Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

1 hour ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

@Medusa42 Great Adventure could still get RMC Raptor next year being as Tall, Fast, Steel coaster or they have to wait to get RMC T-Rex in couple years and Kids Area Redo next year, RMC T-Rex for 2021 or 2022. What are you think, @Medusa42?

TRex’s probably won’t start appearing in parks until 2023 or 2024, and a Raptor would cause a lot of capacity problems at a park like ours with massive attendance rates, especially since Raptors seem to be meant for smaller parks.

4 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

@Medusa42 so we will get Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coaster aka East Coast Racers along with Kids Area Redo next year?

What does this have to do with anything?  You make this sound like we know what Great Adventure is getting.

5 hours ago, Zash said:

What could possibly be between a track wide enough for 1 seat and a track wide enough for 2 seats? I’m genuinely curious as to what RMC is up to. 

The idea is it is wider so it can support 2 wide seats but won’t get the height that a T-Rex potentially will. I forget where I watched it but Alan mentioned that parks were asking for it and they were developing it. I think it was an interview at IAAPA. I could see SF’s going with something along those lines but not a T-Rex. 

50 minutes ago, Sluggo77 said:

The idea is it is wider so it can support 2 wide seats but won’t get the height that a T-Rex potentially will. I forget where I watched it but Alan mentioned that parks were asking for it and they were developing it. I think it was an interview at IAAPA. I could see SF’s going with something along those lines but not a T-Rex. 

What parks could get it? Six Flags?

7 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

What parks could get it? Six Flags?

Nobody knows what anyone is getting until the announcement on August 29th.

A Mack Power Splash would easily fit near Congo Rapids.  If Six Flags researched the ride for Dubai, I am sure they considered it for additions in the USA.  And it is "Tall, Fast, and Steel!"

Pulsar.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

A Mack Power Splash would easily fit near Congo Rapids.  If Six Flags researched the ride for Dubai, I am sure they considered it for additions in the USA.  And it is "Tall, Fast, and Steel!"

Pulsar.jpg

Seems like a lot of empty space if that is what goes there.  Unless something else got developed the splash zone would get lost too. 

1 hour ago, Sluggo77 said:

Seems like a lot of empty space if that is what goes there.  Unless something else got developed the splash zone would get lost too. 

CDE18519-263D-4DEF-ACFA-45B0042F596D.jpeg

1 hour ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

CDE18519-263D-4DEF-ACFA-45B0042F596D.jpeg

Exactly a lot of room for a very compact looking ride. 

Well Screamscape just posted an update and he is claiming that our park is likely getting a new coaster, but he says to keep our expectations modest and it won’t be as big as Nitro, Toro, or Ka. 

As much as I hate to say it for this forum’s sake, from this view of “‘modest expectations” for a coaster, it does kind of sound like it could be an RMC Raptor (Six Flags Fun pls dont get triggered), as Raptors would seem like a modest addition. But other modest expectations could also very well include Crossbow from Bowcraft, possibly an S&S Launched, a smaller version of WCR. 

Remember take Screamscape with a grain of salt if you wish, but he is usually very credible. 

EDIT* I really do hope we get a Dueling coaster of some sort. The park really does need one to the lineup and they are AWESOME rides. Whether it’s launched (which is what it would likely be) or not, i would be extremely pleased.

Edited by MitchCaltabiano

“2020 - New Coaster - Rumor - (7/24/19) Screamscape is hearing that after four year gap, Six Flags Great Adventure may be adding a new coaster in 2020. The last coaster installed was The Joker in 2016, and while we don’t know exactly what they are working on just yet, I’ve been told to keep our expectations more modest, as this isn't going to be another Nitro, El Toro or Kingda Ka sized project. Stay tuned!”

From Screamscape, take it as you will. 

7 hours ago, EasternThrills said:

“2020 - New Coaster - Rumor - (7/24/19) Screamscape is hearing that after four year gap, Six Flags Great Adventure may be adding a new coaster in 2020. The last coaster installed was The Joker in 2016, and while we don’t know exactly what they are working on just yet, I’ve been told to keep our expectations more modest, as this isn't going to be another Nitro, El Toro or Kingda Ka sized project. Stay tuned!”

From Screamscape, take it as you will. 

I mean, did anybody expect it to be the magnitude of Nitro or Ka? 

@Zack what would a West Coast Racers be about equal to in terms of scale that the park already has?

For me, an East Coast Racers would be where I am happiest and while the size of it is not ont he scale of Nitro, it would be a lot of fun. But I think that Splashdown coaster would be interesting but I don't see myself riding it that often due to the fact you would get wet. I hope that if it ends up being the splashdown coaster, they would have it open during the Springtime Preview and Fright Fest.

An East Coast Racers ride would be a great addition and if they do what they did in Magic Mountain and actually kept a race theme, and put it where we all think it's going to go, Nitro would be a great compliment to the ride! 

If it is going to be similar to West coast racers, I’d love for it to be like thunderbird. Winged coaster trains set on a similar platform of the west coast racer style.  Would fill multiple gaps in the lineup all at once.    

Edited by Clearvue

It would make more sense for the ride to be called West Coast Racers even if it was installed at Great Adventure.  There isn’t a car company called East Coast Customs and the trains are designed to look like a car that West Coast Customs built.

It would make even more sense to use a DC Comics license for the ride at Great Adventure.  Does anyone else remember the survey from a few years ago that was a Batman vs Joker race through the streets?  I think that was a dueling mobius loop roller coaster.

3 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

It would make more sense for the ride to be called West Coast Racers even if it was installed at Great Adventure.  There isn’t a car company called East Coast Customs and the trains are designed to look like a car that West Coast Customs built.

It would make even more sense to use a DC Comics license for the ride at Great Adventure.  Does anyone else remember the survey from a few years ago that was a Batman vs Joker race through the streets?  I think that was a dueling mobius loop roller coaster.

Would they actually build a dueling coaster to pay homage to the Chiller? I’d love to see that 

I found a screenshot of the survey I was remembering.  I could see a West Coast Racers type of ride being adapted into this.

rdazq611wph11.jpg

49 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

I found a screenshot of the survey I was remembering.  I could see a West Coast Racers type of ride being adapted into this.

rdazq611wph11.jpg

I actually completely forgot about this survey. Didn’t every park in the chain get this, though?

I know the whole statement about the tall and steel but putting that aside, I would love to see a nice GCI added. I think it would fill a great whole in the lineup on something between the two indoors and mine-train and the larger scale coasters.

If the park is getting a Mack Power Splash, this is how I would place it.

SGC42tb.png

Edited by Medusa42
fixed image