Lemur

Great Adventure Confessional

I really don't like Justice League.  I think it's overhyped and really not that much fun and I hate shooter video games.  I'd like it better if it was a just a souped-up dark ride.

There, I said it.  I feel better now.  

This could be a fun topic.  I have to think about this.

• Like 1

I’m really not a huge fan of Dark Knight.  It’s my #11 in the Park right now.  I don’t know what it is but it’s just another standard Wild Mouse.  After riding this a bunch times the theming doesn’t even stand out anymore.  It’s only good for first or second time riders in my opinion.

I still need to ride Road Runner Railway so I can say I have ridden every current operating coaster in the park.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mr.Six said:

I’m really not a huge fan of Dark Knight.  It’s my #11 in the Park right now.  I don’t know what it is but it’s just another standard Wild Mouse.  After riding this a bunch times the theming doesn’t even stand out anymore.  It’s only good for first or second time riders in my opinion.

I think it's be fun if they turned it into a spinner, but otherwise ... yeah.

I personally feel that SFGA would benefit way more with a focus on theming and shows right now than it would on rides. 

• Like 4

I think Nitro is just okay. I prefer more intense rides and it just doesn't feel that intense with gradual movements and floater airtime vs ejector. 

• Like 1

The Dark Knight Coaster is nowhere near as bad as people claim it to be.

Sure I usually skip it when I visit, but I would still ride it over Green Lantern.

• Like 1

A Positive One:

I think that the Joker is super underrated because of how much fun I have on it

A Negative One:

When I'm at HITP, although its nice to have an extra month of coasters, I feel that the event is rather boring... (should have a temp. ice skating ring, a light show like SFNE/SFMM has

• Like 1

On 3/28/2018 at 6:40 PM, Louisatsweetlou said:

When I'm at HITP, although its nice to have an extra month of coasters, I feel that the event is rather boring... (should have a temp. ice skating ring, a light show like SFNE/SFMM has

Yes, I could not agree more! I know they have the light know at the main square but they need something grander.

15 hours ago, Lemur said:

Yes, I could not agree more! I know they have the light know at the main square but they need something grander.

I agree too. I was in Williamsburg this January and they had a temp rink set up in the middle of the street that they close off. It was a nice size and people were using it.

On 3/25/2018 at 3:59 PM, PurpleRainingBlood said:

I personally feel that SFGA would benefit way more with a focus on theming and shows right now than it would on rides. 

I miss the dolphin and seal shows and while I like the joker I much would have preferred to keep the animal shows.

I also think they really missed the boat by not having a justice league action show to coincide with the movie. 

This is solely my opinion, but I've sat through way too many poorly produced, half-baked, bastardized versions of Broadway shows on cruise ships to ever voluntarily sit through a show that isn't actually on Broadway or featuring my brother's kids.

43 minutes ago, Lemur said:

This is solely my opinion, but I've sat through way too many poorly produced, half-baked, bastardized versions of Broadway shows on cruise ships to ever voluntarily sit through a show that isn't actually on Broadway or featuring my brother's kids.

That's why they should and normally do stick to the animal, action and magic shows.

Nobody goes to those to see great acting, you go to see animals, pyro and stuff blowing up and some stunts and some magic tricks.  

On 3/2/2018 at 9:16 AM, Lemur said:

I really don't like Justice League.  I think it's overhyped and really not that much fun and I hate shooter video games.  I'd like it better if it was a just a souped-up dark ride.

There, I said it.  I feel better now.  

I do.

Anyway, I'm attracted to Cyborg's voice on that ride.

I will often drive from Reading PA to SFGA after work to get dinner and ride 2 rides... this is how I justify my meal plan and membership... it's almost 2.5 hours away....

I haven't been to GA in years, despite living only 45 minutes drive away; the current ride offerings (such as Dark Knight, Justice League, Skull Mountain and Houdini), as well as me just having to have a park to go to (Florida is so far and so expensive!), has me now setting up to go quite a lot now!

I've been paying for my membership since it came out.  I have not been to the park last year or this year yet.