Sign in to follow this  
Six Flags FUN!

Six Flags Additions for 2019

Planning a ride for just one year isn't much time in the amusement industry.  If it has only been one year, that can pretty much eliminate most custom designed coasters or attractions.  These usually take around 3+ years to go from idea to production.  

• Like 1

So I check on Screamscape info:

Park News - (6/21/18) A reader tells us some new construction walls have appeared inside The Golden Kingdom area of Six Flags Great Adventure, walling off an old "waterworks attraction". Could this be prep work for a new 2019 attraction, or for something else? Anyone know more? There is a good bit of open land behind this old attraction that something of a decent size could fit in nicely tucked away behind here, next to El Diablo and the nearby section of El Toro. Big enough say... for perhaps a new RMC Raptor coaster... or maybe even the first T-Rex.

^I don’t see the need for another coaster in that area of the park.  It might be a good place for a new restaurant. The dirt area next to it would be a good place to put a large flat like a Giga/Giant Discovery.

7 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

^I don’t see the need for another coaster in that area of the park.  It might be a good place for a new restaurant. The dirt area next to it would be a good place to put a large flat like a Giga/Giant Discovery.

So which RMC Raptor or T-Rex will be place for next year? Put it on former Stuntman's Freefall or something else?

i guess what could replace the splashwater oasis is a nice themed restaurant something beyond of the lines like rainforest cafe

plus they could put rmc trex or rmc raptor somewhere

how about they demolished the stunt arena in movietown and add a rmc trex there and call it the joker and retheme the other joker to hurricane. but i be happy if they replace twister with a giant discovery. and add rides to golden kingdom, something like a huss kong ride could go where jungle express and tigerland treehouse used to be and they could move air jumbo to where rajas rickshraws and monkey around used to be. add a restaurant in where splashwater oasis and air jumbo old location used to be. and add a splash battle. in where the brake turn for rolling thunder used to be and call it splash battle oasis or move jolly roger to air jumbo and put a splash battle there and called it pirate beach and add a zamperla swinger there and call it safari swings. and maybe they could move the enterance and exit for safari off road adventure and put it in rolling thunder and old safari enterance area. then the enterance and exit at frontier adventures opens room for flat ride. maybe something like a zamperla disko called texas twister could be good and maybe add a roller coaster in the old road for safari off road adventure used to be something like s&s steeplechase coaster themed to horses be great there

Edited by harry2004

I am still going with Raptor for 2019 next to Justice League.  The first T-Rex will probably show up at Fiesta Texas in 2020 as a hyper or giga coaster concept.

On 6/21/2018 at 9:31 PM, harry2004 said:

i guess what could replace the splashwater oasis is a nice themed restaurant something beyond of the lines like rainforest cafe

plus they could put rmc trex or rmc raptor somewhere

how about they demolished the stunt arena in movietown and add a rmc trex there and call it the joker and retheme the other joker to hurricane. but i be happy if they replace twister with a giant discovery. and add rides to golden kingdom, something like a huss kong ride could go where jungle express and tigerland treehouse used to be and they could move air jumbo to where rajas rickshraws and monkey around used to be. add a restaurant in where splashwater oasis and air jumbo old location used to be. and add a splash battle. in where the brake turn for rolling thunder used to be and call it splash battle oasis or move jolly roger to air jumbo and put a splash battle there and called it pirate beach and add a zamperla swinger there and call it safari swings. and maybe they could move the enterance and exit for safari off road adventure and put it in rolling thunder and old safari enterance area. then the enterance and exit at frontier adventures opens room for flat ride. maybe something like a zamperla disko called texas twister could be good and maybe add a roller coaster in the old road for safari off road adventure used to be something like s&s steeplechase coaster themed to horses be great there

Just scrap the Joker we have or send it to La Ronde, it doesn't work as well as its counterparts. then just build a Raptor/T-rex in its place. You don't need a designated Fireworks watching place if do it only 1 or 2 nights a year.

On 6/21/2018 at 9:43 PM, Medusa42 said:

I am still going with Raptor for 2019 next to Justice League.  The first T-Rex will probably show up at Fiesta Texas in 2020 as a hyper or giga coaster concept.

Fiesta Texas has a Raptor, that would be a dick move to put a T-rex there too, maybe Over Texas or Magic Mountain would do that.

wait did you hate the joker?

why?

the joker looks perfect right. all its do now its retheme the joker

Edited by harry2004

I doubt the Joker is going anywhere soon, a lot of people enjoy the ride.

If you watch the interview with Alan Schilke from the Wonder Woman opening, he makes it clear that Raptor and T-Rex will be very different experiences.  For some reason, a lot of people aren't understanding this point and seem to think the only difference is the train capacity and wider track.  It's like saying a park shouldn't have two B&M coasters. 

Fiesta Texas is the main prototype park and has already stated they will be going big for the next few years.  This is one of the main growth parks in the chain and is likely one of the parks Six Flags is studying to make year round if Magic Mountain is successful.

Interviews with the Over Texas park president make it sound like they have another two years to build out the Gotham expansion and there isn't room for a large coaster in that area.

The most credible rumor I have heard about Magic Mountain is that they are getting the largest capital investment since Tatsu was built.  According to the rumor, a new coaster and flat are coming for 2019, Roaring Rapids will close forever around July 4th, and Cyclone Bay will be completely rebranded and rethemed.  The new coaster is not expected to be a Giga or T-Rex.

45 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

I doubt the Joker is going anywhere soon, a lot of people enjoy the ride.

If you watch the interview with Alan Schilke from the Wonder Woman opening, he makes it clear that Raptor and T-Rex will be very different experiences.  For some reason, a lot of people aren't understanding this point and seem to think the only difference is the train capacity and wider track.  It's like saying a park shouldn't have two B&M coasters. 

Fiesta Texas is the main prototype park and has already stated they will be going big for the next few years.  This is one of the main growth parks in the chain and is likely one of the parks Six Flags is studying to make year round if Magic Mountain is successful.

Interviews with the Over Texas park president make it sound like they have another two years to build out the Gotham expansion and there isn't room for a large coaster in that area.

The most credible rumor I have heard about Magic Mountain is that they are getting the largest capital investment since Tatsu was built.  According to the rumor, a new coaster and flat are coming for 2019, Roaring Rapids will close forever around July 4th, and Cyclone Bay will be completely rebranded and rethemed.  The new coaster is not expected to be a Giga or T-Rex.

^ So that's means Six Flags Great Adventure might get first RMC T-Rex or Raptor for next year? SFGadv will not gonna have Skywarp because they've already have Super Loop called El Diablo. I bet we might getting RMC T-Rex or Raptor at SFGadv in next year. Skywarps probably aheading to SFOT and SFMM next year.

Also, maybe Six Flags Magic Mountain will have Skywarp Eclipse and Mack Spinning Coaster or Dive Coaster next year? Here is my prediction Six Flags Theme Parks for 2019:
Six Flags Great Adventure: First RMC T-Rex or Raptor

Six Flags Over Georgia: Giant Discovery, Water Park expansion

Six Flags America: 4D Free Fly Coaster

Six Flags Magic Mountain: Skyline Skywarp Eclipse and Dive Coaster

Six Flags Mexico: Kids Area Revamp

Six Flags Over Texas: Skywarp Eclipse

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom: Animal addition, new shows

Six Flags Fiesta Texas: A new flat ride

Six Flags New England: Kids Area Expansion

Six Flags Great America: RMC Raptor or Water park expansion

Six Flags St. Louis: A flat ride from SFOT

La Ronde: RMC Le Monstre

Great Escape: SkyScreamer or Kids Area Revamp

Darien Lake: Ride of Steel revamp (bring back Superman theme), Kids Area Revamp (bring back Looney Tunes theme) and others

Froniter City: Water park expansion

Update: I found this video on YouTube:

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

12 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

SFGadv will not gonna have Skywarp because they've already have Super Loop called El Diablo. I bet we might getting RMC T-Rex or Raptor at SFGadv in next year. Skywarps probably aheading to SFOT and SFMM next year.

Discovery Kingdom also already has a Larson Giant Loop, so good luck with that. :P

Edited by Matt Kaiser

Two comments about Splash Water Oasis-

1.  It is still intact.  The “removed roof” is simply the canvas covers that have always been removed for the winter.  

2.   Walls went up around it so that it is out of view of guests similar to the Autobahn ride which sat behind a wall for many years.  The green walls are to keep guests out of the closed off backstage areas now that the Golden Kingdom walkway has reopened.  

15 minutes ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Two comments about Splash Water Oasis-

1.  It is still intact.  The “removed roof” is simply the canvas covers that have always been removed for the winter.  

2.   Walls went up around it so that it is out of view of guests similar to the Autobahn ride which sat behind a wall for many years.  The green walls are to keep guests out of the closed off backstage areas now that the Golden Kingdom walkway has reopened.  

i think splash water oasis be a good place for a rainforest cafe like restaurant, or maybe move the teacups there and retheme to monkey business like at six flags discovery kingdom

On 6/23/2018 at 12:26 PM, harry2004 said:

wait did you hate the joker?

why?

the joker looks perfect right. all its do now its retheme the joker

Doc from the Grove Show said our Joker incorrectly built, making it more difficult to get flips (compared to the others).

If something happened between S&S and Six Flags, they would probably remove Great Adventure's for parts (but i highly doubt that will happen).

PS I personally think there should be a short cut between Lakefront and Frontier via National Park, I feel that area could use it.

but why not retheme the joker to hurricane

retheme the circus tent to a damaged harbor building, retheme the gift shop building to a another harbor building. add a damaged ship behind the joker to make it more theming and redo the villain cafe building to lakefront snacks, and give the building a makeover and turn it into a lakefront snacks building because the villain cafe has snacks in it.

Edited by harry2004

hey i got a idea about cyclone bay replacement at six flags magic mountain and here my idea.

first they could build a warner bros studio store in where the walls for closed off buildings are.

second remove cyclone 500 and los cuates stand for a right stuff like simulator ride and remove the dragon station for a cyborg like ride themed to contact and use spin out lot for the queue line.

third converted the coaster candy company shop into a cartoon network themed store and turn the former coldstone into a hbo store

fouth retheme jet scream to the adventures of john wayne and add a mack rides twist and splash ride in thrill shot spot called warner bros waterworks.

five retheme the wooden coaster to mad max and retheme dare devil dive to warner bros stunt dive.

six add a zamperla air race in where the slingshot is and call it great air race and move slingshot where the basketball game/circus wheel are.

seven expand the park into where deja vu used to be and add a skyline skywarp themed to the matrix where the loop and lift hill for deja vu used to be. and add a walkway where half of deja vu used to be.

seven. add a b&m dive coaster themed to stuntman freefall, a stunt arena, and a rmc trex themed to lethal weapon in the expanded area

eight. add a willy wonka dark ride between the cyclone 500 and coaster candy company and behind the rethemed mad max coaster

nine retheme boneless chicken place to the backlot commissary

and ten retheme cyclone bay to warner bros studio backlot

what did you think with my idea

Edited by harry2004

My latest predictions:

SFMM = Mack Rides Xtreme Spinning Coaster full custom layout (MAXX FORCE) and Zamperla Air Race 8.4 (WEST COAST RACER) in the old Cyclone Bay area (ADRENALINE ALLEY)
SFGAdv = RMC Raptor next to Justice League & Skyline Attractions Skywarp on the Lakefront
SFOG = S&S 4D Free Spin (Wonder Woman) replaces Splashwater Falls (Trademark was cancelled for Splashwater Falls)
SFGAm = Water park expansion(Riptide Bay Phase 2) with Proslide RocketBlast/Flying Saucer slide replaces the Pictorium and Zamperla Mega Disk'O added to Southwest Territory. Water park becomes seperate admission park.
SFNE = Water park addition with Proslide BehemothBowl40/TornadoWAVE slide or Proslide Mat Racer.
SFFT = 2 Flat Rides(Zamperla Giant Discovery & Zamperla Air Race 8.4) replace Hustler and grass area in front of Batman
SFA = Zamperla Giant Discovery between Superman & Batwing
SFOT = Larson Giga Loop in Gotham City
SFMex = Larson Giga Loop
SFDK = Chance Rides Freestyle replaces VooDoo and Zamperla Mega Disk'O replaces Tasmanian Devil
Great Escape = Zamperla Mega Disk'O
SFSTL = Huss Trioka from SFOT replaces Highland Fling
La Ronde = Ferris Wheel, Mini Drop Tower, and Teacups that are currently in storage.
Darien Lake = 2nd train for Ride of Steel and VR on Blast Off Drop Tower
Frontier City = Mardi Gras Festival
Wet'n'Wild Splashtown = Phase 1 of previously approved water park expansion

Edited by Medusa42
SFMM added ride names from trademarks

i be okay if six flags fiesta texas gets a flat ride package again with a giant discovery replacing the hustler, zamperla air race in the glass area that used to be the part of the turnpike ride, and teacups in the fiesta bay boardwalk

I think the West Coast Racer trademark will be used for a mat racer for Hurricane Harbor Concord. It’s the only Hurricane Harbor west of the Mississippi River that doesn’t have one.  It also seems that Big Wave Racer From Hurricane Harbor NJ fits perfectly which some expansion space.YKOkNXC.jpg

I'm so worried about Skywarp is coming to SFGadv in 2019 or 2020, I remember last year, a Skywarp employee slipped the question that Great Adventure orders Skywarp very soon but not 2019, maybe 2020? ....I want RMC Raptor or T-Rex coming to the park in next year so badly. We don't want Skywarp coming to the park in next year, we want Skywarp for 2020 instead. I'm so scared about this...I'm not just ready for Skywarp anytime soon...Is SFGadv is getting RMC coaster next year?

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

No one who knows can share the answer to your "Is SFGadv getting RMC coaster next year?".  Just wait until the end of next month and see what happens.  No need to keep asking.

• Like 2

The fact that the Skywarp still hasn't opened yet does not bode well for Six Flags purchasing more of them...

3 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

The fact that the Skywarp still hasn't opened yet does not bode well for Six Flags purchasing more of them...

That hasn't stopped them before!

I know the public opening of many rides was delayed this year because of the addition of membership preview days, but I am surprised at how late in the season most of the  new Six Flags rides debuted.  

Hopefully next year they will take that into consideration and open them in mid May for memberships and hopefully to the public by Memorial Day.   

15 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

I know the public opening of many rides was delayed this year because of the addition of membership preview days, but I am surprised at how late in the season most of the  new Six Flags rides debuted.  

Hopefully next year they will take that into consideration and open them in mid May for memberships and hopefully to the public by Memorial Day.   

I feel like a lot the rides opening in July are in the south. Cyborg and Harleyquinn at SFNE opened around Memorial Day. Even though Darien and Frontier City weren't in SF til this season, when did their additions open?