Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

8 minutes ago, Mr.Six said:

A lot of people are worried about the capacity of a Raptor.  Going off the Six Flags Fiesta Texas model, it dispatched 650 riders/per hour.  The Joker at GADV isn’t too far off at around 720 riders/per hour.  The capacity isn’t great, but personally, I don’t think it’s the worst.

The rumor is that the Raptor will have a MCBR of some sort, which will allow the coaster to run multiple trains. Great Adventure has great operations as is so I think multiple trains plus a MCBR will solve the capacity issues or at least make them not as bad as most people envision them to be.

Edited by Tower

3 minutes ago, Mr.Six said:

A lot of people are worried about the capacity of a Raptor.  Going off the Six Flags Fiesta Texas model, it dispatched 650 riders/per hour.  The Joker at GADV isn’t too far off at around 720 riders/per hour.  The capacity isn’t great, but personally, I don’t think it’s the worst.

If it really is a Raptor, it would be nice to have 10-12 passengers per train, a mid-course brake run, and 3-4 trains consistently running at the same time. I think that, with those conditions, the capacity would be a marked improvement over the Raptor clones. I would even go as far as saying they could reach 800 riders/per hour, if they have 12 passenger trains (66.67 dispatches needed per hour). With a moving station, dispatches less than a minute are entirely plausible.

I'd like a Grid themed ride to go next to Cyborg in 2020.

Just remember, this "rumor" has been going around in circles for a year now. After a while everyone forgets where it started and no one knows how valid it is. When any 12 year old can make a video that says "ZOMG teh Dippin DOts guy says we're getting a raptor, and three people said it was true" doesn't make it any more true. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, GAcoaster said:

Just remember, this "rumor" has been going around in circles for a year now. After a while everyone forgets where it started and no one knows how valid it is. When any 12 year old can make a video that says "ZOMG teh Dippin DOts guy says we're getting a raptor, and three people said it was true" doesn't make it any more true. 

Interesting you mention that, because the Screamscape rumor was just taken down. 

39 minutes ago, Zash said:

Interesting you mention that, because the Screamscape rumor was just taken down. 

I still see the rumor posted on Screamscape.

41 minutes ago, Zash said:

Not even that, all of the rumors even pointing towards a coaster were taken down. I have no clue what we're even getting anymore, can August 29th come any slower?

Edited by Tower

2 minutes ago, MitchCaltabiano said:

Yeah it still is on Screamscape as of 4:46 pm

You're right, it just happened to be moved all the way to the bottom of the page, but it's still there.

1 minute ago, Tower said:

You're right, it just happened to be moved all the way to the bottom of the page, but it's still there.

Speculation of future additions is always at the bottom of the park page on Screamscape.

16 minutes ago, hollyferry said:

They just posted this on their Facebook page. 

Screenshot_20190812-171739_Facebook.jpg

At this point I’ll personally rule out a kids expansion but anything can happen. All I know is that we’re starting to enter the end game fellas.

edit: I literally just noticed that there will be a weeks worth of hints. If I know anything, it’s that they wouldn’t be doing this for something small.

Edited by Tower

1 minute ago, Tower said:

At this point I’ll personally rule out a kids expansion but anything can happen. All I know is that we’re starting to enter the end game fellas.

I’m very happy that they’ll be teasing for whatever is coming to GAdv in 2020! 

If that is an actual clue, I'm going with Riddler and Two Face dueler.

But the next 17 days are going to be fun guessing!

26 minutes ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Maybe it is four rides in a new DC Super Friends area!  🤨

Have other Six Flags chains teased DC Super Friends areas?

Not sure what the teaser is referring to. There isn’t a Riddler themed ride at Great Adventure, if I’m not mistaken. That is a common DC character used at several parks, they could just go with “Riddler’s (or Riddler) Revenge”. He is not “legendary and monstrous”, so maybe those could refer to the ride’s stats.

That teaser seemed interesting to me based on the fact that the number six is on there so many times. A die has six sides with the highest number of six, six days of six clues from Six Flags. I feel like that is the biggest clue of this teaser. What it could mean, I don't know. Six inversions? Six world records(by six flags' standards)? Six launches? Six minutes? Six trains? Six characters? Six rides? 

12 minutes ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Six six six (666) is always code for the devil.  

On top of that, add "Legendary and Monstrous." 

The Jersey Devil. The El Diablo statue. 

What if Great Adventure does a themed section to the New Jersey Devils like Kennywood did the the Steelers?

I believe that the new ride should be themed to the Jersey Devil.  There could be massive Fright Fest tie-ins to the new ride, and like 29yrswithaGApass said, the use of six-six-six is very interesting, and could definitely be tied in to the name of the new ride.  When gamble is said in the teaser, it could be referring to a new ride type, as they would be "taking a gamble" on the model.  I doubt it'd be a T-Rex, but maybe a Raptor with 2-Across seating could be considered as a new model.  A scramble could maybe be referring to the fact that the ride has multiple inversions 🤔.  Or many highly twisty turns, or even helixes and/or a twister section?  It'll be very interesting to see what they go for.

Another thing to consider is the fact that Dorney Park is heavily rumored to receive either an RMC Raptor or a GCI.  If both parks windup getting a Raptor, the general public will see it as the parks copying each other due to their close proximity, which certainly isn't ideal for either park.

19 minutes ago, coliwood_studios said:

Another thing to consider is the fact that Dorney Park is heavily rumored to receive either an RMC Raptor or a GCI.  If both parks windup getting a Raptor, the general public will see it as the parks copying each other due to their close proximity, which certainly isn't ideal for either park.

The close proximity could be great for RMC though. When you think about it, they are so close, they can just split a crew over the two parks. Maybe share truck shipment. Meaning having parts for both parks on the same truck. That is given that both parks would have to be receiving an RMC in 2020. 

• Like 1