Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

5 hours ago, Gyrotron said:

If the mystery raptor in question is actually coming to Great Adventure, I am hoping the layout is at least near or above 3,000 feet of track length. Railblazer and WWGLC are both 1,800 feet in length, packing in 3 inversions in that space. Just by inference, I'd expect the bigger layout to have at least 3 inversions, meeting the clones' specifications.

What would you guys like a new roller coaster (if the park were to receive one) to be themed to? I personally hope the park sticks to its guns and goes for another DC character, further building the park's repertoire of action heroes and villains that span the skyline.

We havent seen any new Six Flags trademarks so its likely a DC theme

21 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

a Fright Fest maze is being constructed there.

Apparently, the “Aftermath” maze next to Looney Tunes Seaport is moving to that location.

43 minutes ago, Mr.Six said:

Apparently, the “Aftermath” maze next to Looney Tunes Seaport is moving to that location.

This adds more credibility to the rumors of that area near Looney Tunes Seaport receiving the 2020 addition. Do you mind sharing where you heard this information?

1 hour ago, Gyrotron said:

This adds more credibility to the rumors of that area near Looney Tunes Seaport receiving the 2020 addition. Do you mind sharing where you heard this information?

There are photos of it, let me link them in a minute.

https://gyazo.com/852097c4dbf8c7140fd695c17c328e6f

https://gyazo.com/ac28ab2b25c0c1a035e4339d6cee91b1

@Gyrotron

I wish Great Adventure had a ride themed to Lex Luthor, or even Doomsday. They would be good themes for an intense and thrilling attraction, considering they’re both villains. Doomsday is more fitting to the “legendary and monstrous” teaser, though.

On 4/4/2019 at 7:18 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

When SFNE changed their Bizarro back to Superman I suggested to the park that they bring back the Medusa name and use Elton John's "The Bitch is Back" in their TV advertising.  SFGA - I still invite you to use this idea!

MEDUSA.jpg

Still an option for 2020!

16 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

They could always name the new ride Medusa.

Screen+shot+2014-01-09+at+8.22.45+PM.png

Call me crazy but I really wouldn't mind an exact clone of that exact coaster.

There is also the possibility that they could go with “Titan”, or “Goliath”. I wouldn’t mind either, and I think both of those names are appropriate for a tall, steel coaster. 

9 hours ago, MitchCaltabiano said:

Or they could name it El Diablo because the GP would never realize

I would prefer that they not, especially if it is going in the spot near Looney Tunes Seaport. 

Please no Goliath at our park. That name is so overused but I wouldn’t mind Medusa being used again. That was one of the best coaster names ever for GAdv.

I feel like the marketing team doesn’t even try at this point. I mean, why would they? With an IP like DC, they probably figure what’s the point in coming up with something creative when the IP sells itself. 

My my vote is still for a Jersey Devil attraction at the park. What better way to capitalize on Jersey “culture”. 

Edited by Prince94

I prefer a Jersey Devil theme and it makes sense considering SFGAdv refused to give Over Texas the Diablo statue, but who knows if its just be kept in storage or if they actually plan on using it for a future attraction

In my opinion Goliath is a quintessential name of the Six Flags brand, and it makes sense for a roller coaster that would be large in scale. I would rather Bizarro be converted back to Medusa, rather than a new coaster to have the theme. 

Wouldn't Six Flags have filed a trademark by now for "The Jersey Devil" if they are using that exact theme, or does it not require a trademark? By this time last year we had already heard of the "West Coast Racers" and "Maxx Force" trademarks.

7 hours ago, Gyrotron said:

Wouldn't Six Flags have filed a trademark by now for "The Jersey Devil" if they are using that exact theme, or does it not require a trademark? By this time last year we had already heard of the "West Coast Racers" and "Maxx Force" trademarks.

Probably. If there was a trademark filed I’m sure we would know about it by now. The coaster community wouldn’t let that slip under the radar lol 

Also, no regular guests know that Goliath is a name used at other Six Flags parks. So to say it is overused does not matter to corporate. The name works, it catches peoples' attention, and guests don't even know rides exist at other parks with the same name.

7 minutes ago, Prince94 said:

Probably. If there was a trademark filed I’m sure we would know about it by now. The coaster community wouldn’t let that slip under the radar lol 

Zumanjaro wasn’t trademarked until the end of August (Filing date was August 27th)

I’m going to be at the park tomorrow so I’ll try my absolute best to see what’s going on over in the Looney Toons Seaport. 

4 hours ago, Tower said:

I’m going to be at the park tomorrow so I’ll try my absolute best to see what’s going on over in the Looney Toons Seaport. 

Awesome! 

On 8/6/2019 at 8:25 PM, Six Flags FUN! said:

Does 2020 addition aka custom RMC Raptor will put near by Looney Tunes Seaport?

No it doesn’t 

12 hours ago, EasternThrills said:

Zumanjaro wasn’t trademarked until the end of August (Filing date was August 27th)

I would love to see the trademark for the new addition appear at that time. The community would be absolutely blindsided by Six Flags, and I would be living for it!

1 hour ago, Squidy2201 said:

Anyone think we could see the return of the name Total Mayhem?

I was also thinking of this - I recall when they switched out this name for Joker. However, according to this website (https://trademark.trademarkia.com/total-mayhem-86669651.html) it appears that the trademark is dead, and has been abandoned (2016-09-26 ABANDONMENT NOTICE MAILED - NO USE STATEMENT FILED).