Jump to content

2019 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA


Recommended Posts

Here is another idea based on the location of the newly fenced off areas.  A RMC Raptor replaces the old arcade/paintball building and two tents and the Tea Cups move to Golden Kingdom where the Splash Water Oasis is.  The current location of the Tea Cups becomes a gift shop like they built at Fiesta Texas.

 

gq6WhxA.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would have bet my life you would say this.  

Six Flags FUN! has spoken. The Raptor is final. No returns. No exchanges.

This is what we are getting.  

Posted Images

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:31 AM, Pineracer said:

Does anyone else think they'll shorten El Toro like Boss?

I hope not, but either way I doubt they would.  El Toro is too good of a ride for them to mess with like that.  The most they'll do is retrack the rougher sections.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2018 at 2:47 PM, Squidy2201 said:

Believe it if you want. I'm not. I am just going to keep the idea of a Riddler themed RMC in my head but Lakefront doesn't have enough room. Its really not the biggest spot. Unless they go over the water. There is just more dry land by justice league and over by the recently opened abandoned path. 

 

Don't forget that anybody can write what they want on wikipedia.

They could remove Joker, it doesn't even work lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know what's going on in the blue tent? Looks like they're finally putting something new in it now that the old arcade is out.  The best thing they can do in this area is reopen the original midway path from the tents to the carousel which would bring more foot traffic into that area making those two tents viable money makers again.

 

As for the next coaster, I believe it will be the first T-Rex (the raptors just don't have enough capacity for us), but the only place I can see it going is between El Toro and Ka where the insanely long path to Zumanjaro is.  They can use all the space from the former footprint of Rolling Thunder going back to the old section of the safari that doesn't seem to be used anymore. If they're putting it in the area of Splash Water Oasis and Bloodshed , it would have to be extremely small and compact unless they plan on building over that part of El Toro. And please for the love of all that is good, I hope it's not called The Riddler 🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like Raptors are a just fine fit for the park.  Considering Wonder Woman has 24 riders per 3 train cycle and a gerslauyer Coaster only has 16 riders per a 2 Train cycle I’m sure we would be fine as long as dispatches are fast if we were to get a raptor coaster.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s a rendering of a possible spot for a T-Rex/Big Raptor I made that fits where Rolling Thunder used to roar.  It fits perfectly in that spot.  I’d definitely rather see a Coaster than a flat package over there.

71F17E0D-2AC3-471A-86A5-C7279AE26E34.jpeg

 

I’m insterested to see if everyone agrees with me that it’ll be a RMC T-Rex or Raptor in 2019 or 2020.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, coliwood_studios said:

 

71F17E0D-2AC3-471A-86A5-C7279AE26E34.jpeg

You also have to bring into consideration Plaza Del Carnival and the Golden Kingdom which aren’t present in this recreation.  It’s not really a perfect fit if you account for everything in my opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, coliwood_studios said:

Here’s a rendering of a possible spot for a T-Rex/Big Raptor I made that fits where Rolling Thunder used to roar.  It fits perfectly in that spot.  I’d definitely rather see a Coaster than a flat package over there.

71F17E0D-2AC3-471A-86A5-C7279AE26E34.jpeg

 

I’m insterested to see if everyone agrees with me that it’ll be a RMC T-Rex or Raptor in 2019 or 2020.

Where would the entrance be? There isn't really any space for that since El Diablo took the spot of Rolling Thunder's entrance. While the track may fit there, the queue and entrance don't seem to have a place to go

Link to post
Share on other sites

^ It could be done although it would be rather remote.  I am not sure why they would want it that far off the beaten path.  The current entrance and exit to Zumanjaro would need to turn into general pathways with the entrance to Zu moved closer to that ride's queue house. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice job on the rendering!  Well done!

 

Do we not think that a 2019 debut might be a bit optimistic?  The site has to be identified, designs need to be created, as does an engineering study, permits need to be obtained, the coaster needs to be manufactured, and then it needs to be installed.  With that said, I really do not know how far in advance they plan capital projects. Maybe some of this has already been completed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2018 at 11:50 AM, APeX3181 said:

Does anyone know what's going on in the blue tent? Looks like they're finally putting something new in it now that the old arcade is out.  The best thing they can do in this area is reopen the original midway path from the tents to the carousel which would bring more foot traffic into that area making those two tents viable money makers again.

 

As for the next coaster, I believe it will be the first T-Rex (the raptors just don't have enough capacity for us), but the only place I can see it going is between El Toro and Ka where the insanely long path to Zumanjaro is.  They can use all the space from the former footprint of Rolling Thunder going back to the old section of the safari that doesn't seem to be used anymore. If they're putting it in the area of Splash Water Oasis and Bloodshed , it would have to be extremely small and compact unless they plan on building over that part of El Toro. And please for the love of all that is good, I hope it's not called The Riddler 🙄

I 100% agree with it being in the footprint of Roller Thunder, and Six Flags has just sent out some surveys for a new name and I couldn't help but noticed that they mentioned that exact space.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Chrislovescoasters said:

I 100% agree with it being in the footprint of Roller Thunder, and Six Flags has just sent out some surveys for a new name and I couldn't help but noticed that they mentioned that exact space.

 

When did they mention that space?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

That fence has been up since they opened the path again. which its been at least a month at this point. My guess is they are gonna do some construction around the path to get it to look less abandoned. but at the very least, those walls are to hide the old concrete pads from Balins and to hide the old rotting building.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Squidy2201 said:

That fence has been up since they opened the path again. which its been at least a month at this point. My guess is they are gonna do some construction around the path to get it to look less abandoned. but at the very least, those walls are to hide the old concrete pads from Balins and to hide the old rotting building.

thanks for the heads up there.  saw that earlier today on another site and was curious.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

i think as they could add a rmc raptor or a rmc trex to metropolis, i think they need to update adventure seaport theme it to adventures rivers for nostalgic reasons. move splashwater oasis in the safari cars are and call it seaport oasis. retheme nitro to north american scream machine. retheme the rapids to a african rapids ride. add a family wooden coaster behind looney tunes seaport called called the irrawaddy coaster. add a splash battle called koala canyon splash battle. add a disko called zamberi spin and flying scooters called colorado flyers. move seaport rides to the great lake grandstand area and turn the area where bugs bunny national park and great lake grandstand area into bugs bunny boomtown.

 

but its just my ideas and i think they could get a rmc raptor or rmc trex for golden kingdom or metropolis but instead we getting a giant discovery

Edited by harry2004
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I think 2019 is finally going to be the year we see a thrilling, original coaster that will definitely give the other parks in the chain a run for their money. It's personally impressive in my opinion how we haven't gotten an original coaster in a long time, yet still remain one of the best parks in the chain. If we get a Raptor it'll be whatever and I won't be disappointed, but a T-Rex is in my opinion what can suite the park well with the amount of traffic it gets during the summer (not all days obviously)

 

In my opinion, as long as we get something that can make us stand out from the other parks in the chain for the time being, I'll be happy. We've been swept under the rug for the longest time and I think 2019 will finally end that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i think using the left over rolling thunder spot for golden kingdom expansion is a good idea here a map i made of what if golden kingdom expands into rolling thunder spot

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 6.41.11 PM.png

this map shows a rmc raptor in that area and i could call it python and move safari enterance to that expanded area, and move the 3 kiddle rides that used to be at the former kids area here, (plus moving the enterance and exit to the drop tower betweem the safari new enterance and kingda ka, fast tracks snacks demolished for new enterance, exit and queue line for kingda ka)

Edited by harry2004
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...