Sign in to follow this  
Six Flags FUN!

Six Flags Additions for 2019

Park Journey posted a Six Flags Magic Mountain construction update.

https://youtu.be/_DV8lVEb1lA

JiggidyNDG posted a  couple of Six Flags Great America construction updates.

https://youtu.be/IytMHci_aWs

https://youtu.be/kPDXbLDuPWw

All of the teasers for Fiesta Texas either say "BIGGER!" or "How fast do you like to go?"

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/sfft2019?source=feed_text

Edited by Medusa42
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

All of the teasers for Fiesta Texas either say "BIGGER!" or "How fast do you like to go?"

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/sfft2019?source=feed_text

i believe what this means

its mean we going to get a giant discovery at six flags fiesta texas

Edited by harry2004

2019 - New Construction? - (8/4/18) Six Flags America posted an odd teaser to their Instagram and Twitter this morning... featuring an August 2018 calendar shot, showing off two things of importance. For starters, August 16th is circled, and the message with the Tweet was that "Time is running out for summer thrills!". The problem here is that a quick check of the park's hours shows that they keep their long summer hours until the end of Labor Day Weekend, so clearly the summer hours are not going to run out after August 16th... but could this been a sign that something else might close on August 16th?  
    The second hint of importance here is the photo on the calender... which is a photo of an old 1967 Pontiac Firebird emblem. According to one source, that survey Six Flags sent out previously this summer which mentioned a good number of possible ride names apparently did include "Firebird" as a possible future ride name. 

How did August get here so fast? Time is running out for summer thrills!

Could they retheme Batwing and do a new area with area based more around that period (Great Escape did do that with their Super Loop, but it didn't mean much) with a flat or 2 to start?

Some new teasing has arrived at some of the parks.  There have been some new signs on the construction walls by Apoclasype at Magic Mountain.  These lead me to believe that the “West Coast Racer” trademark could be used here.bMGu6v5.jpgSix Flags America also has this weird thing Apocalypse’s queue line.  Terminus means “a final point in space or time; an end or extremity.”  Could something be happening with Apocalypse?ZXyFkqI.jpgGreat America also released another Road to Glory short: 

Edited by Mr.Six

It’s interesting that the Magic Mountain and Great America teasers are both racing themed.  I am thinking Magic Mountain gets West Coast Racer(racing/dueling launch coaster) and Great America gets Maxx Force ( S&S Air Launch coaster like Extreme Rusher). Note the record in the videos, maybe fastest accelerating coaster in the Americas.

It seems like a waste to get rid of Apocalypse at America, so I am going with a floorless conversion and retheme.

At Six Flags New England, Kryptonite Kollider is closed for the season and might move to a new location within the park.  A new flat ride will probably show up in this location.

5 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

I poster di Magic Mountain sembrano essere un sottobicchiere S & S Steeplechase a più corsie

Steeplechase02_11x17_600dpi-1.jpg

ahahahahahahahahahahaa

adding floorless trains to a stand up coaster and retheming sounds great

i hope its retheme to fit with the theme area

something like hurricane or wb's new movie: the meg

Edited by harry2004

I think the last tie in that happened was Green Lantern, right? that would be 8 years ago in 2019, I don't think it's going to happen Harry (even though between Batman and Robin and Dark Knight was 10 years).

Besides, isn't The Meg just a rip off of Jaws (TBH, have not see either movie)?

now this is not a rumor or prediction its just my idea

i think blue, orange, purple, pink, and green teasers sounds like a racing theme, and speed racer is a racing movie so i guess we get a launch coaster from mack themed to speed racer

then add a skyline skywarp themed to the matrix

retheme dare devil dive into wb stunt dive and the wooden coaster they have into mad max and jet scream into perfect storm

if they put these 2 rides and retheme 3 rides they could retheme cyclone bay into action zone like paramount used to have

as and for phase 2

remove the go karts for a open plaza area with a huss breakdance using the taxi/london style ride themed to police academy and zamperla disko themed to rampage and a stunt arena for stunt shows

and zamperla air race themed to an old time wartime flying movie and cyborg like ride in dragon station lot themed to demolition man and use the spin out lot for the queue line

and for phase 3 a rmc trex themed to lethal weapon with enterance and exit between the police academy ride and the stunt arena

Edited by harry2004

It sounds like Great America is getting Maxx Force.  Taking a detour through Southwest Territory when coming out of Hurricane Harbor would imply the path between Southwest Territory and Hometown Square is closed.  The distance from the railroad tracks to Hometown Square is 175 yards and would complete the detour.

18 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

It sounds like Great America is getting Maxx Force.

The person running is also named Max.  Coincidence?  I don’t think so.

Park News - (8/24/18) While Six Flags is set to make the chain-wide announcements for new 2019 attractions at all of their parks on August 30th (including new additions like Darien Lake and Frontier City) Six Flags Magic Mountain will actually be making their own announcement the night before during a live announcement at the park at 9pm on August 29th.

Hmm? It seems SFMM will make announce new ride in August 29th, likely to be new coaster to be announced. I wonder if SFGadv and SFGam will get new coasters too next year? My bet is SFGadv is getting two rides, RMC Raptor and Giant Discovery or just RMC Raptor, and SFGam will get S&S coaster.

The last time a park announced something early was because Cedar Fair got the same ride and Carowinds is making their announcement on the 30th too, could Carwoinds and Magic Mountain be getting the same thing?

Six Flags has already created the new for 2019 placeholder pages for each park on their website.  It appears 19 out of 25 parks will announce a new attraction for 2019, with 6 of the standalone water parks receiving nothing new.

Based on the teaser campaigns:

- Magic Mountain is getting a large custom launch coaster called West Coast Racer,  there is no trademark filing for West Coast Racers.  The media invites say it's going to be a "World's First"

- Great America is getting a large custom launch coaster that accelerates in less than 2 seconds and is called Maxx Force and sets a record for quickest acceleration in North America.

- Fiesta Texas is teasing something faster than 70 mph and taller than 151 ft. that will be "out of this world".  Whirligig and Der Twister(located across from each other) have closed for the season.  Shocking clues are coming on August 26th.

-Great Adventure teased a supersized ride, but not a record breaking ride.  Most likely a Giga Discovery in the old Freefall area.

-America appears to be teasing a floorless conversion of Apocalypse.

Based on the amount of money spent on the above parks, I would expect the rest of the parks to get cheaper flat rides or water slides for 2019.  This could be a Zamperla Mega Disk'O or Chance Freestyle year for many parks.  I am thinking water coaster for White Water Atlanta and Hurricane Harbor Concord.

46 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Ugh, tell me this is a fake one:
28BA3C7D-37B6-462A-9EEE-898C5745F54B.png

E59976CF-4B41-495C-9A7B-F0268FF114E9.png

I think it's fake, the New England and Fiesta Texas additions don't match what we already know, among other things.  The trademark is for West Coast Racer and not West Coast Racers.  The Kids World page originally had most of the rides and park info from Great Escape on it and was changed after it leaked.

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4804:wgiqup.2.4

https://www.trademarkia.com/west-coast-racer-88016141.html

Edited by Medusa42

10 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

5tn7m0U.png

A skywarp eclipse would fit perfectly there. We’ll find all of it out in just a few short days!

Edited by Mr.Six

A Skywarp Eclipse is only 100 ft. tall, the teasers are pointing to something taller than 151 ft and faster than 70 mph.  It might be another Zamperla Giga Discovery or it could be a prototype of something we haven't seen before.

Three days til Six Flags announces new rides in 2019! Don't ya think the Giant Discovery leak for SFGadv in 2019 would be real or fake? I think that was a fake maybe...Or we're getting different ride in 2019 for SFGadv? What are you think guys?