Jump to content
Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Recommended Posts

Due to King Cobra being removed, I am thinking it’s going to be a dry park and water park year.  So I am going with either a flat ride (Zamperla Endeavour) & Proslide RocketBlast/Flying Saucer water coaster or kids areas revamp & Proslide RocketBlast/Flying Saucer water coaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

Due to King Cobra being removed, I am thinking it’s going to be a dry park and water park year.  So I am going with either a flat ride (Zamperla Endeavour) & Proslide RocketBlast/Flying Saucer water coaster or kids areas revamp & Proslide RocketBlast/Flying Saucer water coaster.

Dude, we just have Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth (Giant Discovery)...we're getting a new coaster in 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Dude, we just have Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth (Giant Discovery)...we're getting a new coaster in 2020.

What is the source besides statements saying the addition will be "tall?"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Dude, we just have Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth (Giant Discovery)...we're getting a new coaster in 2020.

the-dude.jpg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

Due to King Cobra being removed, I am thinking it’s going to be a dry park and water park year.  So I am going with either a flat ride (Zamperla Endeavour) & Proslide RocketBlast/Flying Saucer water coaster or kids areas revamp & Proslide RocketBlast/Flying Saucer water coaster.

You can plan a ride in 2 years, but did they?

 

Park does need and Enterprise. I did mention earlier about calling it El Sombero and put it next to El Diablo (I don't think anything is going to be safe inside the first turn after El Toro's second hill)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Who's gonna win for 2020 theme park competition?
1) Six Flags Great Adventure

2) Dorneypark

3) Hersheypark

4) Legoland New York

5) American Dream Meadowlands

 

My bet is Great Adventure will won because there's a rumor there will be new coaster, and it will be tallest and fastest coaster in the world. What are you think guys?

 

Dorney? They will probably be closed by 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2018 at 3:33 PM, Tower said:

While flats are good and we could definitely use more, we’ve been blessed with the amount of flats we’ve received over the past few years and it would likely suite us better to add something different for 2020, whether it be a kids expansion, coaster, or just cleaning up the park.

 

That being said, people in this thread seem to be glancing over the fact it was announced that next year’s attraction would be very tall, once again this is a speculation thread and not a fantasy thread.

 

Think you missed the point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i doubt they put dorney park for sale,

they could add a wooden coaster there

i rather want paramount to still own kings island so cedar fair could focus on dorney park better

Edited by harry2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where on Earth did you get the idea Dorney would close? I actually chuckled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i guess he listen to too much geauga lake videos

Edited by harry2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2018 at 3:52 PM, Six Flags FUN! said:

Who's gonna win for 2020 theme park competition?
1) Six Flags Great Adventure

2) Dorneypark

3) Hersheypark

4) Legoland New York

5) American Dream Meadowlands

 

My bet is Great Adventure will won because there's a rumor there will be new coaster, and it will be tallest and fastest coaster in the world. What are you think guys?

Ok dude, Six flags doesn't have the money to do that anymore. Like Maxx Force and West Coast racers is probably the most they'll spend in awhile. Plus Tall and Steel could easily mean a flat ride. Your whole Trex idea is too expensive for Six Flags probably. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, um, according to comments on some videos on Youtube, RMC T-Rex won't be ready for until 2020, then they will open for sale until 2021, so we might getting Premier Rides launch coaster similar to West Coast Racers in 2020, RMC T-Rex might probably coming between 2023 and 2024. Kiddie Area Revamp along with Hurricane Harbor expansion will coming in 2021. Or we might getting Kids Area Revamp in 2020, then we are getting first RMC T-Rex in 2021, then we're getting Skywarp Eclipse and Zamperla Endeavour in 2022, there will be park improving (repaint Superman and Batman, more new pathways, repaint Runaway Train, full refix Log Flume, new plants, rename Bizzaro to Medusa, new shows, and more along with some Family Rides in 2023, in 2024 dueling Premier Rides launch coaster will make debut for the park's 50th anniversary and finally 2025, a new flat ride will be debut.

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Well, um, according to comments on some videos on Youtube, RMC T-Rex won't be ready for until 2020, then they will open for sale until 2021, so we might getting Premier Rides launch coaster similar to West Coast Racers in 2020, RMC T-Rex might probably coming between 2023 and 2024. Kiddie Area Revamp along with Hurricane Harbor expansion will coming in 2021. Or we might getting Kids Area Revamp in 2020, then we are getting first RMC T-Rex in 2021, then we're getting Skywarp Eclipse and Zamperla Endeavour in 2022, there will be park improving (repaint Superman and Batman, more new pathways, repaint Runaway Train, full refix Log Flume, new plants, rename Bizzaro to Medusa, new shows, and more along with some Family Rides in 2023, in 2024 dueling Premier Rides launch coaster will make debut for the park's 50th anniversary and finally 2025, a new flat ride will be debut.

You using the Youtube comment section as a source shows how you take any as a reliable source when they are not. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Well, um, according to comments on some videos on Youtube, RMC T-Rex won't be ready for until 2020, then they will open for sale until 2021, so we might getting Premier Rides launch coaster similar to West Coast Racers in 2020, RMC T-Rex might probably coming between 2023 and 2024. Kiddie Area Revamp along with Hurricane Harbor expansion will coming in 2021. Or we might getting Kids Area Revamp in 2020, then we are getting first RMC T-Rex in 2021, then we're getting Skywarp Eclipse and Zamperla Endeavour in 2022, there will be park improving (repaint Superman and Batman, more new pathways, repaint Runaway Train, full refix Log Flume, new plants, rename Bizzaro to Medusa, new shows, and more along with some Family Rides in 2023, in 2024 dueling Premier Rides launch coaster will make debut for the park's 50th anniversary and finally 2025, a new flat ride will be debut.

Taking rumors from YouTube comments is like getting banking advice from the school playground.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think most of us will agree that Six Flags is a business and as such operates to make a profit. It really doesn't matter what other parks in the area do or get, people will still go to Great Adventure whether they build a record breaking coaster, put in a generic flat ride or do nothing. With the opening of the new sports center right next door in the future, the attendance at the park will probably increase anyway.

In my opinion, the next coaster (whenever that may be) should be a family type "stepping-stone'" like Rolling Thunder was, kids can't go from Skull Mountain or Dark Knight to El Toro.

Also, I would bet anybody that the first T-rex (whenever or if it's ever built) will go to a Cedar Fair Park, probably Cedar Point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, coliwood_studios said:

I think most of us will agree that Six Flags is a business and as such operates to make a profit. It really doesn't matter what other parks in the area do or get, people will still go to Great Adventure whether they build a record breaking coaster, put in a generic flat ride or do nothing. With the opening of the new sports center right next door in the future, the attendance at the park will probably increase anyway.

In my opinion, the next coaster (whenever that may be) should be a family type "stepping-stone'" like Rolling Thunder was, kids can't go from Skull Mountain or Dark Knight to El Toro.

Also, I would bet anybody that the first T-rex (whenever or if it's ever built) will go to a Cedar Fair Park, probably Cedar Point. 

Agree on the coaster like rolling thunder. 

 

Youhave a Destination Park 2 hours and 15 minutes away making a Major Expansion, a new Destination Park opening 2 hours away that will be there largest on Earth and a Destination Park opening 1 hour away. Six Flags Built the Outlets years ago which was Great, but they missed the Boat on adding a Indoor Water Park and Hotel. Great Adventure is still a Day Trip Park, not a Destination Park.

Edited by TylerRRC1972
Puncuwation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if they build the hotel, it possibly be like the great escape hotel, and the former gas station could be the perfect spot for it

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TepidShorttermCirriped-small.gif

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, harry2004 said:

if they build the hotel, it possibly be like the great escape hotel, and the former gas station could be the perfect spot for it

My first thought when you said that was the Wawa across the road, but i think their is gas station within property, but i though the park used that for their own vehicles (you know, like golf carts and backstage vehicles). Then again it is closer to HH and the park itself. 

 

Because of the aforementioned spot, i wonder if a bridge that leads to a hotel guest only entrance to HH would be feasible, you'd still need a tram to get to the park itself.

 

As for a skywarp/eclipse/etc, put it in Golden Kingdom where Splashwater Oasis is and call  it Twisted Dragons (not Looping Dragon). I also don't about making a path from Ka to El Toro's exit. Because you could build one w/o removing Splashwater Oasis if you didn't build that path. This is obviously if Six Flags wants more to begin with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wait, i thought you saying that all skywarps plans has scrapped because of problems with the one discovery kingdom

Edited by harry2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, harry2004 said:

wait, i thought you saying that all skywarps plans has scrapped because of problems with the one discovery kingdom

I did say that, but I didn't confirm a source, I still don't think it's likely, but more likely than a T-rex in my opinion (10% vs 2%). I'm putting my money the Kings Island (either T-Rex or giga) or Carowinds getting the T-Rex (even if Wicked Twister bites the dust, I don't think CP can build supports in Lake Erie).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well since china know for the dragons, and golden kingdom is themed to asia, my guess we get something like seaworld california getting

Edited by harry2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, harry2004 said:

well since china know for the dragons, and golden kingdom is themed to asia, my guess we get something like seaworld california getting

What do China and Dragons have to do with Skywarp Horizons?  That sentence made no sense at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mr.Six said:

What do China and Dragons have to do with Skywarp Horizons?  That sentence made no sense at all.

pineracer tell me about his plan for golden kingdom

Edited by harry2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2018 at 11:12 PM, harry2004 said:

if they build the hotel, it possibly be like the great escape hotel, and the former gas station could be the perfect spot for it

Footprint is way too small for that, plus they'd have to remediate the land due to the underground fuel tanks.  Only thing they can really do on that site is put in another gas station or remediate the land back to grassy lawn.  

 

12 hours ago, harry2004 said:

well since china know for the dragons, and golden kingdom is themed to asia, my guess we get something like seaworld california getting

You mean a Sky Rocket II?  Nice little compact coaster that is proving very popular with the Bush Gardens/Sea World parks.  I wouldn't mind seeing one of them in the Golden Kingdom at all.  Maybe a Screamin' Swing as well just to round it out a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×