Sign in to follow this  
NewJerseyCoasters

Gr.Adv.Debate #48: What if Nitro was what its theme orginaly planned? (Superman) How would you like it and rate it?

I say it would be cool but I like having fewer IPs in the parks and having an original name. Nitros color scheme sucks just it was going to be red insted of magenta so not to better. The ride would have been the same with addition of some themeing. Im glad this didnt happen or they would have called batman and superman one day BatMan V Superman Area! Thats my opinion.

It would still be my favorite coaster in the park and my 2nd highest ranked steel coaster regardless of the theming. I do like that is has an original name (not counting other coasters in other parts of the world that opened up later) but I would have been fine with whatever name and theme Six Flags used.

I probably wouldn’t have cared and most likely would have stayed my #2 in the Park.  Extra theming would be cool but I just can’t imagine it with a new name.

On 12/21/2017 at 7:54 PM, Yoshi said:

It would still be my favorite coaster in the park and my 2nd highest ranked steel coaster regardless of the theming. I do like that is has an original name (not counting other coasters in other parts of the world that opened up later) but I would have been fine with whatever name and theme Six Flags used.

It's the only coaster I must ride every time I go there, and usually as soon as I get there when the park opens, so I can ride without any lines.

Its sister coaster at SFNE is a little more unique (dips below ground), but it was incorporated into the Superman theme - I like Nitro's unique name better.

Edited by dougdrummer

I would always ride it based on how good it is. But the colors are terrible. Atleast the head rests and other parts of the seats and restraints don't wear as badly as other B&M hypers. Should start a change.org petition to change the colors

I really don't care about theming on most of these rides. For one thing, I'm a Marvel girl and really don't care for DC's characters (except Wonder Woman) and for another, I'm of the belief that theming should come second to ride quality.  Nitro is a kick ass coaster.  Change the paint job and the name and it's still a kick ass coaster.