You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

That experiment is a rather vague strawman argument. The guards at Dorney who carry handguns are Act 235 state certified, you know what that means? They get the same training as Pennsy State Troopers do and whould only pull their weapon if a unruly guest was a threat to the lives of other guests, employees, or the guards. They just don't pull out their guns just because someone looks at them funny or whenever they feel like. Only the top ranking guards are even armed (most just have mace) and only respond with their guns against an attcker who is also armed with a deadly weapon.

Let's try this experiment, a guest sneaks a knife into GADV and starts stabbing people, the park's guards would be helpless. Only thing they could do is contact police which would give the stabber plenty of time to attack and kill more people, now that would be a stampede. Also the unarmed guards would be at the mercy of this attacker like the guests. Even if a group of unarmed guards rush the attacker he still could kill at least one of the guards before being subdued. To me that is just unacceptable.

Let's say a man pulls a knife at Dorney and starts attacking guests. The armed guards can corner the attacker and force him to surrender. If he still tries to lunge at them or other guests the armed guards can neutralize the threat to save their own lives and those of other guests. The media could still blow it out of proportion but it's still better than allowing an attacker to have more time to kill more people. Saving lives is more important than saving an image, which would already be strained by any kind of incident like that regardless.

In the real world, I have never been shot at in Dorney by the guards or even had a gun pointed at me or anyone else by them. Also I never have been physically attacked by another guest at Dorney, or Hershey, or WDW, or Universal, or DL, even SFA. However I have been physically attacked several times at GADV over the 24 years I have been going there and is the only park that I had this happen to me, twice in the last six years alone. I am one of those people who feel less safe at GADV and with good reason, I rather have armed guards than be attacked by other unruly guests. Maybe it takes being attacked to fully see my point of view?

If guns provide a false sense of security, then metal dectectors are an even greater form of false security since many of you admitted how easily they can be defeated or bypassed. Once in there is nothing to really stop an armed person until the police show up which is time enough to do many nasty things before being stopped. In cases like this time is of the essence.

However this whole sidetrack is pointless anyway since NJ would never allow armed guards at GADV since that state is more strict which is about the third time I have stated this. With that I am done with this tangent.

I do agree that the park has been too passive but having the guards look like crossing guards and armed with only trash pickers and empty threats put them at a great disadvantage. Joe Gangbanger would see them as a joke, not as a deterrent. However Joe Gangbanger would see an armed guard as a grave deterrent. Also Pennsy people tend not to be so deathly afraid of guns as NJ people tend to be. While GADV guards can't be armed with firearms (probably not even mace with NJ) they should ditch the crossing guard vests and trash pickers to help restore their image. If not alreay they should be given some hand to hand combat training.

PS. Dorney also makes use of Allentown police during busier times but I have never seen swat teams, state troopers, or officers armed with rifles.

Edited by The Master
  • Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being “PC”.  If you have problems with Rudolph and the song Baby It’s Cold Outside you need a life.  

The person who keeps posting there wish to get JLBFM over and over and over again. We get it! You want it!

That Holiday In The Park wasn't even in the top 5 for Best Christmas event in the Golden Ticket Awards. Why do I feel like if Great Adventure's event had been at Cedar Point (same decorations, lights

Posted Images

Great Adventure also makes use of the Jackson Police and the New Jersey State Troopers when they anticipate larger crowds like during Saturdays in the summer, during major concerts, and during peak Fright Fest Days. They also make use of police dogs and SWAT teams.

These additional resources are armed, sometimes heavily armed. I think this puts me more on edge than feel safer.

Let's all move on...

gallery_2_579_70411.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

gallery_2_579_70411.jpg

How poorly seup these offices' AR15 rifles are. You never put optics like holographic sights on a two piece quadrail handgurad like that. The reason is two piece quadrails shift a little bit and can cause an optic mounted to it to lose zero, (fall out of alignment) not good. Now if those were free float quadrails they won't shift and you would not have a zero loss. However those AR15s still have delta rings which means those quadrails aren't free floating. The holographic sights should be moved back to the flat top receiver for better accuracy and maintain zero. (IMHO rifles are overkill). Also telescoping stocks and mags over 15 rounds are supposed to be illegal in NJ (though perfectly legal in most other states), but of course the NJ police are allowed to have such items!

Edited by The Master

Is there any limit to the number of ads on Screamscape?

Yeah the amount of ads on Screamscape is ridiculous, thankfully there is Ad Blocker.

Edited by Yoshi

Yeah the amount of ads on Screamscape is ridiculous, thankfully there is Ad Blocker.

It is getting extreme when random words within the little rumor blurbs are now linked to ads.

As you can tell from the lack of ads in our Spotlights and features, I hate ads! I feel it is a distraction that takes away from the content.

it may just be my computer but i can pull up any spotlight page and its there, its super annoying because if the cursor goes on it it brings up an ad...

Can you send us screen shot? We don't have any ads or links to ads on our site. The closest we come to an ad is the link for our book on amazon on our homepage.