Jump to content
Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

    • RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
      0
    • RMC T-Rex

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

Recommended Posts

Still any guess what 2020 addition would be and what markers around Looney Tunes Seaport would be? My still guess is either Premier Rides, RMC type coaster or Kids Area Revamp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MitchCaltabiano said:

anywho lets remember what Winkler said about the “tall, steel, and fast” all the way back at ROTB in 2018. If Winkler already knows what it was back in 2018, then it has to be at least a semi-big addition, right? And the park president wouldn’t lie like that, unless he enjoys getting bombarded by fanboys who are in denial that this park wont get an RMC raptor for at least another 5 years. Back on track, I am still going with my statement that there will be a coaster, probably comparable to Maxx Force, in the Seaport section of the park along with a kids refurbishment. I can certainly see both being done in the same year. Also a Nitro repaint as correct me if im wrong but i read somewhere that the park planned on repainting at least a ride a year.

At this point, I am starting to think the whole "tall, steel and fast" clue was referring to Wonder Woman, as it fits the bill. Since we most likely aren't getting a coaster next year, there would be no reason for him to hint at a new coaster 3 years in advance. Especially with Six Flags, as they usually don't tease anytime before 2-3 months of announcements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know the date that Six Flags makes the 2020 announcement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Nitr0o said:

Does anyone know the date that Six Flags makes the 2020 announcement?

I have confirmation it is Thursday, August 29th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XENITH said:

At this point, I am starting to think the whole "tall, steel and fast" clue was referring to Wonder Woman

As an attendee of the event it was stated at, he made it very clear it was 2020.  This was said about a week after Wonder Woman was announced anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XENITH said:

At this point, I am starting to think the whole "tall, steel and fast" clue was referring to Wonder Woman, as it fits the bill. Since we most likely aren't getting a coaster next year, there would be no reason for him to hint at a new coaster 3 years in advance. Especially with Six Flags, as they usually don't tease anytime before 2-3 months of announcements.

I think that was said after WW was announced. And he did say 2020 attraction. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Njdevl9500 said:

I think that was said after WW was announced. And he did say 2020 attraction. 

OK, so it was for 2020. That is so weird...then I guess it is a coaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, XENITH said:

OK, so it was for 2020. That is so weird...then I guess it is a coaster.

It’s pretty inconvenient that there isn’t any actual video evidence of this, and that it’s been known through only word of mouth. I think that’s why a lot of the jokes/skepticism are going on. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going with the “tall and steel” here. I think we are going to get a Raptor. Not a WW clone though. I think they are going to move the Daffy submarine and the mini teacups to where the old safari kids car ride was. They will make a new entrance to the kids area just opposite of where the mini teacups are now. This will clear the area for guest going to and from the new coaster without going into the kids area. There is plenty of open space back there and wouldn’t have to cut down a lot of trees. I’m going with a Raptor only cause SF didn’t add one last year and if there were issues with WW RMC had some time to correct it. Plus WW has had great reviews. Couldn’t imagine SF not adding more. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Njdevl9500 said:

Going with the “tall and steel” here. I think we are going to get a Raptor. Not a WW clone though. I think they are going to move the Daffy submarine and the mini teacups to where the old safari kids car ride was. They will make a new entrance to the kids area just opposite of where the mini teacups are now. This will clear the area for guest going to and from the new coaster without going into the kids area. There is plenty of open space back there and wouldn’t have to cut down a lot of trees. I’m going with a Raptor only cause SF didn’t add one last year and if there were issues with WW RMC had some time to correct it. Plus WW has had great reviews. Couldn’t imagine SF not adding more. 

This actually got me thinking, not only about the coaster, but has it crossed anyone’s minds that the supposed kids area might go in the area where El Diablo used to be? Not to mention there’s a chance that they could move a kiddie ride over where Splashwater Oasis used to be. 

 

That being said, I wouldn’t mind a Raptor. It would be a very unique coaster experience, and despite the concerns for capacity, the park doesn’t seem to really care considering Joker exists. Raptors currently only exist in Texas and California, maybe they could bring one to the east coast? This wouldn’t be the first time we get the second coaster model of a ride in the world after Fiesta Texas gets it the year before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tower said:

This actually got me thinking, not only about the coaster, but has it crossed anyone’s minds that the supposed kids area might go in the area where El Diablo used to be? Not to mention there’s a chance that they could move a kiddie ride over where Splashwater Oasis used to be. 

 

Is the idea that they'd be consuming Seaport/Safari Kids and moving those rides into a new kiddie area at El Diablo? (Sort of the reverse of when Balin's was consumed) 

 

If so, I'd say they'd definitely keep a kiddie area on the west side of the park for HitP purposes. And probably make it the largest area too. They are really favoring that side so it can be a self-sufficient theme park even with the other half closed.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Matt Kaiser said:

 

Is the idea that they'd be consuming Seaport/Safari Kids and moving those rides into a new kiddie area at El Diablo? (Sort of the reverse of when Balin's was consumed) 

 

If so, I'd say they'd definitely keep a kiddie area on the west side of the park for HitP purposes. And probably make it the largest area too. They are really favoring that side so it can be a self-sufficient theme park even with the other half closed.

That would probably be the best option now that I think of it, a DC Super Friends type kiddie area would be right at home in that location considering there's space that can be cleared for it (plus the space that can easily be expanded on as is), plus the obvious development as a whole on that side of the park over the past few years. Regardless, in my opinion this has probably been one of the more unpredictable years in terms of future additions and at this point I'm itching to see the announcement on August 29th.

Edited by Tower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Matt Kaiser said:

 

Is the idea that they'd be consuming Seaport/Safari Kids and moving those rides into a new kiddie area at El Diablo? (Sort of the reverse of when Balin's was consumed) 

 

If so, I'd say they'd definitely keep a kiddie area on the west side of the park for HitP purposes. And probably make it the largest area too. They are really favoring that side so it can be a self-sufficient theme park even with the other half closed.

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they replace Safari Kids with Monsoon lagoon like at great escape and replace looney tunes Seaport with a New launch coaster, maybe a steampunk area would work, maybe retheme congo rapids to a steampunk themed rapids ride, and for the name of the new launch coaster: i think it will call hyperdrive, maybe a zamperla enterprise ride reusing the grinder gearworks name and retheme nitro to fit with the steampunk area

Edited by harry2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, harry2004 said:

Maybe they replace Safari Kids with Monsoon lagoon like at great escape and replace looney tunes Seaport with a New launch coaster, maybe a steampunk area would work, maybe retheme congo rapids to a steampunk themed rapids ride, and for the name of the new launch coaster: i think it will call hyperdrive, maybe a zamperla enterprise ride reusing the grinder gearworks name and retheme nitro to fit with the steampunk area

Did Thunder River get a retheme at Over Georgia? I haven't heard one way or the other and have just thought they didn't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pineracer said:

Did Thunder River get a retheme at Over Georgia? I haven't heard one way or the other and have just thought they didn't

Thunder River was not rethemed. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, XENITH said:

Thunder River was not rethemed. 

 

I was just thinking they would remove the African theming and call it Thunder River in that concept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Maybe next week the park will announce a date for the 2020 additions with their August 2019 events.

A few people already pointed out that all the 2020 additions to the chain would be announced on August 29th. I'm not sure if they will be announced at midnight or if they will be announced very early that day, but I'm sure there will be a lot of people livestreaming it on YouTube or whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tower said:

A few people already pointed out that all the 2020 additions to the chain would be announced on August 29th. I'm not sure if they will be announced at midnight or if they will be announced very early that day, but I'm sure there will be a lot of people livestreaming it on YouTube or whatever.

The announcement will most likely be at

5 AM, like previous announcements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The announcement goes out to media the day/night before with an embargoed release set for 5AM the next morning.  There always seems to be one or two news outlets that releases it prematurely and ruin the big reveal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

The announcement goes out to media the day/night before with an embargoed release set for 5AM the next morning.  There always seems to be one or two news outlets that releases it prematurely and ruin the big reveal.

That seems to always be the case, I think I remember Joker, Cyborg, JL and Wonder Woman all get leaked out before the announcement, which is one of the big reasons why I’m going to stay off the computer/phone at all costs this time around. 

 

 

Edited by Tower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

Now that we know Six Flags is working with Mack Rides on one project for 2020.  What are your thoughts on a BigDipper coaster such as Lost Gravity at Walibi Holland?

https://rcdb.com/12315.htm

 

Isn’t SFOT getting a Mack PowerSplash?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^Yes, I was asking about a BigDipper for Great Adventure.  It’s possible Six Flags works with Mack on more than one project.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...