Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

Go to at 12:38 mark folks....There was unconfirmed or confirmed there was MIGHT be blue Raptor track coming to NJ possibly for Great Adventure next year.

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

The statement with the blue raptor track heading to NJ is intriguing, but he doesnt state a clear source, plus i dont think track would already be appearing

51 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Go to at 12:38 mark folks....There was unconfirmed or confirmed there was MIGHT be blue Raptor track coming to NJ possibly for Great Adventure next year.

This rumor originated from one person, over an Instagram direct message who allegedly saw this track.

I won’t lie, I’ll be really bummed out if New England gets a massive custom coaster and Great Adventure doesn’t.   Not that NE doesn’t deserve one but they just RMC’d a coaster a few years back ....  it’s just idk. 

I ended up visiting GAdv today and was able to roughly see what was going on but I sadly wasn't able to take pictures as I was with a group, however I did see something definitely going on behind the Safari Kids area (directly behind it) and I think it could be land clearing but I have no clue. We'll just have to wait until August 29th.

3 minutes ago, Tower said:

I ended up visiting GAdv today and was able to roughly see what was going on but I sadly wasn't able to take pictures as I was with a group, however I did see something definitely going on behind the Safari Kids area (directly behind it) and I think it could be land clearing but I have no clue. We'll just have to wait until August 29th.

If it’s land clearing that’s a very good sign. Did you see any excavators or any diggers on the site at all? @Tower

1 hour ago, EasternThrills said:

If it’s land clearing that’s a very good sign. Did you see any excavators or any diggers on the site at all? @Tower

I was a distance away so I couldn’t get that good of a look but I was able to tell that atleast some work was taking place of some sort. Hopefully we’ll get more information as more people investigate the area. 

5 hours ago, MitchCaltabiano said:

The statement with the blue raptor track heading to NJ is intriguing, but he doesnt state a clear source, plus i dont think track would already be appearing

Yeah, that’s a very large area.

spark+nj+dmap.jpg

• Haha 2

Here is an idea for gaining construction updates. A while back, I rode Nitro and noticed that there were a couple kayaks in the water right next to Nitro. They were just sitting and watching. Any chance there would be a view of the construction from the lake? There is a public access area just past the six flags entrance. I don't have a kayak but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a willing enthusiast.

2 hours ago, Squidy2201 said:

Here is an idea for gaining construction updates. A while back, I rode Nitro and noticed that there were a couple kayaks in the water right next to Nitro. They were just sitting and watching. Any chance there would be a view of the construction from the lake? There is a public access area just past the six flags entrance. I don't have a kayak but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a willing enthusiast.

G.A.H. meet up at Prospertown Lake 😄

I think I can safely predict that we’ll be receiving a custom Raptor for next year. Alan Schilke himself said that the next Raptor to be going out to a park will have a different design, and will be taller and faster (he mentioned this on an interview posted on Instagram, it can be found on this thread as well somewhere). With that being said I’m not sure what else I plan to do but wait until the 29th and see what’s going on, because there isn’t a lot of construction in place that’s in easy viewing at least. I’m not sure what else to do besides wait, as I’m surely as excited as the next person. 

Edited by Tower

If it’s tall then we wouldn’t get a West Coast Racers coaster because it’s only 67 ft

4 minutes ago, Rws0704 said:

If it’s tall then we wouldn’t get a West Coast Racers coaster because it’s only 67 ft

That’s what I’ve been thinking, as that sort of addition doesn’t really fit what the park president said at last year’s ACE event. Yet again not a lot of people really know about what was said at last year’s ACE event so there’s that 

1 hour ago, Tower said:

I think I can safely predict that we’ll be receiving a custom Raptor for next year. Alan Schilke himself said that the next Raptor to be going out to a park will have a different design, and will be taller and faster (he mentioned this on an interview posted on Instagram, it can be found on this thread as well somewhere). With that being said I’m not sure what else I plan to do but wait until the 29th and see what’s going on, because there isn’t a lot of construction in place that’s in easy viewing at least. I’m not sure what else to do besides wait, as I’m surely as excited as the next person. 

I absolutely agree. The single rail records for tallest and fastest in the world are easy to break considering the tallest single rail in the world (Wonder Woman: Golden Lasso coaster at SFFT) is 113 feet tall, and it’s records can easily be broken. My guess would be 115-150 feet tall (I know it’s a wide range) and 2200-3000 feet of track. It could be more or less of course but who knows. Railblazer at CGA didn’t start groundwork until late August/early September so IF Six Flags Great Adventure  were to receive an RMC Raptor I think it could begin around that time as well! 

43 minutes ago, EasternThrills said:

I absolutely agree. The single rail records for tallest and fastest in the world are easy to break considering the tallest single rail in the world (Wonder Woman: Golden Lasso coaster at SFFT) is 113 feet tall, and it’s records can easily be broken. My guess would be 115-150 feet tall (I know it’s a wide range) and 2200-3000 feet of track. It could be more or less of course but who knows. Railblazer at CGA didn’t start groundwork until late August/early September so IF Six Flags Great Adventure  were to receive an RMC Raptor I think it could begin around that time as well! 

I honestly expect it to be a lot bigger (if it happens) considering there’s a lot of emphasis on its size (from the ACE event and the press release) but I absolutely agree with your claim about construction, especially with the argument people have been making about WCRs construction despite the fact that a dueling premier takes a lot more time to put together than a Raptor based on what we’ve seen from its construction lately. 

Edited by Tower

8 minutes ago, Tower said:

I honestly expect it to be a lot bigger (if it happens) considering there’s a lot of emphasis on its size (from the ACE event and the press release) 

How tall would you guess the (potential) RMC Raptor could be? (Based off of ROTB and the August Press Event)

Edited by EasternThrills

8 minutes ago, EasternThrills said:

How tall would you guess the (potential) RMC Raptor could be? (Based off of ROTB and the August Press Event)

I think we could expect something around 175 - 200ft, and normally I would be skeptical of that but with what Dive Machines have done over the years being over 200ft (some taller than our hyper) and having plenty of inversions, it makes sense why people think this custom model can and will be huge. 

A 200 foot raptor would have an epic drop. It’s been said that Wonder Woman and Railblazer have intense drops, I can only imagine what something twice the size would be. The larger raptor model could become one of the best RMCs, regardless of where it goes. Hopefully Great Adventure!

11 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

A 200 foot raptor would have an epic drop. It’s been said that Wonder Woman and Railblazer have intense drops, I can only imagine what something twice the size would be. The larger raptor model could become one of the best RMCs, regardless of where it goes. Hopefully Great Adventure!

Assuming it ends up going in the area over by Congo, it would add another really awesome coaster next to Nitro and Batman. With the new walkway that was added to connect Kingda Ka with El Toro (amazing addition honestly), I think the park is taking steps to add a lot of attractions so that people don’t have to walk back and forth from Plaza del Carnival to Metropolis as often as they do now. 

7 minutes ago, Tower said:

Assuming it ends up going in the area over by Congo, it would add another really awesome coaster next to Nitro and Batman. With the new walkway that was added to connect Kingda Ka with El Toro (amazing addition honestly), I think the park is taking steps to add a lot of attractions so that people don’t have to walk back and forth from Plaza del Carnival to Metropolis as often as they do now. 

Absolutely. I love what they’re doing with adding rides to the right side to balance out all of the areas. Now I hope that they can do some major work on landscaping, as that would really improve the park more! 

Something I was thinking about earlier today was how the August Press Event for August 29th mentioned “Legendary” and “Monstrous” in the details for the 2020 addition. What type of theme could you possibly see for the 2020 ride coming to GAdv? 

3 minutes ago, EasternThrills said:

Something I was thinking about earlier today was how the August Press Event for August 29th mentioned “Legendary” and “Monstrous” in the details for the 2020 addition. What type of theme could you possibly see for the 2020 ride coming to GAdv? 

Simple. DC Comics superhero themed to Swamp Thing called Swamp Thing Rails of Terror or Shazam or the Flash themed (custom RMC Raptor).

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

16 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Simple. DC Comics superhero themed to Swamp Thing called Swamp Thing Rails of Terror or Shazam or the Flash themed (custom RMC Raptor).

While theme isn’t the most important thing, I’d love to see something original more than anything and I’m sure everyone else here would agree. 

The sort of thing that I’m most curious about is whether or not “legendary” and “monstrous” was in referral to the attractions theme or the specifications of the attraction itself.

36 minutes ago, Tower said:

While theme isn’t the most important thing, I’d love to see something original more than anything and I’m sure everyone else here would agree. 

Oh absolutely. I really hope that GADV’s 2020 addition has an original name!  

36 minutes ago, Tower said:

The sort of thing that I’m most curious about is whether or not “legendary” and “monstrous” was in referral to the attractions theme or the specifications of the attraction itself.

I think it could mean either one, the other, or possibly both. I really hope it’s both, just because I’d love monstrous stats for the (potential) roller coaster, along with a monstrous and legendary theme!