Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

5 hours ago, MitchCaltabiano said:

I honestly believe that what Harry “speculated” is a fantastic idea. The whole backend of the Seaport does indeed need refurbishment and with a new, high end addition to the back of the park that would attract guests to that area, it makes complete sense to refurbish the kids area and make it look nice and presentable and new. In that case it would both bring a new coaster to the park and refurbish the kids area. It was done in 2006 and hopefully this year as well. In 2021 then the park can hopefully focus on another kids refurbishment and shows, because the park badly needs to upgrade their shows and add at least two regularly operating shows. Being completely honest we probably have the worst show lineup out of all of the Six Flags and main parks in the country.

^ I agree with focus more shows. This needs new shows in next year or 2021. This is very sad for Great Adventure because other Six Flags parks still has shows going. Great Adventure needs more shows like Showcase Theater, Runaway Country, Batman Stunt Area, Bugs Bunny Wilderness Theater, etc...Great Adventure needs MORE shows come on! Also we need more meet & greet characters like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Supergirl, etc...

I really hate that I can't even come on these forums expecting a legit conversation anymore with every other post being barely English and/or a random YouTube prediction. I highly doubt Gadv is worried about Lego land in Upstate NY even affecting the park, and American Dream still has yet to open. Most likely, neither the new park or new mall affect the 2020 or even 2021 addition.

5 minutes ago, joeyc98 said:

I really hate that I can't even come on these forums expecting a legit conversation anymore with every other post being barely English and/or a random YouTube prediction. I highly doubt Gadv is worried about Lego land in Upstate NY even affecting the park, and American Dream still has yet to open. Most likely, neither the new park or new mall affect the 2020 or even 2021 addition.

Me too, I was going to worry right now too.

I don’t have the opportunity to go to the park for a little bit, so can anyone confirm or deny this? 

F32F1994-0068-48E2-BF7C-84756672624D.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Clearvue said:

I don’t have the opportunity to go to the park for a little bit, so can anyone confirm or deny this? 

Why would they make this map public? Not saying you’re wrong, but I see no reason why to tease this addition like that. 

2 hours ago, Zash said:

Why would they make this map public? Not saying you’re wrong, but I see no reason why to tease this addition like that. 

I agree with your thoughts on this, and since I’ve been unable to attend the park and won’t be able to attend, I figured I’d see if anyone could verify this mans claims. 

2 hours ago, Clearvue said:

I agree with your thoughts on this, and since I’ve been unable to attend the park and won’t be able to attend, I figured I’d see if anyone could verify this mans claims. 

Nah, I gotcha man. 

While we’re on this topic though, would it even be within the realm of possibility for what Harry was describing (major addition and kids renovation) to occur with a kiddie coaster as well? Or is that financially not gonna happen?

5 hours ago, Clearvue said:

I know exactly what this is as a supervisor told me, it’s in the guest relations building across from the coke refill station building. There is a park guest with special needs who adores the old kiddie train and everytime he comes in he brings in pictures of the kiddie train and it says 2020 because back when Fitzgerald was president he promised he’d bring it back in 2020. However, Fitzgerald is no longer president so who knows, but i can guarantee you that the 2020 addition will not just be a little kid train and if it returns there will be more. 

Also, has anyone else seen the survey flags behind Congo, as I saw during my last visit? I’d like to know if anyone saw any more.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zash said:

The map is literally just a clip art train cut out and pasted into the seaport area of the park. As i said earlier, a special needs guest brings in new pictures everytime he comes. I guess everyone really does have their favorite ride 

4 hours ago, Njdevl9500 said:

They bought Bowcrafts old roller coaster and are adding it to the kids area. You heard it here first

you have no evidence whatsoever but i’d laugh if this were true. Not a bad move at all cause this thing probably sold for a hot thousand dollars and it’s a decent kiddie coaster, but we’re gonna need some proof

5 hours ago, Njdevl9500 said:

They bought Bowcrafts old roller coaster and are adding it to the kids area. You heard it here first

How do you know? And who’d you hear it from?

Yeah, what could those colors mean 🤔🤔

54 minutes ago, Pineracer said:

Yeah, what could those colors mean 

1. Red indicates an electric power line, cables, conduit or lighting cables.
  2. Yellow indicates natural gas lines, oil, petroleum, steam or other gaseous and potentially flammable material.
  3. Orange is for telecommunication lines, cable TV and alarm or signal lines.
  4. Blue indicates drinkable water.
  5. Green is for sewers lines and drains.
  6. White is for proposed excavation routes and limits.
  7. Purple is for irrigation, reclaimed water 

Source: http://www.parkerflags.com/The-Importance-And-Meaning-Of-Construction-Marking-Flags-Blog.html

• Like 1

A lot of speculation points at a Premier, but of course that's just speculation, no proof, nothing.

And considering many of us get let down when we think Great Adventure will get a new coaster and they don't because Six Flags would rather focus on MM and GAm, I'm gonna go with a kids area revamp too.

It's much needed, and yes a coaster is needed too, I'm not sure why anyone could disagree that a park that is second in the chain with visitors and hasn't gotten a unique coaster since 2006 wouldn't need a new coaster, butttttt we probably won't just because Six Flags is too busy building up other parks. My guess is that Six Flags figures that since Great Adventure already pulls in so many people what's the need for new and exciting coasters?

So yeah considering that all those markers are by the kids area I'm gonna have to go with a Seaport revamp, and if it's a coaster, cool, I'd be happy with any coaster, and if its not then whatever, I don't expect much considering it's already been 13 years since El Toro.

8 minutes ago, Nitr0o said:

A lot of speculation points at a Premier, but of course that's just speculation, no proof, nothing.

And considering many of us get let down when we think Great Adventure will get a new coaster and they don't because Six Flags would rather focus on MM and GAm, I'm gonna go with a kids area revamp too.

It's much needed, and yes a coaster is needed too, I'm not sure why anyone could disagree that a park that is second in the chain with visitors and hasn't gotten a unique coaster since 2006 wouldn't need a new coaster, butttttt we probably won't just because Six Flags is too busy building up other parks. My guess is that Six Flags figures that since Great Adventure already pulls in so many people what's the need for new and exciting coasters?

So yeah considering that all those markers are by the kids area I'm gonna have to go with a Seaport revamp, and if it's a coaster, cool, I'd be happy with any coaster, and if its not then whatever, I don't expect much considering it's already been 13 years since El Toro.

Yeah but there is ONE major problem. Legoland New York and American Dreams will open soon I don't see kids area revamp anytime soon maybe in 2021. Next year needs add new coaster before kids area revamp. Maybe color markers might be for a new coaster I hope.

14 minutes ago, Nitr0o said:

It's possible they redo the kid's areas this year in order to free up the space for the next coaster.  I can't see Six Flags having the budget to do both projects in one year.  A kid's area is not a cheap addition and a coaster isn't cheap either.

Is anyone going to the planning board meeting on Monday?  I think the park would have to show up at Monday's meeting or one of the August meetings if a coaster is coming.  Great Adventure isn't on the agenda, but they have a habit of just showing up for meetings.

http://www.jacksontwpnj.net/documents/agendas/planning/2019/07-15-19.pdf

Speaking of competition from American Dream:

Here is the quote from the transcript of the Q2 2017 Earnings Call.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4090929-six-flags-entertainment-six-q2-2017-results-earnings-call-transcript

Christopher Prykull - Goldman Sachs & Co.

Great. And then Jim, you had mentioned earlier sort of one of the strengths of the amusement park space or the regional space is sort of limited capacity growth over the past 5 or 10 years. Is there any park or leisure projects that are either under way or potentially in the planning stages that you are keeping an eye on that could potentially have an impact on Six's attendance at existing parks?

James W. P. Reid-Anderson - Six Flags Entertainment Corp.

I have to tell you Chris, we keep an eye on everything, we watch. As a good managing team, it's our job to make sure we know what's going on in our local markets. Because the truth is that other theme parks are not really our competitors. There are other activities that provide an alternative for people who would come to theme parks. And our goal is to take that – we want as much a share of people's wallets as we can get. So there is nothing out there that is concerning us.

I will address head-on what I think is the source of your question which is there was a recently announced news that came out about some park opening in the Meadowlands (38:45). And the reality is that this project is in essence, a mall that happens to have a ski slope, a small kids' park and is absolutely not in competition with anything that we do at any of our parks including Great Adventure. Very small in scale, indoors, not comparable.

And I think it's remarkable if you pull up and you look at the last 20, 30 years, there hasn't been a successful new theme park that has opened in the whole United States at all. In fact, the ones that have opened have pretty much crumbled. So this market is as rock solid, bullet proof as it gets. And if there is someone coming at us, that will open up a park next door or close by, we'll have four to five years to be able to prepare for that. But there is zero on the horizon right now.

3 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

It's possible they redo the kid's areas this year in order to free up the space for the next coaster.  I can't see Six Flags having the budget to do both projects in one year.  A kid's area is not a cheap addition and a coaster isn't cheap either.

Is anyone going to the planning board meeting on Monday?  I think the park would have to show up at Monday's meeting or one of the August meetings if a coaster is coming.  Great Adventure isn't on the agenda, but they have a habit of just showing up for meetings.

http://www.jacksontwpnj.net/documents/agendas/planning/2019/07-15-19.pdf

Speaking of competition from American Dream:

Here is the quote from the transcript of the Q2 2017 Earnings Call.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4090929-six-flags-entertainment-six-q2-2017-results-earnings-call-transcript

If we do get a coaster coming up, I can see kids area revamp is planned in 2021. Also I think Six Flags might do both projects in one year: New Coaster and Bugs Bunny Boomtown/DC Super Friends kids areas. It might be possible. .

I noticed this has been getting talked about a lot, there were also other markers going as far back as the teacups that weren’t in the video.

On 7/13/2019 at 10:24 AM, Six Flags FUN! said:

If we do get a coaster coming up, I can see kids area revamp is planned in 2021. Also I think Six Flags might do both projects in one year: New Coaster and Bugs Bunny Boomtown/DC Super Friends kids areas. It might be possible. .

I bet its a new family coaster with a kids area redo. 

Now I know that this probably isn't a popular idea but I could see a spinning coaster here like the pandemonium clones- I'd be cool with that. Add that along with a refurb of the kids area and that makes a lot of people happy

• Like 1