Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

12 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I still 100% chance Great Adventure will get a coaster next year.

I wonder who your odds maker is. I don't think he/she would last  long in the sports betting field.

2 minutes ago, scott said:

I wonder who your odds maker is. I don't think he/she would last  long in the sports betting field.

I am male okay? I just want Great Adventure to get a new coaster next year.

Just because you want something doesn't mean there is a 100% chance of it happening 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I am male okay? I just want Great Adventure to get a new coaster next year.

OK.

I wasn't trying to be insulting. I wasn't saying you came up with the 100%. I assume you are hearing this from someone.  I just didn't know what "I still 100% chance..." meant. Maybe it is I am still hearing from my sources that there is a 100% chance.... or maybe it was I still believe there is a 100% chance......  Your posts leave a lot of blanks to fill in for interpretation.

I think our park needs a lot of new editions that would really benefit it positively. If we get at least one of these I will be a happy. Either a new custom coaster, HH expansion, kids area updates and adding more immersion to the safari. If we get these updates starting next year and over the next couple of years it will round out the parks.

You guys probably already touched on this,  so i apologize in advance if it sounds a tad repetitive, but on Wednesday I was at the park and heard rumors of survey flags back behind Seaport and Congo so I rode Congo Rapids and right about midway through the ride when your deepest in the woods you can see about 2 or 3 flags behind where one of the operators sit. Hopefully this a sign of something major AND a refurbishment of our god awful kids area (hate to say it but its true)

50 minutes ago, MitchCaltabiano said:

You guys probably already touched on this,  so i apologize in advance if it sounds a tad repetitive, but on Wednesday I was at the park and heard rumors of survey flags back behind Seaport and Congo so I rode Congo Rapids and right about midway through the ride when your deepest in the woods you can see about 2 or 3 flags behind where one of the operators sit. Hopefully this a sign of something major AND a refurbishment of our god awful kids area (hate to say it but its true)

^ Or a new major coaster to replace Looney Tunes Seaport next year if I was correct. Safari Kids should rethemed into Bugs Bunny Boomtown in 2021 well as DC Super Friends kids area will be added near by Justice League and Cyborg too. We need a new major coaster since 2006's El Toro guys. Or it would be fun if there will be two 2020 additions next year: Bugs Bunny Boomtown (replaces Safari Kids) and New Coaster (replaces old Looney Tunes Seaport).

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

2 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

^ Or a new major coaster to replace Looney Tunes Seaport next year if I was correct. Safari Kids should rethemed into Bugs Bunny Boomtown in 2021 well as DC Super Friends kids area will be added near by Justice League and Cyborg too. We need a new major coaster since 2006's El Toro guys. Or it would be fun if there will be two 2020 additions next year: Bugs Bunny Boomtown (replaces Safari Kids) and New Coaster (replaces old Looney Tunes Seaport).

1. Even though Green Lantern is a relocation, I consider it a Major/top coaster for the park, Dark Knight and Joker are good supporting coasters
  2. I was thinking of relocating Safari Kids and Air Jumbo over by Kingda Ka and Zumajaro and then put DC Super Friends in the remaining former Old Country space (Maps is outdated and I have yet to go down that path so correct me if there is only enough room for an enterprise). That is definitely not going to happen, but you could probably fit a West Coast Racers there and it would work a lot better there as you could retheme into the Screampunk District, add a few flats (Pandemonium-Zamperla Energy Storm, add Deja Vu, Mind Eraser-Unicoaster).
    • I was thinking about a Zamperla Endevour for Movie Town/Metropolis/DC Universe and a Chance Freestyle and the next major coaster for Plaza Del Carnival

3 hours ago, MitchCaltabiano said:

@MitchCaltabiano Do you remember what color the flags you saw were?

3 hours ago, EasternThrills said:

@MitchCaltabiano Do you remember what color the flags you saw were?

pink, and also there are pink survey markings on the ground specifically where the train was supposed to be built.

Has anyone else heard about the 2020 announcements being pushed back until October due to West Coast Racers opening late?

3 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

Has anyone else heard about the 2020 announcements being pushed back until October due to West Coast Racers opening late?

No. Where’d you hear this from? 

2 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

Nope.  Magic Mountain did their announcement on their own last year.  Let them do that again if it has to be later.  

They do that before Labor Day weekend to kick off the season pass and membership buying season. I don’t think they would delay the money stream.  

4 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Magic Mountain did their announcement on their own last year.  Let them do that again if it has to be later.  

I agree, I don’t want the announcements delayed either.  With the membership model in place, I am not sure the Labor Day sale is as important as it was in the past.

6 hours ago, EasternThrills said:

Where’d you hear this from? 

A member of the media that was at a recent ride opening.  It seems odd, which is why I asked if anyone else heard about a 2020 announcement delay.

On 7/6/2019 at 5:51 PM, Six Flags FUN! said:

Ah, my favorite, most credible source. Youtubers. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

^That are using a free demo software to boot.  Not saying that coaster isn’t getting sent to LaRonde but it won’t be called Green Lantern First Flight either. 

The video will premiere in four hours so it will be up at 1:30 PM. so what you think predictions will be for Six Flags parks?

3 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

The video will premiere in four hours so it will be up at 1:30 PM. so what you think predictions will be for Six Flags parks?

Here is what I think.... A majority of the times the predictions are wrong. The people making the prediction videos know just as much as someone who makes funnel cakes in the park. They don’t know anything. The predictions don’t provide any factual evidence which is why they call it a prediction. The people making these videos look for what would make the park better for them, not for the overall park itself. Our park needs a lot of things and what everyone is skipping over is that our kids areas have been neglected. With 2 new kids parks opening within an hour from the park an updated kids area is desperately needed. A family with 4 less than 8 year olds would probably rather go up to the new American dream or Legoland because the majority of the attractions are kid focused. I am not saying the entire park should be focused on kids. But, the parks lineup recently has been adding all thrill flats which has been attracting very rowdy groups in larger numbers. I know family members with young children who haven’t renewed their passes because the kids areas aren’t that good. Many parents don’t want to waste their time and money on something that is lackluster. I think if they don’t update their kids areas this year it would have been a missed opportunity.

Yeah Great Adventure most likely lost to American Dreams and Legoland in next year because most likely they will not get a kids area redo instead they will get a major coaster instead. 2021 Kids Area Expansion most likely now I think.

Can we make actual predictions instead of responding to the same dude over and over, thanks

On 6/16/2019 at 6:58 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Let me add to the rumor mill.  How about a renewed kiddie area and a major addition for 2020?  The rides towards the rear portion of Looney Tunes Seaport could easily be relocated to the Safari Kids area especially with the former Safari Tours site (see below).  That would free up a large plot of land as seen in yellow.  The yellow area represents already developed land that wouldn't require much leveling of trees (something about which Jackson is sensitive).

2020 copy.jpg

I honestly believe that what Harry “speculated” is a fantastic idea. The whole backend of the Seaport does indeed need refurbishment and with a new, high end addition to the back of the park that would attract guests to that area, it makes complete sense to refurbish the kids area and make it look nice and presentable and new. In that case it would both bring a new coaster to the park and refurbish the kids area. It was done in 2006 and hopefully this year as well. In 2021 then the park can hopefully focus on another kids refurbishment and shows, because the park badly needs to upgrade their shows and add at least two regularly operating shows. Being completely honest we probably have the worst show lineup out of all of the Six Flags and main parks in the country.

• Like 1