MarioSonic94

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

The number of advertisements, pop-ups, commercial videos, and banners on Screamscape is getting to be ridiculous. It is really takes away from the site's greatness.

Well, I just took a couple of hours to review the gripes of the various members of this forum over the past 5 or so years...Some of you younger guys are by now "Married with Children", I suppose !... so remarks pertainlng to why you want to slap your Earth Science Teacher, or the Bullies in Math classes, are probably not very timely at this point.

Harry, The member, Bullets, hasn't been heard from for several years. He is the only poster I have read who also worked in Security. Do you know of any other members who worked in Security over the years? I would like to communicate with former or current Security workers at G A someday.

As a senior citizen, 'Pet Peeves' or 'Gear-grinders' tend to come easy for me... but here are a few, in priority order and condensed as much as I can.

1.People who inisist on imposing their behaviors onto others who may not want to accept those behaviors.

2.People who refuse to recognize and respect the rights of others.

3. The failure of a person, business, corporation, or government agency to attempt to solve an issue, concern,question, or problem for a person or group asking assistance with that issue or concern.

4. The clarification of our Justice system. . Make the Punishment fit the Crime, and enforce the laws on the books rather than continuely add additional laws with new definitions of the same crimes.

5.Re the Theme Park Ticket System- Eliminate the extra fare- class structure multi-level passes.

Sell GENERAL ADDMISSION TO ALL RIDES AND SHOWS FOR- One Day, Two Day, Week-long, Thirty-Day and Season-

Long.

Also sell GENERAL ADMISSION WALK AND SHOWs (NO-RIDES)- with the same time values (for the non-rider adults with kids).

Then enforce the line rules rigidly and if possible use an appointment system for scheduling the fast-trak...but not at extra cost.

Having lived in California for many years I have sympathy for those who complained about the lines and treatment at the DMV. If I can offer any positive comfort... We have been in Indiana for almost 15 years now. I traded my Calif license w/ motorcylce endorsement for my Indiana license with the same when we move here in 2000. No test..just $12.00 and stop in to the empty BMV office and it was done in 5 minutes. "Good for 8 years". In 2008 I renewed on line for 6 years for $10.00 and they mailed me the license (minus the motorcycle endorsement-my choice). This year 2014 I had to go in to the office to get an eye test since I am now over 70 years old... passed it, paid $12 and got an 8 year renewal that may well out last me. So some States do provide decent service for their drivers.

One more plus for the Hoosier State Services.. At 70 I am exempt from a fishing license , unless I want to buy one. I need a Hunting License..and both Wife and I have them for Deer. We have an Orchard that the deer love to chow down in frequently. We have a permit from the state that allows us to shoot a deer that is damaging our crops. We tend to be selective in only shooting deer when our freezer is low and the particular deer looks to be a meat producing animal, we are not interested in antlers or trophies. As a result of good game management laws we are able to take about a dozen deer a year and this helps the grocery bill a lot. Not a gripe...but we remeber when going deer hunting in New York was more of a legal hassle than it was worth 50 years ago.

more short rants to come, I'm sure.

Edited by mayor al

I'm a Black Friday Shopper and I liked when stores opened up at 5am on Friday. Now with them opening up on Thanksgiving night its not the same. Last year I ended up waiting at Staples from 6pm to 8pm when they opened up to get a Microsoft Surface Tablet and a Lenovo Laptop (Both was worth the wait though as my laptop was broken beyond repair and it was too good of a deal to pass up on). But then I had to make rounds to other stores for other things. It took away me spending time with my parents.

Now this year its the same thing all over again (visiting my parents with my family) but now the Eagles and Dallas are playing at 4pm!!! However it seems that this year (after looking at the ads early) there is no 1 or 2 items I need bad enough to go out.

Please go back to Black Friday being BLACK FRIDAY please!

Social Media being forced on you for more and more things.

One forum/survey panel I was on for a gaming company is shutting down their forums and regular surveys and going to Facebook only

Now for online contests, instead of just filling out an entry form on a website, it's all on Facebook you have to like the company on Facebook and if that's not enough, you have to share the post with others for the entry to count.

Every year, MyCokeRewards has gift cards available for points the first week in December. This year, you not only have to use their beta site, you have to use Twitter and Instagram for tweeting about Coke or posting photos. If they were giving out the rewards for tweeting, I can understand that more but you still have to buy the items and spend the time to enter the codes and now spend even more time using Social Media to unlock the rewards to use the points on.

I just don't bother with that nonsense, hell I refuse to buy a smart phone. Companies use all this social media to track and record people to improve their marketing, as well as using people as free ads. I won't even go about what the government does with tracking smart phones or remote overriding of them. It is really scary stuff.

My old 86 Chevy has been acting up for awhile and I finally found the problem after a couple of months. One of the throttle shaft bosses on the carburetor's base plate is cracked. This causes a bad vacuum leak that leans out the fuel mixture causing problems, mainly at idle and low speeds. The base plate with the throttle valves is an expensive and hard to find part to replace, plus it has to be a number matching part for correct operation. The carburetor is a Quadrajet, and GM made 100s of application specific sub models of them that have little parts interchange with each other. Man, am I pissed. This is a really unusually part failure.

Edited by The Master

Like Ole Kirk Christiansen, war as a toy(or game) grinds my gears because he said it made war child's play [in The Giver it is a game, but that's beside the point]...but I don't think anybody can help with that as long as it makes companies profitable.

In recent years on many old car forums and magazines, some gearheads are bad mouthing old engines like gen 1 Chevy V8s while braging about their LS engines. Seems like the LS crowd can't make a thread without putting down older gen engines which is obnoxious.

Edited by The Master

When a company says 3-5 business days for shipping but packages and sends out your item after 3 business days, and is expected to arrive 5 business days later for a total of 12 days since i ordered it. Not happy right now.

Industrial revolution project for history fail, took down all vids from mid-January onward (Brick Builders club box and industrial revolution lets talk series; Lego batman 2 still up. Oh and the ride home was no help, all modern music for crying out loud. Most modern (tecno mostly) is not what the world needs, there are some songs of this day n' age I agree with like Happy and to a lesser extent shake it off and let it go (just because I think it was scripted well and the right voice actor, other than that I only like frozen heart; the rest is the same mundane job in every Disney film).

The number of commercials on television is becoming extreme. For example, I use to like watching old shows on TV Land. However, I no longer do because of the number of commercials during each program. If you look at their listings, a typical half hour comedy takes up 40 minutes on their schedule block. Shows sometimes go from 1:00 to 1:40 for example. The extra time is not there so the show isn't edited down but so they can broadcast extra commercials. A typical commercial break runs for seven or eight minutes consisting of about 19 or 20 different ads in a row. Not only that but the shows are still cropped down and the credits are usually played on top of the opening for the next show meaning the vast majority of time is spent on the commercials and advertisements. Beyond annoying.

MeTV is antenna on Wilmington/Philadelphia - KJW. However, maybe you are too far north to get it?

When a forecast change at the last minute. They had been predicted that today was supposed to warm up to 40 and be mostly rain, even as of last night. Now it is supposed to only get up to 32 and be mostly snow snow and ice now.

People adding me on Facebook who have a very low amount of friends, and 0 of them being mutual friends with me. Who are you and how did you find me?!

More I hear about Facebook, the more glad I never bothered with it.

The worst about facebook is on Sunday nights if you miss the Walking Dead you CANNOT go on fb bc people will spoil the entire episode.

^Yes! I've made the mistake a few times of casually scrolling through and seeing something about the episode.

• Like 1

Last week, they were predicting that this week was going to be fairly nice. Sunny and mid to high 40s. Wrong, more sub-freezing cold and more snow than ever this winter. Now they are saying next week "should be nice", in the high 40s and sunny. Probably end up being in the 20s again next week with more snow and ice.

People who, without asking, take vintage photos from this site, remove the watermarks, and then post the pictures as if those were their own. Real classy.

Or make Youtube "tribute" videos to the park using them and then Youtube won't pull them down despite the fact they are clearly using our watermarked materials.

^Or your cellphone! I made that mistake a few years ago... it didn't end well XD

I said it before, but I really hate road salt. Just paid $500 to have the rear leaf spring shackles and mounting brackets replaced on my truck because the salt rusted them out. The mechcanic said he is seeing rust issues like this more and more, he said he has replaced more rusted brake lines in the last couple of years than he has had in the previous 30 years. Even 2013 cars are coming in with rusted out underbody parts. He says DOT are just spraying much stronger stuff now that is reeking havoc on cars and roads just so people can speed in the wintertime.

Disney World altering Pirates so you now get really wet. I was down there last week, rode it 3 times, twice on Tues and once on Thrus and all 3 times a huge wave crashes over the boats soaking the passengers after the dip, especially in the first 3 rows. It gets you far wetter than Splash Mt now and they don't even warn people about it.