Sign in to follow this  
Six Flags FUN!

Six Flags Additions for 2019

man i wish we get this makeover for bugs bunny national park and seaport in great adventure next 

Edited by harry2004
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

^ To me, it doesn’t look like an attractive ride.  Kind of awkward looking. 

You can't judge a book that's not finished

Here is a good video that shows all of the progress made on Maxx Force throughout the week. I am guessing the ride will open during the second or third week of June.

Maxx Force is finally testing.  Also, the Scenic Railway will not open this season, but will reopen next season.

HOW WILL WEST COAST RACERS EVER BE FINISHED BY AUGUST?!  WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE NOW? (coughs) Sorry, it's just that SFMM will probably open ride in September/October.

Yes, and they are open 365 days a year, so people will come to ride it whenever it's open. 

5 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

Yes, and they are open 365 days a year, so people will come to ride it whenever it's open. 

I've seen this argument before, plus comparing it to how Disney/Universal operates. Difference is that Six Flags still makes a lot of business off Season Passes, meaning a lot of customers purchased 2019 passes under the promise of this new ride. So it's going to be quite pathetic, and a major hit to reputation and customer service, if SF starts selling 2020 passes before their 2019 ride opens. Are they going to announce their 2020 addition before 2019 is open?

10 hours ago, Matt Kaiser said:

I've seen this argument before, plus comparing it to how Disney/Universal operates. Difference is that Six Flags still makes a lot of business off Season Passes, meaning a lot of customers purchased 2019 passes under the promise of this new ride. So it's going to be quite pathetic, and a major hit to reputation and customer service, if SF starts selling 2020 passes before their 2019 ride opens. Are they going to announce their 2020 addition before 2019 is open?

When they start planning 2020 additions, Dubai was going to be opening at the end of 2019 and didn't have Dairan Lake or Frontier City. Its possible that Dairan Lake and Frontier City had no plans for 2020 and just send whatever Magic Mountain was supposed to get to another park (if it was an Endevour, it will probably go to SFNE) and just promote as the NEW for 2020 and then do a more focus on general park improvements

Dubai has little to no bearing on the other Six Flags parks since it was a licensing deal, unless the company who was building the park had already ordered rides (doubtful).  

Darrien Lake and Frontier City a both being run by Six Flags but are not owned by Six Flags, so they have different financial arrangements and obligations. I would guess they will be seeing more "off the shelf" additions. 

10 minutes ago, GAcoaster said:

Dubai has little to no bearing on the other Six Flags parks since it was a licensing deal, unless the company who was building the park had already ordered rides (doubtful).  

Darrien Lake and Frontier City a both being run by Six Flags but are not owned by Six Flags, so they have different financial arrangements and obligations. I would guess they will be seeing more "off the shelf" additions. 

I saw a video of the Dubai park that shows track for the Mack Power Splash and another coaster on site and you can see the completed footers for a S&S 4D Free Spin on Google Earth.  DXB Entertainments is planning to install 10-12 of the rides at the Motiongate and Bollywood parks.  It’s possible Six Flags could purchase a ride if DXB doesn’t want it, but that seems unlikely to happen.

Frontier City appears to be getting something large (coaster?) that also uses the old Nightmare Mine coaster building.