAM's page possibility RMC Raptor for 2019 at SFGAM, why SFGADV's page could possibility have RMC Raptor image tooso RMC Raptor is might be still happening for SFGADV in next year so we will have two RMC Raptors, SFGAM and SFGAM for 2019!

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

When Six Flags makes images like that that can be used for any park, they just pick a roller coaster that looks nice. They don't put one there like it is a teaser. I see Great Adventure advertisements all the time with I Box coasters and wing coasters on them all the time for years now. Do we have one? No

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Squidy2201 said:

When Six Flags makes images like that that can be used for any park, they just pick a roller coaster that looks nice. They don't put one there like it is a teaser. I see Great Adventure advertisements all the time with I Box coasters and wing coasters on them all the time for years now. Do we have one? No

Exactly, agreed.

His video showed no solid proof of a coaster coming. Granted, it doesnt show solid proof for a discovery either, but due to construction progress a discovery is more likely. His proof was there were markers and a crane. I'm pretty sure great adventure outright owns that crane. It's been parked next to metropolis for some time and it is heavy duty because I bet they would like to be able to use it on any of their rides. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Squidy2201 said:

His video showed no solid proof of a coaster coming. Granted, it doesnt show solid proof for a discovery either, but due to construction progress a discovery is more likely. His proof was there were markers and a crane. I'm pretty sure great adventure outright owns that crane. It's been parked next to metropolis for some time and it is heavy duty because I bet they would like to be able to use it on any of their rides. 

Well according to New Jersey Coasters comments on YouTube, he said they will NOT getting Giant Discovery or Skywarp. Only hope is RMC Raptor or ELSE!

13 minutes ago, Squidy2201 said:

New Jersey Coasters is just as clueless as we all are.

Me either. We still not have any proof about RMC Raptor or Giant Discovery yet. If RMC Raptor rumor is true, I'll be happy.

This park needs to add something big. SFs can’t expect rides like El Diablo, Cyborg and a giant discovery to draw the crowds in. The few times I’ve been to the park this year it’s been dead. Just walking on rides. I’d really like to see attendance numbers for the year El Diablo was the new attraction vs the year El Toro was. Or even the year Joker was. I’m pretty sure these flat rides don’t help attendance numbers. So, what would I like to see for 2019? Nothing... Bank what ever money they were going to put into a new flat ride and put it towards an insane coaster for next year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Well according to New Jersey Coasters comments on YouTube, he said they will NOT getting Giant Discovery or Skywarp. Only hope is RMC Raptor or ELSE!

I’ve met up with him a few times at the park.  He is as clueless as everyone else.  Your right, it might not be a giant discovery but a lot of clues point towards it.  At least we can be happy that something thrilling and exciting to coming to the park next year.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Njdevl9500 said:

This park needs to add something big. SFs can’t expect rides like El Diablo, Cyborg and a giant discovery to draw the crowds in. The few times I’ve been to the park this year it’s been dead. Just walking on rides. I’d really like to see attendance numbers for the year El Diablo was the new attraction vs the year El Toro was. Or even the year Joker was. I’m pretty sure these flat rides don’t help attendance numbers. So, what would I like to see for 2019? Nothing... Bank what ever money they were going to put into a new flat ride and put it towards an insane coaster for next year. 

That's not Six Flags MO by making a park get nothing. Like, SFNE was not supposed to get a Joker, but corporate was "Like you get Joker". 

This park definitely deserves a brand new and original coaster. After I would believe it would be in the parks best interest to improve the children areas. Looking from the parks position the kids have rides but the park appeals mostly to teens and adults. They should add new additions to appeal to children and families so they can still receive money from that audience.

• Thanks 1