Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

13 hours ago, CrazyCoaster said:

Thanks! I tried being as creative as possible. However I don’t believe if the state wouldn’t allow a ride to go under Toro they wouldn’t allow something under Congo River Rapids. I do think their could be an exception to steel rides because the rides at the American Dream. ( This might be because the state may view a wooden coaster as less stable, I don’t know I am just guessing). I do hope Congo does receive some love being that parks are starting to take their rapids rides very seriously (Infinity Falls and Calico River Rapids). Both rides have opened in the past year and have shown immersion and rapid rides are very popular. And may I add  both rides have very long lines on normal days. Theming can be an inexpensive way to make guests want to ride a ride that was previously not as popular. It’s also an easy way to advertise the park instead of the same commercial where they lie about going higher on Kingda Ka, faster on Nitro, etc. They can finally tell the truth and say ride the new coaster, get wetter on the newly improved Congo River Rapids, and ride other favorites like El Toro, Kingda Ka, and Safari Off Road Adventure. They could close it out by saying their is so much new and improved things at Six Flags Great Adventure the question is why are waiting to come?! ( Then a season pass deal closes the commercial well). I took marketing and business classes so I know what I am talking about Hopefully if the park reads the forum they see this and get an idea for not only Congo River Rapids improvements but also a new way to advertise the park. 

The park puts no TLC into El Toro, tear it down. Problem Solved.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pineracer said:

The park puts no TLC into El Toro, tear it down. Problem Solved.

This isn't true, the park has retracked several sections of El Toro.

4 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

A lot of people would blow off a prediction like this, but I actually think that this is very likely. RMC has said that although there aren't any TRex's in development, they have a model in the works that is supposed to be a hybrid between both that and a raptor. With the announcement on the press release, I think we can all safely eliminate the possibility of this attraction being a clone considering that it's going to break records. Regardless of whether or not this attraction is a coaster, the press release makes a pretty compelling case, and from what I've heard, enthusiasts all over are really enjoying WWGLC and Railblazer, so this would be a pretty cool addition if it becomes a reality. 

Edited by Tower

38 minutes ago, Tower said:

A lot of people would blow off a prediction like this, but I actually think that this is very likely. RMC has said that although there aren't any TRex's in development, they have a model in the works that is supposed to be a hybrid between both that and a raptor. With the announcement on the press release, I think we can all safely eliminate the possibility of this attraction being a clone considering that it's going to break records. Regardless of whether or not this attraction is a coaster, the press release makes a pretty compelling case, and from what I've heard, enthusiasts all over are really enjoying WWGLC and Railblazer, so this would be a pretty cool addition if it becomes a reality. 

Six Flags has called cloned rides “record breaking” time and time again. 

41 minutes ago, Zash said:

Six Flags has called cloned rides “record breaking” time and time again. 

If you are referring to instances such as GAdv and FT getting cloned pendulum rides then yes, but I was referring to the fact that the ride wouldn't be a clone of a ride that currently exists this very second.

3 minutes ago, Tower said:

If you are referring to instances such as GAdv and FT getting cloned pendulum rides then yes, but I was referring to the fact that the ride wouldn't be a clone of a ride that currently exists this very second.

GAdv and FT received "record breaking rides" that were exact clones of CraZanity at MM.  While I agree the park probably isn't getting an exact clone for 2020, we don't have any facts that rule out this possibility.

• Like 1

I might be wrong here but I think for rides that tie a record they say something like worlds tallest ____. Record breaking implies that the record that was previously existent has been exceeded.

11 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Just cus his channel name is Amusement insiders don’t be tricked and think he’s a insider in the amusement industry. 

• Like 1

That announcement says the attraction will open in the SUMMER of 2020. That puts the opening past June 21st. SF usually likes to have their new attractions open by Memorial Day. So either they know they are starting a late construction or this is going to be a very large attraction. 

Some interesting news out of West Coast Customs...

Around the beginning of July, @fake_coaster_news on Instagram posted a fake headline on his page with a caption that read, "Breaking: Six Flags Great Adventure announces the removal of The Joker for the 2020 season. A reliable source told me that this is in regard to the creation of a West Coast Racers style ride that will incorporate the lake. The queue will be where The Joker ride is. Tell me your thoughts."

West Coast Customs themselves commented on the post not once, but twice!

The first comment was the 🤫 emoji, to which @fake_coaster_news replied, "watchu mean???" 

They responded with "just wait on it"

That suspicious comment takes us to today, where I took it upon myself to message West Coast Customs on Instagram.

I messaged them with, "Are you guys working with Six Flags for any 2020 additions? Huge fan of you guys!" at 5 PM today, August 1st.

They replied with, "The ride should be up in November" around 8:35 PM today, August 1st.

Very suspicious stuff from West Coast Customs, considering West Coast Racers has not finished construction yet. Guys, what are we thinking about this?

Screenshots posted below:

3 hours ago, XENITH said:

Around the beginning of July, @fake_coaster_news on Instagram posted a fake headline on his page with a caption that read, "Breaking: Six Flags Great Adventure announces the removal of The Joker for the 2020 season. A reliable source told me that this is in regard to the creation of a West Coast Racers style ride that will incorporate the lake. The queue will be where The Joker ride is. Tell me your thoughts."

The first comment was the 🤫 emoji, to which @fake_coaster_news replied, "watchu mean???" 

That suspicious comment takes us to today, where I took it upon myself to message West Coast Customs on Instagram.

I messaged them with, "Are you guys working with Six Flags for any 2020 additions? Huge fan of you guys!" at 5 PM today, August 1st.

They replied with, "The ride should be up in November" around 8:35 PM today, August 1st.

Very suspicious stuff from West Coast Customs, considering West Coast Racers has not finished construction yet. Guys, what are we thinking about this?

I literally just got a response from West Coast Customs again:

I asked them if the ride was on the west coast, and they replied with, "Yes west coast racers"

FALSE ALARM.

22 minutes ago, XENITH said:

All of this seems decent..... until the “November” part.    That makes no sense. So is it November 2020 they would refer to for a ride to be up or are they saying they will BEGIN building in November ? 

Interesting for sure but confusing.

also I almost guarantee they sign NDA’s so this would be a massive breach and could negatively effect a lot of things 

40 minutes ago, XENITH said:

I can’t seem to find the screenshot of the post you shared. Makes me wonder, but then again that account isn’t exactly the holy grail of information. 

3 hours ago, jakesch18 said:

I might be wrong here but I think for rides that tie a record they say something like worlds tallest ____. Record breaking implies that the record that was previously existent has been exceeded.

They called Wonder Woman "record breaking" 🤦‍♂️

If they going to demolish the looney tunes seaport, i bet a coaster could go here with the enterance in the old koala canyon and looney tunes seaport enterance way as well as a theater like the size of Sesame place paradise theater could go in the current looney tunes enterance way and Seaport Eats, and maybe a retheme of adventure seaport to steampunk area with congo rapids retheme to fit with steampunk theme and nitro gets retheme but the name remains, maybe move the rapids mainentrance pool to the middle of the rapids ride and add a disko in it place and please connect Adventure seaport with Movietown

Edited by harry2004

I agree that the "record breaking" idea is something to be taken with a grain of salt. As far as legendary and monstrous, while we would love for these to be details of the attraction itself, I also believe, along with other users in this thread, that they are equally likely the details of the theme of this attraction.

I am inclined to believe that Great Adventure will receive a Maxx Force clone, since it's a smaller project in nature than other large rides at our park, as Screamscape alluded to. It would also fit the "record breaking" bill, as it would tie Maxx Force at Great America (i.e. fastest acceleration in North America, fastest inversion, tallest double inversion), and also fits the bill of "Tall, Fast, & Made of Steel" that was said at Running of the Bulls 2018.

The narrow foot print of this ride would fit well into the area that is being speculated behind Congo Rapids & Looney Tunes Seaport. Just my two cents, and the prediction that I am going to stick to (until, or if, more information surfaces).

AR-180839986.jpg&updated=201808300830&Ma

28 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

I agree that the "record breaking" idea is something to be taken with a grain of salt. As far as legendary and monstrous, while we would love for these to be details of the attraction itself, I also believe, along with other users in this thread, that they are equally likely the details of the theme of this attraction.

I am inclined to believe that Great Adventure will receive a Maxx Force clone, since it's a smaller project in nature than other large rides at our park, as Screamscape alluded to. It would also fit the "record breaking" bill, as it would tie Maxx Force at Great America (i.e. fastest acceleration in North America, fastest inversion, tallest double inversion), and also fits the bill of "Tall, Fast, & Made of Steel" that was said at Running of the Bulls 2018.

The narrow foot print of this ride would fit well into the area that is being speculated behind Congo Rapids & Looney Tunes Seaport. Just my two cents, and the prediction that I am going to stick to (until, or if, more information surfaces).

AR-180839986.jpg&updated=201808300830&Ma

Or RMC Raptor (customized) if you mind.

2 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Or RMC Raptor (customized) if you mind.

I also, potentially, support the idea of a custom RMC single rail. I have followed this speculation for a while, and I have enjoyed your energy and enthusiasm. I hope we get one so that you can go and enjoy it in 2020!

I just don't want your feelings to be hurt if we do not end up getting one. The reason I suspect S&S is because Six Flags buys product(s) in bulk, and/or does business deals (e.g. Funtime, Larson, Zamperla), and it would make sense to introduce another S&S air launch coaster in the subsequent year after Maxx Force. Especially within the context of what we know, as I've laid out in my prediction post. It is a practical, cost-effective option, and quite effective at pleasing the general public with its grandeur appearance, and impressive speeds.

I disagree, an S&S air launch coaster doesn't make any sense at this park with Kingda Ka here and would be difficult to market.

36 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

I disagree, an S&S air launch coaster doesn't make any sense at this park with Kingda Ka here and would be difficult to market.

Agreed.. another elite launch coaster will make little to no sense. 

I appreciate the feedback, but by both of yours' logic, that didn't stop Magic Mountain from installing West Coast Racers while having another Premier Rides launch coaster (Full Throttle), and also having a mobius loop coaster in the park (Twisted Colossus), as well as another dueling launched coaster (S:EK). Sure, it is a different experience than any of those 3, but I feel as though an air launch is different enough from other experiences in the park as well. Kingda Ka is marketable for being the tallest in the world - it doesn't feature any inversions, which an S&S would bring to the table.

Just my thoughts, but being able to disagree and have a conversation is what makes the speculation process so exciting. I personally would prefer an RMC, but I instinctively feel safer predicting something from S&S, or even Premier.

1 hour ago, Gyrotron said:

I appreciate the feedback, but by both of yours' logic, that didn't stop Magic Mountain from installing West Coast Racers while having another Premier Rides launch coaster (Full Throttle), and also having a mobius loop coaster in the park (Twisted Colossus), as well as another dueling launched coaster (S:EK). Sure, it is a different experience than any of those 3, but I feel as though an air launch is different enough from other experiences in the park as well. Kingda Ka is marketable for being the tallest in the world - it doesn't feature any inversions, which an S&S would bring to the table.

Just my thoughts, but being able to disagree and have a conversation is what makes the speculation process so exciting. I personally would prefer an RMC, but I instinctively feel safer predicting something from S&S, or even Premier.

I think most of us can safely rule out anything from Premier Rides because of the whole Chiller fiasco, however something from S&S could theoretically happen. I still stand by and predict a hybrid between a Raptor and TRex, where the track is just wide enough for two people to be seated in each row, as well as the ride having some sort of MCBR. 

8 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

I disagree Magic mtn has full thortle and Superman... just shows a launch isn’t the defining feature of a ride.

Edited by jakesch18