Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

Looks like fun, but would be a better fit in one of the smaller parks where space is at a premium and they don't need the higher capacity that GA does. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

Looks like fun, but would be a better fit in one of the smaller parks where space is at a premium and they don't need the higher capacity that GA does. 

The ride reminds me a lot of Copperhead Strike, which would be an absolutely amazing addition, but we all know that’s just a pipe-dream when it comes to Six Flags parks 

^Agreed,  I try to keep my expectations for new rides realistic because Six Flags can only stretch an approximately $81 million new ride budget for all parks so far.  The best you can hope for is a fun ride that doesn't break down a lot. 

2018 revenue = $1.5 Billion

CapEx Budget is 9% of Revenue = $135 Million

CapEx Split (60% New Rides and Attractions, 25% Asset Maintenance, 15% In-Park)

New Rides and Attractions budget =$81 Million (There is some wiggle room to spend a little bit more than this in a given year.)

59 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

Six Flags can only stretch an approximately $81 million new ride budget for all parks so far. 

On 7/20/2019 at 10:17 PM, Medusa42 said:

Now that we know Six Flags is working with Mack Rides on one project for 2020.  What are your thoughts on a BigDipper coaster such as Lost Gravity at Walibi Holland?

https://rcdb.com/12315.htm

I think the line would be 8 hours long with such low capacity.

I think an RMC Raptor could fit to replace the old Looney Tunes Seaport along with a new Kids area expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown) replacing Safari Kids. DC Super Friends kids area could also put where Justice League and Cyborg is.

I just wish some of these videos would come up with some creative ideas instead of rehashing the same ideas over and over.  Here are some other coasters Six Flags can afford.

- Mack  Rides BigDipper

- Gravity Group Family Woodie

- Vekoma Bermuda Blitz

- Vekoma Space Warp launch coaster

- S&S Mine Train

- S&S Steeplechase

- S&S El Loco

- Chance Rides Hyper GT-X

- Maurer Spike coaster

40 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

I just wish some of these videos would come up with some creative ideas instead of rehashing the same ideas over and over.  Here are some other coasters Six Flags can afford.

- Mack  Rides BigDipper

- Vekoma Bermuda Blitz

- S&S Mine Train

- S&S Steeplechase

- S&S El Loco

- Maurer Spike coaster

Which parks don't have a mine train?

1 hour ago, Medusa42 said:

- Mack  Rides BigDipper

- Vekoma Bermuda Blitz

- S&S Mine Train

- S&S Steeplechase

- S&S El Loco

- Maurer Spike coaster

This 100% over and over. I don’t get why everyone is so locked in on a Raptor when there are not only more creative options for the park, but also options that are more family friendly and for sure won’t be a capacity nightmare.

I find it interesting that after the initial two RMC Raptors, no other park has decided to install them the next season. Much like the Sky Warp, they look neat but didn't perform up to expectations. 

55 minutes ago, Pineracer said:

Which parks don't have a mine train?

La Ronde, Great America, Mexico, Discovery Kingdom, Darien Lake, Frontier City.

13 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I think an RMC Raptor could fit to replace the old Looney Tunes Seaport along with a new Kids area expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown) replacing Safari Kids. DC Super Friends kids area could also put where Justice League and Cyborg is.

This thread really isn’t a discussion when you just keep saying the same thing over and over again...

Can you guys imagine if Great Adventure actually does get a Raptor or TRex and six flags fun gets an entire year of rubbing it in our faces ...... oof 

• Haha 2

I thought I’d share some photos of what I hope could come to gadv in 2020, one of my ideas was for a premier multi launch to go behind Congo rapids/LTSP:

https://gyazo.com/a0a7072c7b6b5ab303c98a33a39afa0d

https://gyazo.com/21229a9f05cc9ccc32cede34f38ccc74

https://gyazo.com/d53f62e38577eb45ac60a0172702ab0a

https://gyazo.com/34356619634d351900205f50e8d83af2

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

I find it interesting that after the initial two RMC Raptors, no other park has decided to install them the next season. Much like the Sky Warp, they look neat but didn't perform up to expectations. 

My gut feeling is that they’re waiting for the T-Rex to be finished. Raptors don’t seem to have a capacity worth their price tag. 

6 minutes ago, Zash said:

My gut feeling is that they’re waiting for the T-Rex to be finished. Raptors don’t seem to have a capacity worth their price tag. 

I doubt they can afford T-Rex, it's for coasters in the 300-500 ft tall range.  RMC is working on another track size that is between Raptor & T-Rex (similar to Skywarp), but it sounds like that is a ways off too.  Raptors seem to have a lot of train issues (seats/restraints) and are high maintenance which causes additional capacity problems.

1 minute ago, Medusa42 said:

I doubt they can afford T-Rex, it's for coasters in the 300-500 ft tall range.  RMC is working on another track size that is between Raptor & T-Rex (similar to Skywarp), but it sounds like that is a ways off too.  Raptors seem to have a lot of train issues (seats/restraints) and are high maintenance which causes additional capacity problems.

Is RMC is working on another track size between Raptor & T-Rex could means its for Great Adventure next year?

6 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Is RMC is working on another track size between Raptor & T-Rex could means its for Great Adventure next year?

What could possibly be between a track wide enough for 1 seat and a track wide enough for 2 seats? I’m genuinely curious as to what RMC is up to. 

Edited by Zash

5 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

No, read again.  A ways off means not happening soon or years away.

Just now, Zash said:

What could possibly be between a track wide enough for 1 seat and a track wide enough for 2 seats?

A train that is two seats wide will fit on a mid-size track (see Skywarp).  The raptor originally had trains that were 2 seats wide, but it wasn't able to make sharp turns.

@Medusa42 so we will get Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coaster aka East Coast Racers along with Kids Area Redo next year?

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

1 minute ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

@Medusa42 so we will get Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coaster aka East Coast Racers along with Kids Area Redo next year?

Why are you the way you are lol 

• Like 1

@Medusa42 Great Adventure could still get RMC Raptor next year being as Tall, Fast, Steel coaster or they have to wait to get RMC T-Rex in couple years and Kids Area Redo next year, RMC T-Rex for 2021 or 2022. What are you think, @Medusa42?

5 hours ago, Clearvue said:

Can you guys imagine if Great Adventure actually does get a Raptor or TRex and six flags fun gets an entire year of rubbing it in our faces ...... oof 

At that point every post by SSF should start with "I told you so"