Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

On 7/13/2019 at 1:24 PM, Six Flags FUN! said:

If we do get a coaster coming up, I can see kids area revamp is planned in 2021. Also I think Six Flags might do both projects in one year: New Coaster and Bugs Bunny Boomtown/DC Super Friends kids areas. It might be possible. .

It is totally possible to do both. This year we got a rather expensive, really fun flat ride and a rather expensive pool in Hurricane Harbor. So don't throw the idea of anything besides a "customized RMC Raptor or Premier Launch" off the table. And please. Stop making repeat comments. We know what you want.

• Like 1

Just to make sure, didn’t the park pres say the 2020 attraction was going to be tall, steel and break records? Or was that Wonder Woman? 

9 minutes ago, Njdevl9500 said:

Just to make sure, didn’t the park pres say the 2020 attraction was going to be tall, steel and break records? Or was that Wonder Woman? 

Park President, John Winkler said the 2020 addition would be “Tall, Fast and made of steel”.  This was during ACE’s Riding of the Bull 2018.

3 hours ago, Mr.Six said:

Park President, John Winkler said the 2020 addition would be “Tall, Fast and made of steel”.  This was during ACE’s Riding of the Bull 2018.

Yeah, both of you are right, but a lot of people on here are saying that it means nothing, for whatever reason. I have a lot of trouble seeing the park president himself lying/joking about that sort of thing at a coaster enthusiast event.

Edited by Tower

^ I'm scared that the "Tall, Fast and made of Steel" thing might be joke and instead we are getting a kid's area expansion and not a new coaster next year. I really want a new coaster.

Then again, it takes a long time to plan attractions. Between the time John Winkler made that comment and now, plans could have changed. Never know.

Winkler did say the 2020 attraction has been in development for awhile. I’m going to assume it’s been in development for over two years if he said this last year. I wouldn’t thing SF would change plan on the fly with an attraction that’s been in development for that long. Something like Wonder Woman I can see being changed at last minute. Not a large coaster. We will know soon enough. 

I just don't see this attraction being a revamped kids area. We have already seen a lot of signs of upcoming construction and it isn't even August! I am sticking with my guns and saying there will be some kind of coaster whether it be the RMC raptor people have been wishing for or a family coaster (maybe a woodie or a spinning coaster) to fit in with the kids area. But then again, I've been wrong before. I don't want to rush this announcement because that means back to school for me but still.

5 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

^ I'm scared that the "Tall, Fast and made of Steel" thing might be joke and instead we are getting a kid's area expansion and not a new coaster next year. I really want a new coaster.

I think we’re guaranteed to see a coaster either in 2020 or 2021. Really the only thing “holding it back” is the kids area revamp. I honestly can’t think of anything else that Six Flags would want to put in our park before a huge coaster addition. The coaster could be coming next year, but if it doesn’t, I can be everything but certain that it’ll come in 2021. It’s either next year or the year after, and it’s not even close. 

Edited by Tower

1 minute ago, Tower said:

I think we’re guaranteed to see a coaster either in 2020 or 2021. Really the only thing “holding it back” is the kids area revamp. I honestly can’t think of anything else that Six Flags would want to put in our park before a huge coaster addition. The coaster could be coming next year, but if it doesn’t, I can be everything but certain that it’ll come in 2021. It’s either next year or the year after, and it’s not even close. 

Just wait until next week we will hear August 2019 events at Great Adventure about 2020 announcet being Tall, Fast, Steel coaster ever or not.

Take this with a grain of salt, but apparently in the one of the Jackson Township council meetings, they talked about the 2020 addition being a ride from Premier Rides, so if that’s true (which I don’t know) I think that the park could receive either a ride similar to Full Throttle, or a taller, faster, and longer version of West Coast Racers!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, EasternThrills said:

Take this with a grain of salt, but apparently in the one of the Jackson Township council meetings, they talked about the 2020 addition being a ride from Premier Rides, so if that’s true (which I don’t know) I think that the park could receive either a ride similar to Full Throttle, or a taller, faster, and longer version of West Coast Racers!

^ I thought they are talked about RMC type coaster not Premier Rides unless there will be next future coaster would be RMC T-Rex maybe in 2023. This is going to be a lot of talking about 2020 addition during this month and next month.

11 minutes ago, EasternThrills said:

What is your source?  Link to source?

6 minutes ago, EasternThrills said:

Sounds like nonsense.  I haven’t seen anything in the meeting minutes and the only one without minutes is the July 15 meeting from this week.

http://www.jacksontwpnj.net/index.php/planning-board-minutes

Not the planning board, but apparently the Jackson township council meetings (I haven’t checked it out myself) And the source was someone from a discord server (Ik, what an odd source). Like I said, take it with a massive grain of salt. Just thought I’d share it. 

Again, I don’t even know if this is true or not, so take it with the biggest grain of salt. I just thought I’d share it and ask if anyone else has checked out the council meetings, minutes, or voice recordings.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EasternThrills said:

Not the planning board, but apparently the Jackson township council meetings (I haven’t checked it out myself) And the source was someone from a discord server (Ik, what an odd source). Like I said, take it with a massive grain of salt. Just thought I’d share it. 

Again, I don’t even know if this is true or not, so take it with the biggest grain of salt. I just thought I’d share it and ask if anyone else has checked out the council meetings, minutes, or voice recordings.

Hey man, appreciate your input.  It’s funny, everyone offers thoughts and speculations and are hardly ever really questioned for it, and then you offer your input on something you had seen and it’s instantly questioned and you have to repeat “take with a grain of salt” multiple times over. 

You're good dude!    It’s almost the end of July and we will start to see rumblings soon from six flags parks for teasers so our wait is almost over.  Everyone just wants to know now 

• Like 4

EMERGENCY LEAK! SHIPPING DETAILS HAVE JUST LEAKED AND IT APPEARS THAT GREAT ADVENTURE WILL BE RECIEVING AN INTAMIN TRIPLE LAUNCH COASTER A-LA SOARING WITH DRAGON WITH A VERTICAL SPIKE!

F2234527-23A3-4DD6-8013-8B13BF58EC51.jpg.9ae0cf56a2425a64c07e8449e4dc987a.jpg

THIS WAS SENT IN BY EASTERN THRILLS TO ME! THANK HIM FOR FINDING THIS!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, XENITH said:

EMERGENCY LEAK! SHIPPING DETAILS HAVE JUST LEAKED AND IT APPEARS THAT GREAT ADVENTURE WILL BE RECIEVING AN INTAMIN TRIPLE LAUNCH COASTER A-LA SOARING WITH DRAGON WITH A VERTICAL SPIKE!

Damn, this plus the other pieces of information together put together a pretty compelling case. I love when this thread has actual information and not meandering speculation. 

Can anyone confirm the validity of these documents and claims?

Just now, ccoolguy2003 said:

This is most likely heading to Williamsburg Virginia. Nice try tho

The container would go to Norfolk then. Not NJ. 

36 minutes ago, XENITH said:

Obviously nothing is confirmed, but are you referring to something like this?

https://youtu.be/hILb3lHQWwI

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ccoolguy2003 said:

This is most likely heading to Williamsburg Virginia. Nice try tho

If it was heading to BGW, it the pieces would’ve probably been shipped to Baltimore instead.

Regardless of what you want this addition to be, immediately throwing “fake” labels without providing proper argument as to why doesn't make much sense.

4 minutes ago, Tower said:

If it was heading to BGW, it the pieces would’ve probably been shipped to Baltimore instead.

Regardless of what you want this addition to be, immediately throwing “fake” labels without providing proper argument as to why doesn't make much sense.

Yes, Soaring with Dragon.

45 minutes ago, XENITH said:

Worth noting that this says it’s the tenth partial shipment. Is there any way to see the shipment info on the previous nine parts?