Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

3 hours ago, Tower said:

I think most of us can safely rule out anything from Premier Rides because of the whole Chiller fiasco, however something from S&S could theoretically happen. I still stand by and predict a hybrid between a Raptor and TRex, where the track is just wide enough for two people to be seated in each row, as well as the ride having some sort of MCBR. 

Not that I am saying you are wrong, because the Chiller was plagued with problems, but those days are behind Premier so it seems. Premier seems to exclusively work with LSM launches nowadays, and Six Flags as a parent company has shown willingness to work with them, with recent projects including: Superman: Ultimate Flight (SFDK), Full Throttle (SFMM), and West Coast Racers (SFMM). 

Not to mention, both of the Mr. Freeze coasters are still operational. If I recall correctly, the power outages that were caused by the Chiller, as well as its numerous technical difficulties, were primarily due to both LIM launch(es) over-abusing the power grid. The Batman side eventually ceased to operate in order to sacrifice its parts for the Robin side, but my point is that Premier is in a new era, and I don't think Great Adventure would avoid working with them given Premier's clean slate in the current market.

With all that being said, I would love for the intermediate single rail to land at Great Adventure. I am cautiously optimistic, but everyone seems excited. We will know for sure in about 3 weeks.

This is sort of off topic, but it’d sure be nice for the park to add something like the museum they had for the 40th season, but instead have it open year round and consistently update it. The museum was so well done and I feel like many parks have something that showcases it’s history, so why not make a whole store like the museum. Perhaps they could make it like Universal’s Prop Shop and sell certain items. They could always use the abandoned paintball building for it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CrazyCoaster said:

I just hope whatever the park decides to add it isn’t a clone of a ride at another park.

I think the problem the most of us have with clones is that all of them tend to be really short. Wonder Woman is short, Maxx Force is short, the free spin clone we added was short, Dark Knight was short, so on and so forth. I don't think anyone here would be complaining if a clone of Steel Vengeance somehow made it's way to our park, but for the most part I agree with you. It would really be nice to see another coaster that's unique to GAdv.

40 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:
What is this stuff? No one cares about that topic. SFGadv IS getting a new coaster next year.

Obviously nobody knows what we’re getting regardless of what is said, however I do find a lot of misinformation and contradictions in that Reddit post. Just know that everything said by literally anyone at this point in time is purely speculation and we’ll know nothing until 5:00AM on August 29th.

Edited by Tower

4 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

What is this stuff? No one cares about that topic. SFGadv IS getting a new coaster next year.

To put it simply, this guy has no idea what he’s talking about. He’s just a plain old SFMM fanboy, ugh the worst.

1. there doesnt need to be large scale land clearing, for the most part the plot of land this coaster is going on is basically clear, just storage that needs to be moved out, similar to what was around WW’s space

2. This guy doesnt understand that not every Six Flags does teasers and it’s up to each park’s marketing to determine whether to tease or not, and GA has not teased since Looping Dragon and they probably stopped bc of that lmao

3. The worst park for leaks?? We’re keeping track of that now? 

4. This guy obviously hasnt heard of the flags behind Congo, Winkler’s “tall,steel, and fast” ( or his burner acc ;)) but more importantly the message GAdv sent out. 

Six Flags FUN, don’t believe everything you read on the internet. Check facts before getting all excited/worked up. 

Edited by MitchCaltabiano
  • Like 1

I agree, whoever posted that thread sounds jaded and bitter. If Screamscape is reporting that it is likely going to be a coaster, that is more credible than someone who is just pessimistically voicing their sentiments. However, Screamscape also said not to get our expectations too high, since the project is expected to be modest in nature. I personally feel that a custom single rail would be a rather robust project, so I'm not entirely supportive of that theory honestly.

16 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

I agree, whoever posted that thread sounds jaded and bitter. If Screamscape is reporting that it is likely going to be a coaster, that is more credible than someone who is just pessimistically voicing their sentiments. However, Screamscape also said not to get our expectations too high, since the project is expected to be modest in nature. I personally feel that a custom single rail would be a rather robust project, so I'm not entirely supportive of that theory honestly.

Well when you take Kingda Ka, Nitro, and El Toro into account, a Raptor would be a pretty modest sizest coaster. I mean generally these things are meant to be found at smaller parks and aren’t gonna be the most intense coaster. I guess it’s all about the way you wanna look at it, but i’d see it as a lower tier coaster. nonetheless will be a great ride!

I think we interpreted Screamscape's wording slightly differently. I imagined that he used those three coasters as a rhetorical way of conveying that this is likely a smaller, cookie-cutter addition.  When he stated "this isn't going to be another Nitro, El Toro or Kingda Ka sized project", this could have a variety of meanings. Are we saying that those three are vastly larger projects? In which case, a clone or shortened-layout would fit. Or is this going to still be something hefty, but just not at the same price-tag as the aforementioned three? In which case, the idea of a single rail would make sense. I have to say, I am intrigued.

With both of those interpretations in mind, your theory of a raptor could perhaps meet with my own theory of a clone; but that would be a bit of a shame to think that the "world record breaking" would just be to tie with Railblazer and WWGLC as "tallest and fastest single rail coaster in the world". That's not something I would put past Six Flags though, honestly. 

Wasn’t the “world record” in 2018 that Cyborg was the first Cyborg themed ride in the world? What a terrible way to break a world record. I hope the record is actually ride related, not theme related.

21 minutes ago, mattkopp23 said:

Wasn’t the “world record” in 2018 that Cyborg was the first Cyborg themed ride in the world? What a terrible way to break a world record. I hope the record is actually ride related, not theme related.

I know what you are referring to, but the exact wording in that teaser was "world's first" - not "world record breaking". The teaser for the 2020 announcement uses different verbiage altogether.

Edited by Gyrotron
Clarification

20 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

I know what you are referring to, but the exact wording in that teaser was "world's first" - not "world record breaking". The teaser for the 2020 announcement uses different verbiage altogether.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure before the Cyborg announcement it was promoted Great Adventures 2018 addition would be “record breaking”.

It wasn't promoted as being "record breaking". As I said, it was teased as a "world's first", and everyone began to run rampant that this would be something related to the attraction itself; when in fact, it was just the theme. I also recall the park teasing that we would be "seeing red" in an Instagram story (i.e. the Cyborg theme), on the day of the solar eclipse, which was about a week before the announcement for Cyborg. I don't recall anything about a world record during that period of teasers.

Something I really overlooked in all of my posts, that many of you seem to have quickly addressed in your own theories, is that the teaser says "world record breaking". I apologize for this. I do not recall the park teasing something of this magnitude for Wonder Woman's announcement - where they specifically stated it would be a "thrilling, super-sized" addition, despite tying with the incumbent CraZanity (SFMM) for world's tallest pendulum ride.

I think many of you perhaps have the right line of thinking, that this will be a unique attraction to Great Adventure. I do not want to get carried away with a theory of my own, or corroborate someone else's theory, but I believe we have reason to at least be excited for something special.

21 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

I think many of you perhaps have the right line of thinking, that this will be a unique attraction to Great Adventure. I do not want to get carried away with a theory of my own, or corroborate someone else's theory, but I believe we have reason to at least be excited for something special.

I absolutely agree! Just to bring up a potential idea, I came across a video that had Alan Shilkie himself confirming that the next RMC Raptor would be taller and faster, along with it being a custom layout. I know GAdv has said that the 2020 addition would be a "World Record-Breaking Project" So if GAdv advertised it as the world's tallest, fastest, and longest single rail coaster in the world, that would absolutely fit the bill! 

8 minutes ago, EasternThrills said:

I absolutely agree! Just to bring up a potential idea, I came across a video that had Alan Shilkie himself confirming that the next RMC Raptor would be taller and faster, along with it being a custom layout. I know GAdv has said that the 2020 addition would be a "World Record-Breaking Project" So if GAdv advertised it as the world's tallest, fastest, and longest single rail coaster in the world, that would absolutely fit the bill! 

I was also thinking they were going to advertise it as the tallest, fastest, longest, etc. single rail coaster

Wow - consider my interest piqued! I have not seen or heard of this information until now; this video was in November 2018, and it really sounds as though the design in question was well in the works by that point. This also fits the timeline of the Riding of the Bulls verbal teaser from President Winkler (2 months prior to the video), which was similar to what Schilke himself describes. Very interesting.

I honestly was hoping that Great Adventure would wait a little longer to perhaps purchase the intermediate single rail that Schilke has mentioned in past interviews, but a beggar can't be a chooser.

1988733663_ScreenShot2019-08-05at7_35_37PM.png.6d16df4019c2085e63b28e221fa53692.png

So.. this has been on the map since opening day of this season.. I was hoping somebody would notice this by now.

11 minutes ago, Joseph_D said:

1988733663_ScreenShot2019-08-05at7_35_37PM.png.6d16df4019c2085e63b28e221fa53692.png

So.. this has been on the map since opening day of this season.. I was hoping somebody would notice this by now.

We discussed the DC Universe signs in the following topic.

http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Forums/index.php?/topic/5738-2019-sfga-theme-park-map/

If you meant the large green space,  a Fright Fest maze is being constructed there.

1 hour ago, Medusa42 said:

We discussed the DC Universe signs in the following topic.

http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Forums/index.php?/topic/5738-2019-sfga-theme-park-map/

If you meant the large green space,  a Fright Fest maze is being constructed there.

I meant the DC Universe signs.. And I am aware of the Fright Fest maze space.. But thank you for informing me..

23 hours ago, Tower said:

Obviously nobody knows what we’re getting regardless of what is said, however I do find a lot of misinformation and contradictions in that Reddit post. Just know that everything said by literally anyone at this point in time is purely speculation and we’ll know nothing until 5:00AM on August 29th.

You know that part of the fun is to guess, right?

If the mystery raptor in question is actually coming to Great Adventure, I am hoping the layout is at least near or above 3,000 feet of track length. Railblazer and WWGLC are both 1,800 feet in length, packing in 3 inversions in that space. Just by inference, I'd expect the bigger layout to have at least 3 inversions, meeting the clones' specifications.

What would you guys like a new roller coaster (if the park were to receive one) to be themed to? I personally hope the park sticks to its guns and goes for another DC character, further building the park's repertoire of action heroes and villains that span the skyline.

Edited by Gyrotron
Formatting