• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   10/07/2017

Sign in to follow this  
The Master

Dorney Park Haunt 10

Hard to believe the Haunt is inmits 10th season already. Really not too many changes this year except for changing Mansion House Hotel to Tourist Trap. Tourist Trap is downsized and half the size of the former MHH it replaced. Tourist Trap theme is set as a hotel during the 1893 Worlds Fair, where guests have been disappearing. Its good, but not as good as MHH was. This year the skeleton key rooms have been put into remote locations away from the main Haunt attraction they are paired with. The Carnevil scarezone has upgraded lighting. 

Unlike this spring and summer, Dorney's operations were pretty decent. However, both the outdoor houses, Cornstalkers and Grave Walkers had much slower moving lines than last year, resulting in them having much longer lines than the indoor houses. One other issue I had was when I attempted to purchase some pumpkin soft serve ice cream in the park, the cashier did not know how to give me my season pass discount, and she had to call her supervisor in to give to me, so I skipped getting the ice cream. Operatations at Dorney are not what they used to be. 

Someone's been reading/watching up on H.H. Holmes it looks like.

We're toying with going out there this weekend.  I'll have to keep an eye out for those.

Some bad news, Dorney just sent emails saying that all the remaining operating days will be bring a friend discount days for SP holders. This will likely make the remaining Haunt nights more crowded. 

46 minutes ago, The Master said:

Some bad news, Dorney just sent emails saying that all the remaining operating days will be bring a friend discount days for SP holders. This will likely make the remaining Haunt nights more crowded. 

I guess they're trying to find ways to get attendance levels for Haunt and the dry park higher. They should also add Haunt on Sundays to better compete with Great Adventure.

They used to be open on Sunday for Haunt but attendance wasn't very good.

Attendance might be lower for the season. WWK seemed less crowded and the ride side didn't get much more crowded later in the day once the water park closed like in past years. During the last few years, there were times I saw the 2nd part of the lot on the other side of the parking booths with cars in it on weekdays in July and August and only saw them using that lot once during that same time (not counting Labor Day where the overflow lot was being used).

I thought Dorney seemed more busy this year, but maybe it was the poorer and slower operations making it seem that way? They also maybe trying to take advantage of the NE extension being closed this weekend just past the Allentown exit, exit 56. 

16 hours ago, Viper26 said:

I guess they're trying to find ways to get attendance levels for Haunt and the dry park higher. They should also add Haunt on Sundays to better compete with Great Adventure.

I'm glad I read this.  There goes Dorney.  I'm not up to dealing with a Saturday crowd.  

It seems like everyone's attendance has been off this year. Disney just opened up all but the last couple of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party dates to cast discounts. Usually they only give CMs a discount on the September dates, but now they are offering the discount through October 26th. They've only sold out one or two dates this year and that came much later than normal. Busch Gardens Tampa is offering any two nights of Howl-O-Scream for $49.95. There are deals everywhere but I think people are a little cautious between fear and caution about spending. 

6 hours ago, Lemur said:

I'm glad I read this.  There goes Dorney.  I'm not up to dealing with a Saturday crowd.  

I'm assuming Dorney's Saturday crowds aren't as bad as Great Adventure's however Dorney has slow operations so crowds would feel similar.

6 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

It seems like everyone's attendance has been off this year. Disney just opened up all but the last couple of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party dates to cast discounts. Usually they only give CMs a discount on the September dates, but now they are offering the discount through October 26th. They've only sold out one or two dates this year and that came much later than normal. Busch Gardens Tampa is offering any two nights of Howl-O-Scream for $49.95. There are deals everywhere but I think people are a little cautious between fear and caution about spending. 

If crowds for Halloween events are lower than normal, maybe some people have heard about the high crowds they get and go on another day.

I was at Dorney's Haunt this past Friday. It was pretty busy at first, there were six school buses there and Steel Force got a sizable line from slow dispatches. All the Haunt attractions had full queues. However, by 10:30, the park emptied out fast and everything was walk on by then, even Haunt attractions.