Sign in to follow this  
Six Flags FUN!

Six Flags Additions for 2019

Six Flags Over Texas just changed Lone Star Revolution to El Diablo and moved the location for the new ride to the Spain section of the park.  Now we know where the statue is going.  I heard the park decided they didn't want to put a new ride in a flood zone after the last flood caused damage to several rides.

https://www.sixflags.com/overtexas/attractions/el-diablo

Record hang time awaits!

El Diablo is the 14th and most unique roller coaster at Six Flags Over Texas. But don't let it's deceptively simple design fool you; this coaster is all about delivering some seriously powerful thrills.

After being locked securely into the 32 passenger, curved train, this super-sized loop gets going right away, rocking back and forth as it slowly builds up energy. With every pass through the fly-through station, the train gets closer and closer to cresting the top of the loop. Finally, the train reaches the apex of the ride - a full 100 feet in the air - all while experiencing some serious hang time. El Diablo is sure to give your hair a workout!  Plus, thanks to the unique, face-to-face seating train, you can watch your friends and family's reactions throughout this Texas-sized thrill!

El Diablo will be located in the Spain section of the park and opens in spring 2019.

16 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

Six Flags Over Texas just changed Lone Star Revolution to El Diablo and moved the location for the new ride to the Spain section of the park.  Now we know where the statue is going.  I heard the park decided they didn't want to put a new ride in a flood zone after the last flood caused damage to several rides.

https://www.sixflags.com/overtexas/attractions/el-diablo

I think Great Adventure could get another flat ride in Metropolis section to near by Justice League is 30M Super Loop themed to the Flash or Lex Luthor in 2019 or 2020 (along with RMC Raptor) soon. I'm not sure there could be rumors for another Super Loop (30M similar to SFGAM's one) will aheading to Metropolis section behind Justice League building in 2019 or 2020/2021...or by 2020 came, maybe there will be two additions: 30M Super Loop and RMC Raptor coming to SFGadv.

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

8 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I think Great Adventure could get another flat ride in Metropolis section to near by Justice League is 30M Super Loop themed to the Flash or Lex Luthor in 2019 or 2020 (along with RMC Raptor) soon. I'm not sure there could be rumors for another Super Loop (30M similar to SFGAM's one) will aheading to Metropolis section behind Justice League building in 2019 or 2020/2021...or by 2020 came, maybe there will be two additions: 30M Super Loop and RMC Raptor coming to SFGadv.

Six Flags won't add a coaster and a superloop in the same year most likely. In 2020 the park should add a set of small family rides then add a new coaster in 2021. 

22 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

What was the other complaint?

It was actually extremely rough. It's the only topper track RMC I've been on, so I'm not sure if it's the track or the age/maintenance. Out of my 6 RMCs, it's dead last.

11 hours ago, DropDeadFuzy said:

Six Flags won't add a coaster and a superloop in the same year most likely. In 2020 the park should add a set of small family rides then add a new coaster in 2021. 

2020 could be a coaster year (RMC Raptor) but 2021 might be for kiddie area expansion and park improving:

2020:

RMC Raptor (custom) (I hear rumors some RMC workers are in the park last year I think)

Possibility 30M Super Loop themed to the Flash or Lex Luthor in Metropolis section near by Justice League and Cyborg or

Skywarp Eclipse

2021:

Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends (replacing Safari Kids and Looney Tunes Seaport)

Park Improving:

-Repaint Nitro, Batman, Log Flume, Runaway Mine Train and Superman

-LED Lights on Big Wheel

-Fix and rebuild pathways

-Returning of original park background music (Frontier Adventures, Lakefront, Movietown, Boardwalk, Main Street, Fantasy Forest, Adventure Alley, Bugs Bunny ----National Park, Bugs Bunny Boomtown, etc...)

-Better repaving parking lots

-New Shows

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

2020-Bugs Bunny Boomtown, DC Super Friends (remains of Seaport), in-park improvements, Swashbuckler relocated to El Diablo spot (El Lazo, Lasso)

2021-RMC single Rail coaster and new Entrance (a raptor, but Gatekeeper-esque), parking lot repaved

2022-Lex Luthor Invertatron (30M Loop) replaces Twister, Super Girl (Gen 2 enterprise across from Cyborg)

2023-Air Jumbo and Raja's Rickshaws relocated to Zumajaro path, Bucaneer rethemed to Killer Croc, New flat in Swashbuckler/Air Jumbo area (Horizon-Two-Face: The Flip Side)

2025-Bugaboo removed in off season, Jolly Roger relocated next to Safari Tours (with the Jungleland rides out, should fit), Skull Mountain and Safari Kids area rethemed, Water Park year

21 minutes ago, Pineracer said:

2020-Bugs Bunny Boomtown, DC Super Friends (remains of Seaport), in-park improvements, Swashbuckler relocated to El Diablo spot (El Lazo, Lasso)

2021-RMC single Rail coaster and new Entrance (a raptor, but Gatekeeper-esque), parking lot repaved

2022-Lex Luthor Invertatron (30M Loop) replaces Twister, Super Girl (Gen 2 enterprise across from Cyborg)

2023-Air Jumbo and Raja's Rickshaws relocated to Zumajaro path, Bucaneer rethemed to Killer Croc, New flat in Swashbuckler/Air Jumbo area (Horizon-Two-Face: The Flip Side)

2025-Bugaboo removed in off season, Jolly Roger relocated next to Safari Tours (with the Jungleland rides out, should fit), Skull Mountain and Safari Kids area rethemed, Water Park year

But according to the rumors, the park president said "Tallest, Fastest, Steel" 2020 coaster was been teased last September. A 2020 coaster could be tallest, fastest, steel RMC Raptor?

On 1/23/2019 at 7:58 AM, Six Flags FUN! said:

2020 could be a coaster year (RMC Raptor) but 2021 might be for kiddie area expansion and park improving:

2020:

RMC Raptor (custom) (I hear rumors some RMC workers are in the park last year I think)

Possibility 30M Super Loop themed to the Flash or Lex Luthor in Metropolis section near by Justice League and Cyborg or

Skywarp Eclipse

2021:

Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends (replacing Safari Kids and Looney Tunes Seaport)

Park Improving:

-Repaint Nitro, Batman, Log Flume, Runaway Mine Train and Superman

-LED Lights on Big Wheel

-Fix and rebuild pathways

-Returning of original park background music (Frontier Adventures, Lakefront, Movietown, Boardwalk, Main Street, Fantasy Forest, Adventure Alley, Bugs Bunny ----National Park, Bugs Bunny Boomtown, etc...)

-Better repaving parking lots

-New Shows

I used to think that a Cartoon Network themed land would be a great idea to take over Wiggle World/Safari Kids, but DC Super Friends would be a huge hit. The only problem is the GP would get confused between the two superhero areas, but if people figure out that the Cyborg/JL area is Metropolis there wouldn't be a problem.

5 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

But according to the rumors, the park president said "Tallest, Fastest, Steel" 2020 coaster was been teased last September. A 2020 coaster could be tallest, fastest, steel RMC Raptor?

You might get your RMC Raptor in 2020 at Deno’s Wonder Wheel.  It is one of the options being considered.

https://old.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/afwwek/advice_on_new_coaster/

21 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

You might get your RMC Raptor in 2020 at Deno’s Wonder Wheel.  It is one of the options being considered.

https://old.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/afwwek/advice_on_new_coaster/

I was talking about Great Adventure, Medusa42. I think Deno's Wonder Wheel could get a different coaster than RMC. Maybe S&S or something.

Great Adventure could get RMC Raptor in 2020, but Deno's Wonder Wheel could get S&S launch coaster or something than RMC.

But I can see Vekoma Family Boomerang to be added in 2020.

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

Six Flags Over Texas is adding some new entertainment in 2019.  Splash! Water Parade has six interactive floats that will run twice daily from July 8th - August 4th.  I could see this showing up at other parks in the chain if it proves successful.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1975946689127566&set=gm.1930121453781749&type=3&theater&ifg=1

50628585_1975946695794232_22262545808642

Picture posted by Richard Shilhanek on the Texas Thrill Seekers facebook group.

It looks like Georgia Scorcher is being painted white.  I wonder if the ride is getting a new name.

14 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

It looks like Georgia Scorcher is being painted white.  I wonder if the ride is getting a new name.

^ I wonder Great Adventure would repaint Superman and Batman (possiblity this year or next year) in near future probably with Nitro too?

4 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

It's about time. The Scorcher was starting to look pretty gross. I'm curious about the potential re-theme as well. 

It really needed it. I'm guessing the white is primer for a new coat of yellow. When BTR at Great Adventure was painted yellow it got a coat of white primer.

1 hour ago, GAcoaster said:

It really needed it. I'm guessing the white is primer for a new coat of yellow. When BTR at Great Adventure was painted yellow it got a coat of white primer.

The white primer usually means a new color from what I have observed with other coasters but I could always be wrong. 

Here is confirmation of The Flash retheme and DC Universe coming to Discovery Kingdom.

https://www.sixflags.com/landing-page-block-type/landing-page-blurbs

About Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Language Undefined

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom is the Thrill Capital of Northern California. Open year round (weekends and special holidays, and daily summer hours), the park features over 40 rides and attractions including 11 thrilling roller coasters, kid play areas and unique wildlife presentations, animal exhibits and programs.

New for 2019 Features

Language English

BATMAN: The Ride may be the headlining act of our newest area but we're also unveiling the reimagined guest-favorite -- THE FLASH: Vertical Velocity. There's no shortage of thrills and excitement in DC UNIVERSE.