Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

On 12/5/2018 at 12:38 PM, Tower said:

While I’ve been saying that I would really

love to see a game changing coaster come to the park, it doesn’t mean I want to see an RMC or S&S (the ladder is awful in my opinion) 

This on the other hand would be absolutely perfect for our park and can definitely fill the void that Roller Thunder left behind: 

https://youtu.be/oPEOiKk0YGs

Yes, adding a ladder would be an awful idea lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pineracer said:

Yes, adding a ladder would be an awful idea lol

Seems that whenever I make a post on here someone has to critique it, I never win!

• Haha 1

So I watching Eastern Thrills latest video today on YouTube and found this great idea:

It says:

"Ride along the tallest, fastest, and longest single rail in the world at Six Flags Great Adventure! Taking you up at dizzying heights, breathtaking drops, and adrenaline pumping speeds in 2020! * This is just a concept of what I hope Six Flags Great Adventure would get in 2020! RMC Has been teased at ACE Events and “Tall, Fast, and Steel” has been teased by the park themselves. I am overall Excited for the parks future, and seeing what they have up their sleeves!"

I know this is from Planet Coaster, that coaster is RMC T-Rex, not RMC Raptor. So Planet Coaster did not have RMC Raptor DLC yet, maybe next year. But it would

be great for 2020's new coaster at Great Adventure. Looks like Eastern Thrills use his idea to put RMC Raptor by El Toro or remove Dare Devil Dive and put Dare Devil Dive for new spot next to Green Lantern, and put 200ft RMC Raptor on Dare Devil Dive's old spot for 2020.

I don't know there might be 2020 RMC Raptor Great Adventure rumors around here on the internet.

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

Now we are in 2019, don't ya think we will get new coaster in 2020. Any clue what "Tall, Fast, and Steel" mention from the event last year could be RMC Raptor for 2020 at Great Adventure?

Most likely a coaster, personally would love a GCI out and back woodie. However what they really need is more water rides. I've been saying it for years, but a splash battle would be awesome in the boardwalk. Tear down the old 4D theatre and remove the go carts. 

What about the Aqua Twist? that's probably as close as we're going to get, could put one next to Batman's Entrance either themed to The Penguin or Mr. Freeze (that's what happened to Discovery Kingdom's one when Joker opened), or put it in Swashbuckler's spot and use the Aqua Twist/Tsunami Soaker name and put Swashbuckler in El Diablo's spot and rename it El Sombero or Huracán (Hurricane).

2021: remove Twister (before start of season), Gravity Group or GCI Family Coaster called Pequeño Toro (Little Bull) behind what was Swashbuckler, El Toro retracking

2022: Seaport -> DC Super Friends, National Park -> Boomtown, Safari Kids/Skull Mountain becomes it's own area

2023: Zamperla Endeavor (Supergirl, in old Enterprise spot), Water Park Expansion

2024: RMC T-Rex replaces Go-karts, new gate (first to get new gate, most parks would do the same through 2035). I was thinking the Simulator building could be reused as the station and the lift can be on the Dare Devil Dive side of Boardwalk.

I do see the Boardwalk and Golden Kingdom being the focus for a few years in the next decade because I don't think Six Flags would hesitate to remove Kingda Ka and Zumajaro if Cedar Point removes Dragstar (which is on prime real estate). I say both will get to their 20th's, but not their 30th's.

A new out and back GCI would fit into the lineup perfectly! If Great Adventure gets a coaster, this would definitely be my top choice. However, I'd really like to see a family ride or two added next year along with some new landscaping/park-wide maintenance. The park has been getting lots of thrilling attractions over the past 5 years, so it'd be really great to see something family oriented. 

On 2/16/2019 at 3:49 PM, p_loots said:

A new out and back GCI would fit into the lineup perfectly! If Great Adventure gets a coaster, this would definitely be my top choice. However, I'd really like to see a family ride or two added next year along with some new landscaping/park-wide maintenance. The park has been getting lots of thrilling attractions over the past 5 years, so it'd be really great to see something family oriented. 

I think they should focus on a family area in 2021, as we are overdue for a new coaster. I'm thinking a DC Super Friends or Bugs Bunny Boomtown area would be the best two choices, but a Teen Titans Go area would appeal to kid a whole lot.

I've thought about putting a Junior Invert in where Road Runner is (and putting Road Runner in and make a third entrance to Bugs Bunny National Park/Bugs Bunny Boomtown). The name I have is Green Lantern First Flight, could also go with Supergirl.

TTGC.jpg

10 hours ago, ZachMan said:

I think they should focus on a family area in 2021, as we are overdue for a new coaster. I'm thinking a DC Super Friends or Bugs Bunny Boomtown area would be the best two choices, but a Teen Titans Go area would appeal to kid a whole lot.

The last coaster we got was The Joker in 2016, and that was only 3 years ago. Most parks in the chain go much longer than that without a coaster. Great Adventure's last coaster before Joker was Green Lantern in 2011. However, a coaster is definitely still a possibility for 2020. I think it'd be really cool if Six Flags utilized their license with Warner Bros to create a Cartoon Network kids/family area as opposed to simply a Bugs Bunny or DC area (most likely not going to happen though). 

10 hours ago, p_loots said:

I think it'd be really cool if Six Flags utilized their license with Warner Bros to create a Cartoon Network kids/family area as opposed to simply a Bugs Bunny or DC area (most likely not going to happen though). 

Interesting articles on the licensing deal - https://themeparkuniversity.com/theme-parks-101/why-cant-six-flags-up-their-warner-brothers-theming-budget/

In short, ROI isn't worth it and WB has to sign off on *any* usage.  The parks cannot just do as they please with the WB's IP.

28 minutes ago, Lemur said:

Interesting articles on the licensing deal - https://themeparkuniversity.com/theme-parks-101/why-cant-six-flags-up-their-warner-brothers-theming-budget/

In short, ROI isn't worth it and WB has to sign off on *any* usage.  The parks cannot just do as they please with the WB's IP.

Thanks for the additional info! I'll admit, cartoon network idea was a fairly lofty one.