Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

3 minutes ago, Rdudeq said:

I saw some weird YouTube video about a guy who “claims” that he knows all the of the details about the ride and what will happen. 

Its most likely extremely false but ya never know.

I don't buy it. BUT, If what he is saying is true, it honestly might be the T-Rex

1 minute ago, ForTheWin44 said:

I don't buy it. BUT, If what he is saying is true, it honestly might be the T-Rex

Totally understand why you don’t buy it. It’s a bit far fetched that some bald dude would know all of the exact details but hey there is always a chance.

I’m not saying for this year with the family coaster I’m just saying it’s a massive need for the park and one I’d love to see in the next 2-3 years 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rdudeq said:

Totally understand why you don’t buy it. It’s a bit far fetched that some bald dude would know all of the exact details but hey there is always a chance.

I couldn’t even hear half of what he was saying, plus I don’t think we’re able to build a coaster that runs over the lake.

16 minutes ago, Clearvue said:

I’m not saying for this year with the family coaster I’m just saying it’s a massive need for the park and one I’d love to see in the next 2-3 years 

After our focus on flats these past few years, and a potential stand-out coaster next year, it’s only logical for us to focus on family and kids rides next. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zash said:

After our focus on flats these past few years, and a potential stand-out coaster next year, it’s only logical for us to focus on family and kids rides next. 

Agreed

2021 Needs a new kiddie area, 2022 NEEDS a giant Hurricane Harbor addition.

• Like 1

I would love to see this be an RMC hyper coaster. If whatever he is saying is true, and that many of the predictions are wrong, then it may not be the Raptor. It could be the 2-across seating single rail coaster. I was not suspecting it to go over the water, but there is water directly adjacent to the plot of land by LTSP.

1 minute ago, Gyrotron said:

I would love to see this be an RMC hyper coaster. If whatever he is saying is true, and that many of the predictions are wrong, then it may not be the Raptor. It could be the 2-across seating single rail coaster. I was not suspecting it to go over the water, but there is water directly adjacent to the plot of land by LTSP.

Odds are if he's right then it probably won't even be a single rail. However this is a guy who recorded the a portrait iPhone video on a noisy street so who knows what to believe.

3 minutes ago, Tower said:

Odds are if he's right then it probably won't even be a single rail. However this is a guy who recorded the a portrait iPhone video on a noisy street so who knows what to believe.

True, but he did say that lots of people would be happy with the new addition. Also, that it would have a “drop of possibly over 200 feet”, which sounded like it implied a ride with a traditional chain lift. But you’re right, we don’t even know if what he’s saying is true, it’s just hearsay.

Building over the water would require draining portions of the lake to build footers and a ton of environmental impact studies and paperwork.  All of that is expensive, time consuming, and probably something the park would not want to tackle, especially after they were fighting off the solar panel protesters.   

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Building over the water would require draining portions of the lake to build footers and a ton of environmental impact studies and paperwork.  All of that is expensive, time consuming, and probably something the park would not want to tackle, especially after they were fighting off the solar panel protesters.   

What do you think Six Flags Great Adventure will get in 2020? @29yrswithaGApass

1 minute ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

This, exactly. I think people are getting in way too over their heads at this point. Remember when it was all but confirmed we were getting a free spin and around this time we kept talking about how we should get the bigger model? We all know how that turned out. 

• Thanks 1

I am just so ready to see the video of the Six Flags 2020 announcements, and especially the animation they have created for the Great Adventure addition. 13 more days until the 29th!

10 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

I am just so ready to see the video of the Six Flags 2020 announcements, and especially the animation they have created for the Great Adventure addition. 13 more days until the 29th!

Not to mention we have clue no. 2 out of 6 coming out tomorrow. This is going to be a really exciting two weeks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tower said:

Not to mention we have clue no. 2 out of 6 coming out tomorrow. This is going to be a really exciting two weeks.

I really don’t know what to expect. The two Cs are probably part of the ride’s title in an incomplete anagram. 

12 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

I really don’t know what to expect. The two Cs are probably part of the ride’s title in an incomplete anagram. 

Hopefully we can get a better idea of whether or not they actually refer to the title of the ride by seeing if there are more highlighted letters tomorrow.

Whatever we get... let's just all agree to not be like the people on FB complaining about getting a giga coaster right now. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Matt Kaiser said:

Whatever we get... let's just all agree to not be like the people on FB complaining about getting a giga coaster right now. 

Whatever GADV gets, I’ll be very happy! 

Just now, EasternThrills said:

Whatever GADV gets, I’ll be very happy! 

even if it's just a set-up for the mardi gras festival

IF the 2020 addition is a stand-out roller coaster, especially by RMC, I think Great Adventure would become the best park in the chain. They would have two top-tier Intamins, an RMC, and several B&Ms (including one of the best B&M hypers), along with a good collection of flats. Magic Mountain comes close, but it’d be a tossup.

1 hour ago, Gyrotron said:

IF the 2020 addition is a stand-out roller coaster, especially by RMC, I think Great Adventure would become the best park in the chain. They would have two top-tier Intamins, an RMC, and several B&Ms (including one of the best B&M hypers), along with a good collection of flats. Magic Mountain comes close, but it’d be a tossup.

I think an RMC (if that is the Manufacturer for the 2020 addition) Would give the park an awesome top three, and an outstanding top two!

2 hours ago, Matt Kaiser said:

While I agree with you 100%, those people pale in comparison to the lunatics complaining about the giga coaster Kings Island just announced.

My theory is that Rdueq IS the person in the video. Mind blown