Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

Also found some information on Killer Croc, another DC character https://www.dccomics.com/characters/killer-croc

"In life, you always want to put your best face forward. But what if that face is scaly, reptilian and likely to frighten anyone who sees it? From an early age, Waylon Jones has been burdened with that very question. Diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder that causes his skin to appear scaled and his body to grow claws, razor-sharp teeth and other features similar to a crocodile’s, the challenged young man went through life bullied by other kids and raised by an abusive and uncaring aunt.

As he grew older, Waylon became bitter, developing into a violent and malevolent criminal and adopting a fearful name that matched his frightening appearance—Killer Croc. Waylon managed to engineer a career path that took him from sideshow wrestler to a formidable criminal figure in the Gotham City underworld, often finding himself at violent odds with Batman. And yet, perhaps because of his childhood, Waylon has a soft spot for abandoned and neglected children. He shelters many within his territory in the sewers of Gotham, something that has not gone unnoticed by the Dark Knight, who has demonstrated a bit more leniency with Croc over the years than with most of Gotham’s rogues.

Killer Croc possesses the traits of a crocodile in human form. His scaly skin is impenetrable and can deflect blows and bullets. His affliction affects his mind, too, meaning he’s sometimes driven by animal instinct that isn’t exactly rational. Super strength and endurance help him overpower his enemies, as does his sizable physique. And just forget about trying to beat him in a swimming match. Often, Croc's brutish behavior overrules sense, so if you do ever see him, we suggest backing away slowly and praying that he’s not hungry…"

This could also pass as a potential theme for the coaster, as it, again, matches up with some of the description we were given. It also ties in very nicely to the area it is in, as this new coaster will most likely be located near/around Gotham City/DC Universe.

Contrary to what a lot of people are saying, if this attraction does happen to be a coaster, I don’t see it being a raptor clone mainly because of the “record breaking” criteria that the attraction is stated to have. If Six Flags or any other park announces a clone of said ride after ours is announced (similar to what we’ve seen with our WW and Joker at SFFT), then that would be different. My main point is that if it is a coaster, I don’t see it being a clone of the raptor at Fiesta Texas or any other coaster that is currently operational at the moment. I think it’ll end up being unique, but that’s just my theory. 

Edited by Tower

6 minutes ago, Tower said:

Contrary to what a lot of people are saying, if this attraction does happen to be a coaster, I don’t see it being a raptor clone mainly because of the “record breaking” criteria that the attraction is stated to have. If Six Flags or any other park announces a clone of said ride after ours is announced (similar to what we’ve seen with our WW and Joker at SFFT), then that would be different. My main point is that if it is a coaster, I don’t see it being a clone of the raptor at Fiesta Texas or any other coaster that is currently operational at the moment. I think it’ll end up being unique, but that’s just my theory. 

Agreed. I'm thinking a custom Raptor with a longer layout than the rest, probably 2,250-2,750 feet (the current ones are 1,800). Maybe with an MCBR so that it can run four trains to accommodate for the larger attendance at Great Adventure. 

Just now, EasternThrills said:

Hasn’t that area been like that for a while now?

It's been like that since RTs removal, but trucks were seen driving through the area and with El Diablo's removal, it could mean something possibly coming. 

3 minutes ago, Tower said:

It's been like that since RTs removal, but trucks were seen driving through the area and with El Diablo's removal, it could mean something possibly coming. 

Doubt anything will go there anytime soon. The trucks were most likely for maintenance. That is one of the main access roads at Great Adventure, I don't see them removing it or building a large scale ride there. Besides, NJ state law supposedly forbids anything (a ride) from going under El Toro's structure; if this is true, a coaster that goes under El Toro is out of the question for the time being. 

It's probably too early to start land clearing anyway.  The announcement said the new attraction will open in the Summer.  Summer falls between June 20, 2020 and September 22, 2020.

Take this with a grain of salt as always, but my sources are telling me this will be a custom RMC Raptor with an MCBR and as I guessed it will be located behind Congo. 

I dont know how true this is and i dont know how much i believe it but that is what my sources are telling me, this coaster has been planned for awhile. 

Six Flags Fun, this whole forum owes you literally anything you want

12 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Is this guy still waiting in the wings?

2015_05_14_IMG_0796%20copy.jpg

i was scared this beauty was gonna go to waste 🤩🤩

1 hour ago, MitchCaltabiano said:

Take this with a grain of salt as always, but my sources are telling me this will be a custom RMC Raptor with an MCBR and as I guessed it will be located behind Congo. 

I dont know how true this is and i dont know how much i believe it but that is what my sources are telling me, this coaster has been planned for awhile. 

Six Flags Fun, this whole forum owes you literally anything you want

I feel like a lot of our hesitation with a Raptor came from the fact that Six Flags almost always clones their rides and the Raptor at SFOT doesn’t really make sense here. I can actually see the viability in a custom Raptor if Six Flags is willing to shell out the cash. 

1 hour ago, Zash said:

I feel like a lot of our hesitation with a Raptor came from the fact that Six Flags almost always clones their rides and the Raptor at SFOT doesn’t really make sense here. I can actually see the viability in a custom Raptor if Six Flags is willing to shell out the cash. 

I feel like the hesitation was more that people felt like we deserved a TRex and that a Raptor wasnt the answer however considering this is a custom one and that it will likely be taller and faster with a longer ride time, i can 100% see this coaster being a top 3 or 4 in the park ( depending on if you like nitro or ka)

I also feel as if people were concerned with capacity, but obviously if the park added a free spin, they are confident they can make it work. The ops at SFFT have been great!! 

In other news, someone on GAdv connoisseurs posted that the Wasteland trail was completely taken down, which means the plot of land this coaster is gonna take up is huge! Can’t wait to see it! 

I guess the only question now is if we are getting a kids revamp along with this 🤫 doubt it but it never hurts to wonder. 

I think your original theory about the Seaport Rides being relocated might have some traction @29yrswithaGApass. I could see that back area housing a coaster and the kids rides from there being relocated within the park or closed. One employee was saying this might happen, but like  most people on here I’m going to take that with a healthy bit of skepticism.

1 minute ago, Clearvue said:

Welp  .... Six Flags Fun is about to crap on all of us  

I'm sure he's sitting back enjoying these comments for now. I always liked his energy. 

1 hour ago, Tbone112499 said:

I think your original theory about the Seaport Rides being relocated might have some traction @29yrswithaGApass. I could see that back area housing a coaster and the kids rides from there being relocated within the park or closed. One employee was saying this might happen, but like  most people on here I’m going to take that with a healthy bit of skepticism.

I’m still going with just two of the rides being relocated within Seaport. Daffy submarine and mini teacups. And they will build a new entrance to the Seaport right across from where the mini teacups are now. That empty Granny house is history. This opens up the walkway from Congo to what might be the ride entrance back by the restrooms without going through the kids area. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Njdevl9500 said:

I’m still going with just two of the rides being relocated within Seaport. Daffy submarine and mini teacups. And they will build a new entrance to the Seaport right across from where the mini teacups are now. That empty Granny house is history. This opens up the walkway from Congo to what might be the ride entrance back by the restrooms without going through the kids area. 

I think the entrance will be where the Wasteland Trail began and the exit will be towards Granny. 

I think if we get a coaster in the Seaport Congo area I think it would be the perfect time to give Congo the TLC it deserves. Congo deserves some new theming and rock work. It would be great to have  the waterfalls working again with some new  elements like tribe heads that shoot water out randomly. It would be great to have some interaction with the new coaster maybe like a dive under Congo and on to the island in the middle of Congo ( I don’t know how possible this is but it seems cool). I would want the park to add bamboo around the ride if it does go on the island to make it seem mysterious. I want Congo to have a stronger theme with more presence then what is currently their.  Great Adventure has the perfect opportunity to bring new life into an older ride.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, CrazyCoaster said:

I think if we get a coaster in the Seaport Congo area I think it would be the perfect time to give Congo the TLC it deserves. Congo deserves some new theming and rock work. It would be great to have  the waterfalls working again with some new  elements like tribe heads that shoot water out randomly. It would be great to have some interaction with the new coaster maybe like a dive under Congo and on to the island in the middle of Congo ( I don’t know how possible this is but it seems cool). I would want the park to add bamboo around the ride if it does go on the island to make it seem mysterious. I want Congo to have a stronger theme with more presence then what is currently their.  Great Adventure has the perfect opportunity to bring new life into an older ride.

As much as I would love this, another user earlier mentioned how having a coaster interact with Toro would be against NJ State Law, and if that is the case then that would probably apply here as well (which is really annoying, because your idea is really good)

Edited by Tower

1 minute ago, Tower said:

As much as I would love this, another user earlier mentioned how having a coaster interact with Toro would be against NJ State Law, and if that is the case then that would probably apply here as well (which is really annoying, because your idea is really good)

I mean, look at American Dream’s spinning coaster and their Eurofighter. Those interact with each other.

1 hour ago, Tower said:

Thanks! I tried being as creative as possible. However I don’t believe if the state wouldn’t allow a ride to go under Toro they wouldn’t allow something under Congo River Rapids. I do think their could be an exception to steel rides because the rides at the American Dream. ( This might be because the state may view a wooden coaster as less stable, I don’t know I am just guessing). I do hope Congo does receive some love being that parks are starting to take their rapids rides very seriously (Infinity Falls and Calico River Rapids). Both rides have opened in the past year and have shown immersion and rapid rides are very popular. And may I add  both rides have very long lines on normal days. Theming can be an inexpensive way to make guests want to ride a ride that was previously not as popular. It’s also an easy way to advertise the park instead of the same commercial where they lie about going higher on Kingda Ka, faster on Nitro, etc. They can finally tell the truth and say ride the new coaster, get wetter on the newly improved Congo River Rapids, and ride other favorites like El Toro, Kingda Ka, and Safari Off Road Adventure. They could close it out by saying their is so much new and improved things at Six Flags Great Adventure the question is why are waiting to come?! ( Then a season pass deal closes the commercial well). I took marketing and business classes so I know what I am talking about Hopefully if the park reads the forum they see this and get an idea for not only Congo River Rapids improvements but also a new way to advertise the park. 

1 hour ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

What mystery 2020 addition would be?

Most likely would be RMC Raptor.

Worlds largest and tallest merchandise shop!!

• Haha 1

What State Law prevents anything from interacting with Toro? Lest we forget, Toro was built to interact with Rolling Thunder, with one of the most airtime inducing hills built over Rolling Thunder's first drop.