Sign in to follow this  
Coaster Justin

Gr.Adv.Debate #46: Which Season Long Pass Would You Rather Have?

Which One?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which One?

• Season Long Valet Parking Pass ($400)
    • Season Long Locker Pass ($100)
    • Season Long Beer Pass ($500)

Which would you rather get?

PS, The Beer Pass would be for one beer a day per pass + showing of ID

For Me

1. Locker Pass

2. Valet Parking

I don't drink

Edited by Coaster Justin

I'd go for the locker pass especially with the policies on El Toro and Kingda Ka. I wouldn't use or need valet parking as we like to park far from other cars in the lots.

43 minutes ago, Matt Kaiser said:

I don't think SF would or could realistically charge those prices, but I'd most like to see a locker pass.

Just guessing based on the Season Long Flash Pass

Well a 1-day gold flash pass is somewhere between $70 to $90, I think? So the (full price) $800 all-season flash pass pays for itself in 9 to 12 visits. The current actual price of $300 only takes 4 or 5 visits.

An all-day locker is $8, so a $300 all-season locker pass takes 38 visits per year to break even, assuming you take full advantage of the all-day locker and use it at least 8 times per visit. There's a very very small number of people who go to the park more than 38 times per year.

Edited by Matt Kaiser

2 hours ago, Matt Kaiser said:

Well a 1-day gold flash pass is somewhere between $70 to $90, I think? So the (full price) $800 all-season flash pass pays for itself in 9 to 12 visits. The current actual price of $300 only takes 4 or 5 visits.

An all-day locker is $8, so a $300 all-season locker pass takes 38 visits per year to break even, assuming you take full advantage of the all-day locker and use it at least 8 times per visit. There's a very very small number of people who go to the park more than 38 times per year.

Locker Pass Edited

I feel 100$ for a season long locker pass would be a bit much. At that point it makes sense to just keep paying 1$ per locker. say you go 20 times in one season. That is a lot. say 3 lockers a day. Still makes sense to buy them as you go.

I say $30 is reasonable for an all season locker pass as it costs less than the cost of 4 all day passes.