Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

2 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

If the park is getting a Mack Power Splash, this is how I would place it.

SGC42tb.png

Ooh a new dead end Great Adventure rly needs more of those 

What if we are tricked that they are getting a new coaster and they're just retheming Bizarro and installing the Seaport Railway, and possibly an El Toro retrack and/or Nitro repaint?

4 hours ago, Pineracer said:

What if we are tricked that they are getting a new coaster and they're just retheming Bizarro and installing the Seaport Railway, and possibly an El Toro retrack and/or Nitro repaint?

All of those sound pretty good, I wouldn’t mind if the park took an off year all together just to repaint and restore a lot of the coasters like new.

• Like 1

https://sixflags.com/presale

August 29 is the biggest day of the year for Six Flags! We announce our incredible new rides for 2020 AND we have biggest sale of the year. This year, we're doing something a little different...

On August 14 we're having a special PRE-SALE for our Season Pass holders. Take advantage of our Flash Sale pricing on 2020 Season Passes before everyone else! Check back here on August 14 to see our incredible offers. You'll still need to wait until August 29 to find out what thrilling attractions we're adding in 2020 though!

• Like 2

I like that they are selling the 2020 season passes earlier. It gives me a chance to get to the park before daily operations end to process the 2020 pass.

• Like 2

I think I'll be content with whatever 2020's addition so long they can clean up the park a little more all together, which it seems like they've been doing as of late. I think restoring some of the coasters (repaints, retracks, etc.) will do a lot in improving their overall ride experiences.

From today's media update for August:

"2020 New Attraction Announcement – August 29

Stay tuned as Six Flags Great Adventure announces its highly-anticipated new attraction for 2020. After months of rumor and speculation, the legendary and monstrous details will be revealed at 5 a.m. via its website and social media. The world record-breaking project is slated to open next summer."

So:

• Legendary
  • Monstrous
  • World record-breaking
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, GAcoaster said:

Stay tuned as Six Flags Great Adventure announces its highly-anticipated new attraction for 2020. After months of rumor and speculation, the legendary and monstrous details will be revealed at 5 a.m. via its website and social media. The world record-breaking project is slated to open next summer."

So:

• Legendary
  • Monstrous
  • World record-breaking

Im just gonna say it now.. Six Flags FUN!.. Were sorry.

Edited by Joseph_D
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, GAcoaster said:

• Legendary
  • Monstrous
  • World record-breaking

Swamp Thing?

14 minutes ago, Joseph_D said:

5124200524a19b253c1a4bd87dc4534f.jpg

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Joseph_D said:

Wait, are we saying he's probably right or it's still a no way thing?

• Like 1

Well that was unexpected.  I’m in total shock.

• Like 2

Don't get too excited. It doesn't say what the record is. Wonder Woman is billed as a World Record ride (it's the same size as the others Six Flags built).  

• Like 1

I wonder what the meaning of legendary is. Legendary in terms of theming, or legendary in terms of the ride itself?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pineracer said:

Wait, are we saying he's probably right or it's still a no way thing?

Not sure.. Just apologizing in advance just in case.. They said after months of rumor and speculation

18 minutes ago, Zash said:

I wonder what the meaning of legendary is. Legendary in terms of theming, or legendary in terms of the ride itself?

That’s why I was thinking Swamp Thing, it’s legendary, monstrous, and a DC Comics property.

cbc025532b78cdc907896cfd11f41496.jpg

• Like 1

giphy-downsized.gif

Edited by Pineracer
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

So:

• Legendary
  • Monstrous
  • World record-breaking

Normally I wouldn't be too excited but "months of rumors and speculation" alone is enough for this to be worthy of the hype.

41 minutes ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Is this guy still waiting in the wings?

2015_05_14_IMG_0796%20copy.jpg

Jersey Devil was the first thing that came to mind when I heard “legendary” and “monstrous.” I’m not taking the world record thing too seriously because everything’s a world record to Six Flags. 

Nah but for real I would normally think this means some sort of flat rise just based on the description but I just don’t see this year being another flat because we have gotten so many recently but who knows I could be wrong

I think that the “record breaking” aspect of it makes it likely that whatever this addition is, it probably won’t be a clone of a ride that we’ve already seen.

58 minutes ago, Tower said:

I think that the “record breaking” aspect of it makes it likely that whatever this addition is, it probably won’t be a clone of a ride that we’ve already seen.

I don’t think this is necessarily true. It could be a ride that is a clone but has some sort of record that we are getting too making it tied for the record just like wonderwoman is technically a record setting ride. 

1 hour ago, jakesch18 said:

I don’t think this is necessarily true. It could be a ride that is a clone but has some sort of record that we are getting too making it tied for the record just like wonderwoman is technically a record setting ride. 

Weren't the two Discoveries we've seen this year both record breakers? It's true that we could see something similar to that, but I'm talking about a record breaking ride that doesn't already exist. If one is announced for another park after one for us is announced then that would be different.

I just found some details on DC's website...https://www.dccomics.com/characters/swamp-thing

It breathes. It dreams. And, at night, beneath a low-hanging fog, it shambles through the shadows with its red eyes and funereal soul. The swamp has a spirit, and it walks on two legs. A monster that was once a man…

Alec Holland was an idealistic scientist who was synthesizing a top-secret chemical in his hidden lab in the marshlands. But after a bomb in his office explodes, the young scientist is murdered. Or so it seems. Because rising in his place is the Swamp Thing, a creature made of vegetation that’s absorbed Alec Holland’s memories, personality—and grief.

The monstrous Swamp Thing can control every iota of plant life on this planet, from the fungus on stale bread to forests of towering oaks. Superhumanly strong and grotesque, he can grow himself a full array of titanic bodies from even the tiniest sprout of green. A living embodiment of the power and terror in our environment, the Swamp Thing protects both humanity and the environment—usually from each other.

Some words jump out there...

"the legendary and monstrous details"

Red eyes = red trains?

Marshlands = Looney tunes seaport is near Switlik Lake, this coaster could interact with the water/go over Congo Rapids

Monstrous literally matches up with the statement from the park

Forests of towering oaks = the area where this coaster would go is semi-densely wooded with many trees around the proposed site.

Superhumanly = monstrous, legendary

This description screams Great Adventure, and a lot of details match up with what the park has given us...tall, steel, fast, runs on rails, record breaker, legendary, monstrous.

Swamp Thing, Six Flags Great Adventure 2020 RMC Raptor Coaster.

The swamp is calling...#SFGADV2020 #SWAMPTHING is headed to Six Flags Great Adventure in 2020!