Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

I find it interesting that this information came out the same day the shipment information for SFOT came out as well. They’re rumored to get a Mack. 

9 minutes ago, Tower said:

If it was heading to BGW, it the pieces would’ve probably been shipped to Baltimore instead.

Regardless of what you want this addition to be, immediately throwing “fake” labels without providing proper argument as to why doesn't make much sense.

I agree. If this were heading to Busch Gardens Williamsburg, I would highly doubt that it would be shipped to a New York Port. Baltimore and Norfolk make much more logical sense than a New York ship.

3 minutes ago, Zash said:

I find it interesting that this information came out the same day the shipment information for SFOT came out as well. They’re rumored to get a Mack. 

The Mack information is correct. From the same website as well. 

mack.png

To further add pieces to the puzzle, additional shipping information was found on an Intamin LSM coaster that was shipped to get this, MIAMI FLORIDA! We know Universal has hired Intamin to construct the Jurassic Park Coaster coming sometime in the next 2-3 years, but we also know that SeaWorld Orlando is rumored to get a launch coaster next year.Very interesting stuff.

Intamin Amusement Rides Int., LANDSTRASSE 126 SCHAAN 9494 _ Supplier Report — Panjiva - Google Chrome 7_17_2019 2_14_33 PM.png

Well one of my idea was to turn Seaport into Screampunk District (Congo Rapids would feel out of place, but so does Thunder River in the Over Georgia section). They don't even need to touch Nitro. I see Tax Twister and Road Runner relocated to National Park (becomes Bugs Bunny Boomtown w/ Lakefront entrance added), Deep Sea Diver and the Elephants added to Safari Kids where the car ride was, and Hearts Away and Barnstormer put in storage for a year or two and used for DC Super Friends rides (Harleyquinn Spinsanity and Scarecrow's Barnstormer). Then added a Zamperla Endevor or Chance Freestyle (Pandemonium), or a 100ft Super Loop (if they really, really, really wanted to) called Hyperdrive in 2-3 years, as DC Super Freinds would get 3 new rides (Bat Copters, Superman: Tower of Power, Wonder Woman-Flying Scooters) in addition to Hearts Away/Spinsanity and Barnstormer to finish off the Old Country trail area.

P.S. If they bring the train back, put in El Diablo's spot

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zash said:

Worth noting that this says it’s the tenth partial shipment. Is there any way to see the shipment info on the previous nine parts?

Currently working on finding that information.

Just now, XENITH said:

Currently working on finding that information.

Hell yeah. Thanks for all this information! Myself and I’m sure many others in this thread appreciate it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pineracer said:

Well one of my idea was to turn Seaport into Screampunk District (Congo Rapids would feel out of place, but so does Thunder River in the Over Georgia section). They don't even need to touch Nitro. I see Tax Twister and Road Runner relocated to National Park (becomes Bugs Bunny Boomtown w/ Lakefront entrance added), Deep Sea Diver and the Elephants added to Safari Kids where the car ride was, and Hearts Away and Barnstormer put in storage for a year or two and used for DC Super Friends rides (Harleyquinn Spinsanity and Scarecrow's Barnstormer). Then added a Zamperla Endevor or Chance Freestyle (Pandemonium), or a 100ft Super Loop (if they really, really, really wanted to) called Hyperdrive in 2-3 years, as DC Super Freinds would get 3 new rides (Bat Copters, Superman: Tower of Power, Wonder Woman-Flying Scooters) in addition to Hearts Away/Spinsanity and Barnstormer to finish off the Old Country trail area.

This actually extremely, extremely elaborate. I can actually see this happening. This is genius, dude.

So I just tracked this container. It delivered to the port in NY EMPTY. Was loaded on vessel Dublin Express heading to Colombia. Departed NY on the 12th. So either this is fake or the container was emptied somewhere and sent out on a different vessel. 

1 minute ago, Zash said:

Hell yeah. Thanks for all this information! Myself and I’m sure many others in this thread appreciate it. 

No problem! Make sure to thank Eastern Thrills as well :)

It’s a hefty cost to transport 5767 KG cross country.  It would make a lot of sense if this were heading somewhere local.  The Intamins at the Meadowlands if I’m correct are already assembled, leaving a small selection of parks.  Headlining those, Great Adventure.  If this were true, all the years of waiting for a stand out Coaster might be worth it.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Mr.Six said:

It’s a hefty cost to transport 5767 KG cross country.  It would make a lot of sense if this were heading somewhere local.  The Intamins at the Meadowlands if I’m correct are already assembled, leaving a small selection of parks.  Headlining those, Great Adventure.  If this were true, all the years of waiting for a stand out Coaster might be worth it.

Exactly. And yes, all of the American Dream coasters are assembled; the two Intamin coasters are assembled (the half pipe coaster and Sandy’s Blasting Bronco). 

Again, everyone please thank Eastern Thrills for initially finding this information on the new GADV coaster. I have only posted it here. 

Port Newark is the third largest port in the US, and the largest on the east coast. Despite the other ports along the coast (Baltimore, Norfolk, etc.), Port Newark does service the entire northeast quadrant of the US. So really, it's quite common for shipments to come through Newark that end up anywhere in the northeast, even Virginia. It might be cheaper, or might just make more sense logistically based on shipping routes, timing, etc. Almost like taking a layover through a hub airport, or having to fly into an international airport when flying internationally.

Interesting video about shipping: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgsxapE27NU

Another article about the importance and reach of Port Newark: https://www.forbes.com/sites/gcaptain/2011/10/25/the-port-of-new-york-and-new-jersey-a-critical-hub-of-global-commerce/#771d5e6ae0f2

Edited by Matt Kaiser
  • Like 1

That really sounds like BGW's coaster from the description, and while it's possible that both parks are getting similar things, I doubt it. 

Universal's INTAMIN coaster parts have been arriving for a while now: 

D-QfxZOUEAE6c7R?format=jpg&name=4096x409

8 minutes ago, GAcoaster said:

That really sounds like BGW's coaster from the description, and while it's possible that both parks are getting similar things, I doubt it. 

Universal's INTAMIN coaster parts have been arriving for a while now: 

D-QfxZOUEAE6c7R?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Might make sense for Universal then, considering this shipment is the tenth partial shipment. That being said, the shipment to Miami might be the ones for Universal. 

43 minutes ago, Zash said:

Might make sense for Universal then, considering this shipment is the tenth partial shipment. That being said, the shipment to Miami might be the ones for Universal. 

The ones for Miami are definitely for Universal. Someone pointed out that the address that ordered the shipment is in Maryland. I think we can safely say now that this is for Busch Gardens. I’m officially concerned that Great Adventure will receive a new kids area for 2020. This was honestly my last hope that we were getting a coaster next year, and if it’s false, I think a kids area is in store for us next year. 

3 hours ago, XENITH said:

The ones for Miami are definitely for Universal. Someone pointed out that the address that ordered the shipment is in Maryland. I think we can safely say now that this is for Busch Gardens. I’m officially concerned that Great Adventure will receive a new kids area for 2020. This was honestly my last hope that we were getting a coaster next year, and if it’s false, I think a kids area is in store for us next year. 

That address is for IntaRide, Intamin’s US office based in Maryland, per Reddit user /u/spacemtnfan

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Njdevl9500 said:

So I just tracked this container. It delivered to the port in NY EMPTY. Was loaded on vessel Dublin Express heading to Colombia. Departed NY on the 12th. So either this is fake or the container was emptied somewhere and sent out on a different vessel. 

Oh man, this whole debate for where this ride is going is so back and forth! I love it.

2 hours ago, XENITH said:

Oh man, this whole debate for where this ride is going is so back and forth! I love it.

Unfortunately for Great Adventure, I think this is going to Busch Gardens Williamsburg. It also makes more sense there since they have land already cleared and are announcing this new ride in less than 2 weeks. Great Adventure has some red and blue markings on the path and some construction flags. We don't even have stakes on site yet. I think BGW seems a lot more prepared to receive an addition of this size. I think I am 100% certain on a kids area revitalization in 2020, and then a brand new coaster the following year.

2 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

^ Between 2020's New Coaster or 2021's RMC T-Rex you can say that word again pal.

I don't think Great Adventure will be getting a T-REX, at least not for the next 5-10 years. I think our next coaster will be some form of a launch coaster in collaboration with West Coast Customs, and then the coaster after that could possibly be a TREX. RMC have only built two raptors, they aren't going to jump the gun on a TREX just yet. 

1 minute ago, XENITH said:

I don't think Great Adventure will be getting a T-REX, at least not for the next 5-10 years. I think our next coaster will be some form of a launch coaster in collaboration with West Coast Customs, and then the coaster after that could possibly be a TREX. RMC have only built two raptors, they aren't going to jump the gun on a TREX just yet. 

Or customized RMC Raptor I can see too.

2 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Or customized RMC Raptor I can see too.

That is a lot more likely. If Great Adventure were to get an RMC coaster, I think we are looking into the eyes of a custom Raptor/single rail coaster. RMC have also discussed a medium sized single rail coaster, between the size of a raptor and TREX, likely with two across. This would be a fair middle ground considering Great Adventure sees some of the greatest crowds in the Six Flags park network.

10 hours ago, Pineracer said:

Dude, lowkey this is genius. I can't get enough of this.

If we do get a kids area, I honestly don’t see what else we could add that would delay the addition of a new coaster for next year. We’re overdue.

anywho lets remember what Winkler said about the “tall, steel, and fast” all the way back at ROTB in 2018. If Winkler already knows what it was back in 2018, then it has to be at least a semi-big addition, right? And the park president wouldn’t lie like that, unless he enjoys getting bombarded by fanboys who are in denial that this park wont get an RMC raptor for at least another 5 years. Back on track, I am still going with my statement that there will be a coaster, probably comparable to Maxx Force, in the Seaport section of the park along with a kids refurbishment. I can certainly see both being done in the same year. Also a Nitro repaint as correct me if im wrong but i read somewhere that the park planned on repainting at least a ride a year.

4 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

^ A water ride in the theme park, a major expansion of Hurricane Harbor, .....

I would honestly be really happy with a Bucket Blaster type ride, as I want more water rides in the dry park! (Log flume always has a long line and it’s not very likely that everyone will get wet on Congo Rapids)

That’s another thing I hope for, more effects on Congo Rapids so that way EVERYBODY on the raft gets wet. Even just a simple tunnel that has water coming out of it so that way everyone comes off wet instead of 4 - 5 people out of 12 getting wet.