Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

On 6/16/2019 at 5:58 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Let me add to the rumor mill.  How about a renewed kiddie area and a major addition for 2020?  The rides towards the rear portion of Looney Tunes Seaport could easily be relocated to the Safari Kids area especially with the former Safari Tours site (see below).  That would free up a large plot of land as seen in yellow.  The yellow area represents already developed land that wouldn't require much leveling of trees (something about which Jackson is sensitive).

2020 copy.jpg

To better visualize how much space this is and what could fit there, I took an image of Green Lantern at the same scale, flipped it, and made it semi-transparent.

KdKxNXh.png

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

To better visualize how much space this is and what could fit there, I took an image of Green Lantern at the same scale, flipped it, and made it semi-transparent.

KdKxNXh.png

Great job! That really puts the size of the area into perspective.

I'm sure something tall, fast and steel will fit there!

Edited by coliwood_studios

It would be interesting to see a multi-launch coaster similar to Taiga, but built by S&S instead of Intamin.  The new trains and track design used on Maxx Force/Steel Curtain looks great.

7 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

It would be interesting to see a multi-launch coaster similar to Taiga, but built by S&S instead of Intamin.  The new trains and track design used on Maxx Force/Steel Curtain looks great.

@Medusa42 Could you do an overlay to scale of Soaring With Dragons over this plot of land to see how it would fit? I think it would be interesting to see how it could fit into this area.

(I linked the google map of the area)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Binhu+Yujia,+Baohe+Qu,+Hefei+Shi,+Anhui+Sheng,+China,+231203/@31.695591,117.295391,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x35cb5c6a40fa6bfd:0x6e06f967864c29a9

^It's a bit too big, they would have to change the Dragon portion of the layout, unless they were able to go the other direction over the lake.  That does look like an awesome coaster.

fWCjS86.png

Well rest in piece lol 😂. Still awesome to see that you could fit in a multi launch if you just modify the layout a bit! 

1 minute ago, Matt Kaiser said:

Is the world's tallest and fastest kiddie coaster a thing?

Lol who knows 😂 

8 minutes ago, Matt Kaiser said:

Is the world's tallest and fastest kiddie coaster a thing?

Bugaboo's Revenge!

• Haha 5

On 6/19/2019 at 8:17 AM, Six Flags FUN! said:

I can see medium-sized RMC Raptor (customized) to build on that yellow spot.

New game: take a shot for every time this dude mentions a Raptor. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GASM said:

New game: take a shot for every time this dude mentions a Raptor. 

Looks like I have alcohol poisoning. 

45 minutes ago, Zash said:

Looks like I have alcohol poisoning. 

Yeah, on second thought, I’d rather not have this entire forum die. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, eltoroperson said:

In my opinion,there will most likely be an Rmc T. rex.

Zero chance of that happening.  Watch some Alan Schilke interviews from IAAPA and you will understand why.

14 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

Zero chance of that happening.  Watch some Alan Schilke interviews from IAAPA and you will understand why.

^Most likely to be customized RMC Raptor than RMC T-Rex, Alan Schilke told there will be more Raptors anyways.

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

On 6/22/2019 at 1:44 PM, Six Flags FUN! said:

^Most likely to be customized RMC Raptor than RMC T-Rex, Alan Schilke told there will be more Raptors anyways.

I would love to know what has you so hooked on the idea that Great Adventure must get a customized Raptor. And that if it isn't a Raptor, it's bad. Why Raptor? Why not an Ibox which are usually better in every aspect. Believe it or not, there are other better rides than a Raptor. And saying that it "most likely," "may be," and "must be" a raptor is getting repetitive when there is absolutely no factual proof that a raptor is coming to Great Adventure besides someone hoping there will be one. 

• Like 3

Personally I think we (should) get a 2020 coaster like something along the lines of a west coast racers since we had 2 dueling b+r chiller and rolling thunder so it would make sense.

with a 2020 coaster I say 2021 kids area expansion and general improvements

now this is where it’s foggy in 22,23,24,25

In no specific order

GCI wooden

Rmc Raptor/trex probably trex since it will be in development

flat ride(s)

HH improvement/expansion 

What if All the got was a Ferris wheel and named it T-Rex the Wheel ...

would that make you happy? 

On 6/22/2019 at 1:44 PM, Six Flags FUN! said:

Another round on me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So next month is Six Flags 2020 Announcet for new additions so most likely we will finally get new coaster since 2006. Not like 2008's The Dark Knight Coaster, 2011's Green Lantern and 2016's the Joker. I think final guess is between RMC Raptor or Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coaster. Is anyone else guess final predictions for 2020 addition yet?

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

3 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

So next month is Six Flags 2020 Announcet for new additions so most likely we will finally get new coaster since 2006. Not like 2008's The Dark Knight Coaster, 2011's Green Lantern and 2016's the Joker. I think final guess is between RMC Raptor or Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coaster. Is anyone else guess final predictions for 2020 addition yet?

“We’re getting our first coaster since 2006, excluding the three new coasters we’ve gotten since 2006.”

• Haha 1

It seems like the three multi-million dollar coasters to have come to Great Adventure were not good enough given that it only costs a couple hundred at the most to visit the park for an entire year. If it must be a "customized raptor" only, put up the millions of dollars to build the ride yourself.

-Dark Knight is a good family coaster (despite being a clone, they were technically all built to open 2008, as Mexico's was intended for SFNE)

-Green Lantern was relocated from Kentucky Kingdom, so that is fair not being a "NEW" coaster

-Joker I feel was a waste of money, I would rather the park use their theaters for more than cheerleaders and Fright Fest (in terms of family/Teen-young adult crowd content)

Regardless, those were all new coasters at Great Adventure.  You can’t say it has been X years since a coaster I like was installed.  Personal opinions don’t matter as far as the park’s timeline of additions is concerned. 

• Like 1

^And two of the three were brand new coasters despite being clones. So the comment is just wrong all together.